TiGi Bedhead Superstar Queen For a Day Thickening Spray

3.7

on 3/28/2015 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I remember trying this product years ago and I also remember that I hated it. Like really hated it, because it made my hair greasy and ugly. I bought it again some weeks ago and oh my, I don't know if my hair has changed or if the product has changed, but now I really like it.

This stuff makes my hair both thick and big. I use it after showering and I spray it on my roots and a little bit through my hair - too much on the lengths will just make it oily, compared to the first time I tried out this product it doesn't make my scalp oily/greasy anymore. I have to be careful and not use too much otherwise my hair will look and feel dirty again (but still thick tho). After I've applied it I just blow dry my hair upside down and voila, thickness and some volume. It's not the best volumizing spray out there, but it works just fine. The main thing this stuff does to your hair is leaving it thick and full of life and body, at least that's what it does to my hair. It also smells good and the smell is not too strong.

The reason why I only give it four lippies instead of five, is because it's not as volumizing as I wish it would be. It's basically just a thickening spray which adds thickness and the volume that comes with it. If I want great volume I have to use another product combined with this one.

☆ MY HAIR TYPE ☆
Fine, curly, wavy. Chemically treated. Lack of volume. Slightly damaged hair. My natural hair colour is dirty blonde, dyed dark brown. I use hair straightener and blow dryer frequently. Shoulder length.

on 2/13/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Never clogged on me which is a bonus. It just didn't really make me feel like Queen For A Minute, much less a whole day. Added marginal volume, the same amount I can get from most other products. I finished it because I'm cheap and stubborn but won't be repurchasing.

on 7/9/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

3.5/5 lippies for sure.

I bought this product because stylists rave about it on this one blog I love, intothegloss.com
Supposedly all these stylists use it during runway shows.

Thickening: This product is great at thickening and adding texture and grip to your hair.

Volumizing: I don't find that this product volumizes more or better than drugstore products. It does create great lift and volume but like drugstore products, it falls flat pretty quick. I also didn't find that it extended my "clean hair" to a second day like some reviewers mentioned. I've had hair products do that before, and this wasn't it.

Overall: I feel this is an expensive version of a drugstore volumizing product. I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/16/2014 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Bed Head Queen for a day thickening spray.
Ok so let me first say that I have fine hair but plenty of it in a bob and a fringe and my hair can look pretty flat without back-combing. I usually use mousses's along with voluminous hair techniques like back combing. Only problem with back combing is makes hair super knotty and is terrible for hair split ends, dry hair blah blah. So I was on the hunt for some products that would hopefully give me that oomph. Lets just say I found it right here with Bed Head. After them using bed head at my salon I love all the smells and cute packaging when my hairdresser does my highlights and cut so was tempted to treat myself to a few of their products. I love this spray when sprayed onto dry hair into sections and then blow dry each sections finishing my straightening. This is a 'heat activated' product and therefore requires you to use heat on your hair for it to work. It seemed like the more heat I was using the more volume I was getting. I can't honestly believe how much beautiful volume this product gave me it smells absolutely lush, quite citrus and fresh but seriously no joke it makes me look like I have twice as much hair. I absolutely adore everything about this product and will continue to repurchase as it really hits the spot. Well worth every penny for me! Well impressed!!

on 9/15/2013 12:28:00 AM

I have a classic Bob hairstyle that I love but can at times look a little flat, especially in hot humid SC. I found this product on a clearance rack at TJ Max (outer cap missing) for 5.00 and thought it worth a try. I love it but I don't use it on wet hair, after drying my hair I flip hair to one side, lightly spray with Superstar then take my hands and run from bottom up to roots, flip hair to the other side and repeat. After doing this my hair will be standing up looking crazy/ scary but again using my fingers I pull hair from underneath placing it how I want it to lay. The top layer I leave a little looser/ textured looking. For me it works wonderful, not crunchy or sticky just thicker/ volume. Start out using a light spray you can always add more. Although I got a great deal on this can I would pay full price in the future . Youtube has a couple of good videos with helpful info on using. Hope this is helpful, good luck!

on 1/20/2013 12:17:00 AM

The packaging is cute, the smell super sweet, but i really don't think it does much more than make my hair a bit greasy! The spray nozzle is pretty crappy too. :-(

on 6/5/2012 10:52:00 AM

This product is not going to give you that big, sassy, "Dallas" hair but for an everyday thickining spray its great. I love the way it keeps my normally oily hair looking clean all day. It gives it a noticeable amount of body without looking too full for the office.

on 8/11/2011 12:45:00 AM

This stuff is great, but don't use as directed. I bought this to use on my 2nd day hair because I like the dispenser. I was not dissapointed. I spray some on my roots blow dry with my head upside down, hit my roots with the cool shot and flip my hair back. Amazing volume for 2nd day hair. I'm taking one lippie off because I tried it on wet hair and was not impressed. I prefer the Catwalk Root Boost on wet hair.

I used to blow dry my hair a lot and I tried this out the way it's supposed to be used: sprayed on the roots and then blow-dried. It really didn't work well that way for me at all; I just got weighed down roots. Now that my hair is longer I don't want to spend the extra time blow drying my hair so I do what the other reviewer does: I spray it onto the ponytail part of my hair only after putting in some leave in conditioner and twist it into a bun and sleep in it. I only started doing this because I have a ton of hair products that I used a lot with short hair but now don't need with my longer hair, so I'm thinking of creative ways of using things up. Who knew that uses this like a mousse on the length of my hair works better than regular mousse?

on 7/25/2011 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This does nothing for my hair at all. Unfortunately it just sits collecting dust. Not good