TheBalm Boyz'N My Berry

3.8

on 8/11/2008 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I rather like this gloss. Smells like berry, looks like berry, and kind of tastes like berry. The texture of this gloss is an opaque creme with no shimmer, and thus looks like a glossier lipstick when on, while it applies as a thick gloss with a doefoot applicator. It is neither sticky nor slippery, the two qualities that immediately turn me off in a lipgloss. If you want a sheer gloss, this is probably going to disappoint. I like the thickness of it, as it seems to help fill in the ridges of my lips. Staying power is above-average for a gloss. The color is a pretty medium-berry - even the BF commented on it. You do get that "plumping sensation" that you get from glosses of this genre, but I don't notice any change myself. Overall, I do like these glosses (I have two of them), and for the reasonable price of $14, can see myself picking up more. I do have to say that the texture is not necessarily consistent from gloss to gloss, so if you are looking for something sheerer, there may be another shade that fills the bill. This particular shade, however, does not play on the sheer side.

on 4/15/2008 2:58:00 PM

I rate this less than 5 because of the packaging. I have a few tubes of TheBalm products and all have leaked. I have two of this color - one in my purse and one at home - and both leak. Another color does the same.

Besides the leaking issue, I rate this one of my favorite products. It is opaque and the color lasts a long time. The color works for me very well - fair with pink/blue undertones and dark red hair. Plus, since I am a redhead, I have a natural tint to my teeth. Meaning, they are white but not pearly white. The blue tone of this helps make my teeth look whiter whereas a golden color or reddish would make my teeth look more dull.

I don't see plumping really, but consider the texture and lasting power, I can live without that.

on 7/31/2007 8:35:00 PM

This is very opaque and dark. It tastes/smells unpleasant. It also doesn't plump at all but irritates the corner of my lips.

on 9/4/2005 9:36:00 AM

I love the taste, smell, consistency, texture, and shine of this gloss... but it sure is the wrong color for me. It just looks pre-teen purple/lavender on me, so I need to return to Sephora for a better color. Just doesn't work on this brown-eyed, brown-haired girl!

on 5/23/2005 7:23:00 PM

Have a couple of these and this color is my favorite. It does plump a bit and when I put it on over Lipfusion, I like the look.

on 8/13/2004 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is a very pigmented, non-sheer dark berry color. Not too dark but definately adds color. It's almost more like a liquid lipstick rather than a gloss, but I guess the line between the two is blurry. The Sephora swatch for this is very inaccurate...in reality it's not sheer like the swatch looks and a little darker. The gloss is sort of thick, but not too sticky or goopy. I'm very pleased with the consistancy actually and love the tingling. Much better than the Lip Venom glosses which sting me. The smell reminds me of Grape Bubbalicious gum which I always chewed as a kid so that's good for me also. I took off one lippie just because I prefer sheerer glosses.

Recommended for Medium Skin