Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDP

3.9

on 1/14/2015 6:53:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I received this perfume as a gift last Christmas and at first I didn't like it because I thought it was too harsh- it takes a little while for the top notes to evaporate, but when they do this is a little fitty!

I'm not surprised it's so popular, it's sweet, floral but not flowery, citrusy and warm. Not only does it smell fab but it lasts for ages! It's an eau de parfum so I was quite surprised at the longevity- it really lasts all day, if it was a full parfum you'd probably smell like it forever.

*TIP spray any clothing that won't just go in the wash at the end of the day like scarves and coats etc. and next time you come to wear them you'll get a nice surprise because they'll still smell of perfume- especially good if you've just started seeing someone and "accidentally" leave some stuff at their house because scent is a powerful memory trigger so they'll be thinkin about you all day!
Xx

It's a sweet perfume to me. Not plain sweet, but not too sexy as they have said. I love the rum note in the EDP (while the EDT does not have that) which helps to build some more layers to this scent and makes it more mature and sophisticated. Some said that they did not dare to wear this scent to public but my advise is: go ahead and wear it to your date or to the mall. It's sweet, anyway. Scent of a woman, and not a teenager!

on 2/27/2013 8:45:00 PM

I find this to be a very ordinary, girlie girl scent. It's sweet and cute and oh so not me. If you are into sexy, spicy oriental scents, this one isn't for you.

on 11/13/2012 5:54:00 PM

I love this perfume. I steered clear of this years ago because of the bottle, really!! But I was in Sephora's and was looking at something new and low and behold there was that bottle again. I tried it and fell in love. This is it, my signature. It last a good 6-7 hours and the dry dow is as good as the first spray. Very feminine. I will never be without it,

on 10/26/2012 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

About a year go I got a gift voucher for my birthday and didn't manage to walk to far away with it since the perfume store was just around the corner :) .Purchased the 30 ml botte of EDP and loved the look of it and the feel of it too when I hold it to apply the scent: it falls well into the palm and is very comfortable. The bottle design is actually not JPG's invention: the first ever ( officially recorded at least ) torso-shaped bottle was created by Elsa Schiaparelli for her perfume "Shocking!" (1936), which was proportion-wise the exact replica of Mae West's torso, so everything new is indeed only the well-forgotten old! :) I am actually glad that JPG has brought this idea back - there was nothing similar for decades on the market. Now about the scent: I am not impressed, at all. First of all, Armani Code has outdone it. I know, Classique was there first, and had there been no Armani Code - it would probably have had a much higher value, for my nose at least, but when there's an almost identical scent out there, but edgier, sexier and simply with more personality - why bother buying this one? The smell itself is good, you can tell right away that it didn't come cheap to the wearer, it's a rich, full-bodied, verging on being a weapon of mass destruction when oversprayed kind of thing, but it is still a very plain bouquet: it is just missing that little something and it feels therefore average - désolé! And therefore it is somewhat hard to place it timewise: for an evening fragrance it's lacking a certain darkness, and for the daywear it almost too sweet/heavy and makes one feel like she's trying too much to get attenton. I felt right like a tart trying to seduce my boss when I put it on, although I had nothing of the like in mind!! So it is a rather loud look-at-me fragrance without enigma. I personally prefer scents that have a promise of something more even after they fully develop. This one will give you the needed attention for about a minut, but it will not help you keep it. I will use this in winter cosying up with the hubby/best friends, for big family dinners and cocktail-time occasions with no possibilities of flirting and when I feel that I need to smell womanly and pretty without showing too much personality.

on 10/23/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This fragrance is just "meh". Its sweet and appealing but nothing spectacular. Its a sugary, but not to young, more for grown ups. I don't find it very strong either for being edp and expected it to last much longer on my skin.

on 8/6/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Good thing I sprayed this on a paper because when I smelled it, i instantly got a mild headache. It doesn't smell bad, but this will def be headache heaven for me. I smelled the Anise at the beginning and the Orange Blossom. It was pretty strong. Don't know about the dry down cause obviously it was on paper and I threw it out. But it was ok for me. Wouldn't wear it.

on 6/16/2012 9:32:00 PM

Test drove this after reading all the great reviews. I have dry skin on my body that is notorious for eating fragrances. But from all I read, I thought JPG's Classique wulld be a powerhouse that would endure. Not so on my skin. An hour later, there's a nice vanilla-ish scent that is very faint only if I put my nose right on my wrist where I sprayed two shpritzes of Classique. Darn. Lovely, but fades away into almost nothing in no time flat. This is why I wear and love heavy hitters like Fracas, Opium, and my number-one all-time favorite, Coco.

on 5/5/2012 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance drives men absolutely crazy. It is a musky scent with a vanilla base mixed with warm floral notes. It's powerful, intoxicating, sexy and seductive. If you want a man to find you irresistable then wear this on a date. You can't go wrong. A bit overpowering for day wear but at night it is just divine and the staying power is insane. It lasts 12 hours+. But less is more with this fragrance. You only need the tiniest amount as it's incredibly strong. Be aware also that the EDT and EDP smell very different. The EDP is softer, sweeter and more complex. I much prefer the EDP. I've been wearing this on and off for over ten years but recently have fallen so in love with it that I'm never going to give it up again. Some women may not like it but men LOVE it and that's what counts!

on 4/24/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I am wearing this now and will be SO glad to wash it off. It's so strong and to me smells just like an incense shop which is not what I want to smell like. It smells like cheap incense - I like a bit of incense sometimes but DO NOT want to smell like it. So horrible, and the bottle seems cheap and nasty as well - I don't know if I just have a dud bottle though.

Popular Fragrances