Sonia Kashuk Take Cover Concealing Stick

3.4

on 11/12/2014 2:12:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I like this concealer. I only use it to cover up redness on my nose where I have some broken capillaries and it covers well and lasts better than many other more expensive products I've used. The packaging is a lot higher quality that I'd have expected at this price point. Most of my cosmetics are department store/high end so this was a real find for me.

on 9/14/2013 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is the best concealer i have ever used for my under eye circles. it doesn't crease, gives good coverage, and is the only concealer that doesn't make the area under my eyes look oily. it is mattifying but i can still see a subtle glow when i use this. i don't use it anywhere but my eyes because it looks too cakey and the shade is too light for the rest of my face. i use it over origins plantscription eye cream. i have horrible under eye circles and i am so glad i found this. would definitely recommend to people with skin that is more on the oily side.

on 2/7/2013 12:18:00 AM

So this is my first concealer I have ever purchased and I must say I'm not impressed. It is way too dry and leaves the area where you placed the product very cakey looking. I put a bit under my eyes and they just looked washed out. The packaging also is inconvenient because it is hard to take the top off. The only thing I use it for now is to conceal little blemished on my face, but even that tends to flake off in a short period of time. Not impressed at all.

on 12/16/2012 11:16:00 AM

This concealer was extremely dry, thick, and caky. It highlighted all of my blemishes, outlined all of my flakes, and felt as dry as drawing on your face with a crayon. I don't know if this would work for ANYONE, and do not recommend it! The packaging, for me, was hard to open without scraping chunks of the product. I believe there are so many other concealers out there that are probably WAY CHEAPER and way better quality. NEVER AGAIN.

on 6/24/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i used this for a couple weeks so i think i have a pretty good opinion on this. i like the idea of a stick concealer but i dont think this is the best one out there. i got it in the shade dawn which i think is the lightest color they had. i only bought this because they were out of the hidden agenda palette. so this was not my first choice product. i do like the simple packaging its compact and easy for traveling. the packaging reminds me of a lipstick. the product itself is not the best its a little thick and hard to blend and shows up cakey even when using the smallest amount. i would only use this for my dark circles on those days where i need a lot of coverage. i think this is a good concealer for oily skin people, dry skinned people beware this will probably only make your dry patches more noticeable. for 7-8 bucks i was disappointed i know there are better concealers out there then this. ill probably give this to my oily skinned sister and see if she likes it any better. i will defiantly not repurchase.

on 1/11/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

While I like a wet concealer, I also like to use a stick concealer on pimples or to conceal other imperfections. Upon trying this, I love it and continue to repurchase. It covers much better than the other drug store brands and I even prefer this to Clea de Peu too! Great buy.

on 12/21/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is an excellent concealer, it's has a nice opacity. It has wonderful staying power. You must moisturize first. It applies best (for me) by using my finger and tapping it under my eye area. The product is on the dry side, but will warm up and soften on your finger. I love the stick packaging. Be careful with application or it can look a little dry if you apply too much.
Edit: After using this for more than a year, I have decided I will not rebuy. Perhaps my skin has changed, but I find this too dry for me now.

on 6/30/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best concealer I've tried for undereye circles. I don't use it for anything else. It offers buildable coverage and takes care of my reddish-brown discoloration. Super affordable and lots of product for the money. I even tried Erase Paste and it didn't work.

You can apply directly to your skin, with your finger, or with a concealer brush. It blends with a beauty blender or your finger, but I find a dense foundation brush works best. Then SET IT with translucent powder and a fluffy brush. It lasts all day if you blend it and set it.

See how it worked for me: http://mylifegonepublic.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/covering-undereye-circles/

on 6/21/2011 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Over all this is an okay concealer. I personally didn't like it 'cause I felt it didn't do anything. There was some coverage but not the amount I need. Not only that but this seemed to disappear by the end of the day (yes I even applied Smashbox Photo Set finishing powder over it). Thus the 3. It probably will work better for others. For now I'm sticking with Hard Candy Undercover Agent.

on 2/9/2011 11:59:00 AM

Alright for the price, but doesn't cover all that well on its own. The packaging is nice, it's easy to keep in your purse/carry with you.
Works better as a "brightener" than as concealer on its own.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products