Bobbi Brown Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm

3.7

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.50% ,HOMOSALATE 5.00%, OXYBENZONE 5.00% ,AVOBENZONE 2.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU ,GLYCERIN ,PEG-4 DIHEPTANOATE ,BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2,BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) , CETEARYL ALCOHOL , CETYL ALCOHOL , GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER ,EPILOBIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM EXTRACT ,DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT , SODIUM HYALURONATE , RETINYL PALMITATE , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SQUALANE , ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ,OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) , ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE), PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS (GERANIUM) FLOWER OIL, CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT CALIFORNIA) , ANGELICA ARCHANGELICA SEED OIL , CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) OIL , PHENYL TRIMETHICONE , DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL , PEG-12 DIMETHICONE , DICETYL PHOSPHATE ,CETETH-10 PHOSPHATE, SORBITAN STEARATE ,POLYSORBATE 60 ,PEG-40 STEARATE, XANTHAN GUM , CITRIC ACID , TETRASODIUM EDTA , POTASSIUM SORBATE, CHLORPHENESIN ,PHENOXYETHANOL, LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL ,GERANIOL, LINALOOL, CITRAL , /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) , IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) , MICA

on 5/16/2015 10:11:00 AM

Love the consistency, the feeling on my skin, the high SPF and the colour range. But I just can not stand the smell. Also the jar packaging is not my cup of tea. Will not buy it again and only use it once a week or even once a month. All because of the smell. Sorry Bobbi!

on 5/7/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love anything that calls itself a "balm"—to me, it means its inherently hydrating—so I was excited to find this while browsing the BB counter.

The color is perfect (light to medium) and it's SO moisturizing. The first few times I used it, I used my fingers and wasn't loving the way it spread, but now I apply with a damp BeautyBlender and it couldn't be easier. Plus, it gives my skin an extra dewy look.

Another plus: It sinks right in, so it doesn't look like I'm rocking a makeup mask. Love it!

on 4/30/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just got my package today, and I tore into it like a gazelle. It's beautiful, and it's the first time in the past two weeks that I finally look human. Initially, I would not have looked twice as I generally strictly adhere to a +4 score here, but my dry sensitive skin eczema prone skin was getting desperate as I was overcoming another episode of burning, agonizing flakes.

This, combined with my new Sulwhassoo skincare samples got me back to normal. I've noted that a lot of the negative reviews are oily skin, but if your skin matches mine as described, it will be a light, non-greasy godsend with sheer coverage. People who buy into it looking for full will be disappointed but I feel that it does a good job of neutralizing the redness. Set it with a slight touch of TF Primed and Poreless as that's also great for sensitive skin. I honestly enjoy it better then most BB creams, as I've cycled through my fair share. I bought mine in 'light to medium', and though I was afraid of it being a tad dark per other reviews, it melded beautifully into my skin tone and I was easily able to highlight my face more naturally.

on 2/16/2015 8:48:00 PM

I'm nearing the end of my jar and being a fickle product junkie, I'm thinking about whether to replace it. However, I'm worried I won't be as happy with something else!

My skin is mature, normal-to-combo in hot, humid conditions, somewhat dry in winter. I often have problems with heavy creams causing blackheads and clogged pores, but have used this summer and winter with no problem. I apply it with a Beauty Blender sponge, and maybe am applying it sparingly.

My foundation shade tends to be second from the lightest in most lines. I got this in "extra light" and it's a good match.

No one needs fragrance on their skin whatsoever. While lavender is nice it really has no business on skin. There are mixed reports on whether it is phototoxic, estrogen disrupting, irritating and sensitizing as all essential(volatile) oils contain constituents that have the potential to irritate. And there are reports on it's supposed calming effects. My opinion is to avoid it in general, without the fragrance I would definitely consider keeping this product, though pricey.

on 1/16/2015 1:54:00 PM

Ok - just bought this originally last week. I went against Paula's (Begoun) advice and bought it anyway - I turned 50 last year, I use Retin A and glycolic acid products, and I regularly do mandelic acid peels - so my skin is dry. I use buckets of sunscreen, rich moisturizers and facial oils, so I keep it under control, but as for makeup - forget it. At least as far as any kind of foundation goes, it all looks like spackle, and gets dry and flaky throughout the day, unless I put lots of oil underneath it - then it gets greasy. Not so - drumroll, please! - with Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm!! For me - pure heaven. Rich and buttery feeling, glides on and blends in like a dream, is a PERFECT color match (Light), and looks beautiful all day long - like I'm not wearing makeup at all. Contrary to what some others say, I think it definitely has a bit of coverage - just enough to make skin look perfectly even. It wouldn't cover blemishes and the like, without a bit of extra concealer. However, it's absolutely marketed as a tinted moisturizer,which was really never meant to have full coverage.I feel moisturized all day, as well. After I bought it (ahem) I thought I might want to check the MUA reviews in more detail - and I have read that this product is being discontinued. I ordered my first jar from Nordstrom's - and about ten minutes ago I ordered a second one from the Bobbi Brown website - just in case. I've not been specifically told by anyone that it's being discontinued - maybe the company has changed that plan! I hope so, because it just doesn't happen very often that I find any kind of foundation-like product that I'm happy with, and I really like this. I rated it 1 lippy for price - Good God! Fifty six dollars! But I will surely buy it again, presuming nothing weird happens, like all of a sudden my face turns into one big pimple, or something like that! And, of course, I live long enough to use up the 2 jars I already have! LOL! Speaking of jars - I stopped at Ulta and picked up a couple of small sample pots and decanted some product into them, so I'm not constantly sticking my fingers into the jar. The packaging is gorgeous and definitely vanity table worthy and I don't have any problem with that. This product would be hard to package any other way - you could never squeeze it out of a tube, way too thick. Smaller jars are a very minor inconvenience for me - and easier to carry with you during the day or for travel.

on 11/3/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have no business writing a review because I just purchased this today and have been wearing it for only seven hours. However, I think that, so far, it is terrific for someone who is of a certain age with dry skin who wants a glowy natural look. This evens out your skin tone, moisturizes and gives you sun protection. It is not a foundation, but I have reached an age where foundations scream "makeup!" on my face.. I had this applied by a knowledgable sales person at Barneys NYC who applied it over moisturizer, which gives you an idea of how dry my skin is. Now, hours later, I still look moisturized, not greasy as some have said, and improved. I thought it worthwhile to review this today because I learned that this is being discontinued. I was fortunate to get the last light to medium jar in the store. So if you are a user or are curious, try or buy while you still can. Just my luck to find something at the very last minute.

on 10/27/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Just saw another review and remembered that I didn't review this. I am probably a member of the target audience for this product, I am 55 with dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage. I didn't really mind the jar, it feels heavy and significant and am pretty careful about cleanliness with my cosmetics. I didn't even mind the smell, which is strong. Some people called it lavender, but it reminds me of a Dr Hauschka product, only stronger. The texture was creamy and felt very good going on. Coverage was very minimal, although it did sort of even out some of my coloring; it would not be for someone who had anything to hide. However, I only used it four times and returned it because it looked waayyy to greasy for me. I don't mind dewy, but this was over the top and didn't absorb into my skin even over time. I ended up using powder to control the shine. You know a product isn't for you when your husband tells you your skin looks better without it. I think this would be good for someone with very dry, and I mean verrryy dry skin, or someone who lives in a very dry climate, but for those of us with only "dryish" skin, it's way too much. Too bad. Returned it and am trying the BB cream now.

on 10/27/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I liked the concept of this product - a balm with SPF that provides some coverage and leaves dry skin dewy and pampered. I had a generous sample which I used up. While this balm was pleasant to use and felt good upon application I found some negatives that will prevent me from buying this.
Pros:
- Good color match for my light skin tone NW10/15, I used Extra Light
- Creamy/buttery consistency, easy to apply
Cons:
- I have dry skin with a normal t-zone and this product looked dewy for the first few minutes, but then greasy and shiny
- I did not feel like this product was really "moisturizing"
- Coverage was not even, product seemed to "slide"
- Jar packaging, while elegant, is not sanitary and destabilizes the sunscreen
- Essential oils in this product are potential irritants, would prefer less scented product
- High cost

on 10/27/2014 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colour was good but it made my skin very shiny so it looked like I had oily skin which I don't have. I had to use powder which defeats the whole object of a tinted moisturiser. The bottle was easy to use in the beginning but had to use an ear bud to get it out when it was nearing the bottom. It did last a long time but I did alternate with other products because of the shlep of having to powder after application.