Paula's Choice Soft Cream Concealer

3.4

Not tested on animals

Soft Beige
Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollients), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Ozokerite (wax-based thickener/bodifier), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (thickener), Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters (solubolzier), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (thickener), Polyethylene (texture enhancer), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Allantoin (skin-soothing agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (FDA-approved mineral pigments).

Soft Ivory and Soft Neutral

on 7/25/2014 11:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This has a skin identicle ingredient and anti-irritant but that's all regarding exciting ingredients. It has a short list so if you have a reaction it should be easy to identify. There are very limited shades only 2 and one of them is too yellow. They don't stay in the same place and can crease and smear.

on 7/13/2014 8:51:00 AM

Great concealer for my dry skin. Great coverage and staying power. Doesn't sink into fine lines around the eyes. I've use more high end brands that don't work as well.

on 1/1/2014 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really don't like this product. I do like the color - soft ivory, as it is a nice yellowy, pale shade. I hate the texture. It's really hard to spread on. It does stay put. Only way to use it is to pat it in one spot at a time. That is a lot of dabbing for under your eyes and it can end up dry and caked if you try to build coverage. It's just a hard texture to work with. It gives some coverage, but nothing amazing. I use it just for the color, but I can't seem to make it work. Maybe I am using it wrong. I have dry skin but use moisturizer. Have tried a brush but find using my fingers easier. Also not the cleanest way to package it as you get sticking your fingers in it, but I could live with that.

on 11/4/2012 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Do not buy this product. It is not the worst, but not very good at all. It slips off the skin in hardly any time at all, creases A LOT under eyes, has a very sheer coverage, and a horrible ashy colour.

on 3/25/2012 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim and I really like it. As long as I don't over apply and set it with powder it covers well and doesn't slip into fine lines. I use it under my eyes and on my lids; I also use it to cover rosacea redness on my chin and cheeks. The lightest color, Soft Ivory, works for me but there aren't many colors to choose from. Soft Ivory is a great 'real skin tone' color and you can't beat the price. If you're looking for a good concealer, I do recommend this.

on 2/24/2012 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yes, I dab this on the occasional blemish, but I also use it on my eyelids. When set with a little powder, it lasts better than most eyeshadows on my oily lids. (I use the Soft Ivory shade.) I only give it a 4 because their discontinued No-Slip Concealer was even better.

on 11/18/2011 11:38:00 PM

Decent coverage, and doesn't seem to be breaking me out. However, it makes my skin look very oily and gives that "makeup" appearance.

Count me among those surprised that this concealer doesn't get better ratings. I have tried just about every concealer out there, including some that are very expensive, and this one gives them all a run for their money.

I wanted a concealer that I could use on eyelids and under eyes, as well as on blemishes or any discolorations that need full coverage. Well, this concealer definitely delivers. I use a tinted moisturizer to even out my skin, and this takes me the rest of the way to flawless by covering any imperfections.

I'm fortunate to have found one of the two shades (the lighter one) that is a perfect match for my skin, but definitely hope Paula thinks about expanding her shade ranges for all of her products.

on 3/29/2011 9:19:00 PM

I rarely give 1 Lippie to products, but this deserves it. Paula's makeup line sucks, it really does. Her skincare products are awesome, but I have yet to find any of her makeup products even satisfactory. This "concealer" is not capable of concealing much of anything. I don't even see it working for people with very mild issues, as it is very sheer and it slides all over your face regardless of how you set it. I've found her foundations to be the same way, way too sheer, greasy, and just all around inadequate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised this doesn't have better ratings. This is my HG concealer by far. It's super creamy and blends into my skin/foundation with just a bit of finger-patting. It doesn't settle into lines or pores (on me, at least) and provides EXCELLENT coverage while still looking very natural. I also love that this concealer has just the right amount of yellow tones to blend down imperfections and look natural while still being flesh-toned and wearable. The shade selection is VERY low but I believe that is because this isn't a very popular product. It still works out for me because Soft Ivory is a great match, but more shades would be nice. Overall I think PC is a great company with excellent customer service and skin-friendly, high quality product formulations... all for a very nice price.