BeneFit Cosmetics Silky-Finish Lipstick in On the Sly

on 7/1/2014 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this lipstick on sale about a year ago (possibly more!) and for some reason I never really bothered with it until recently. I think the depth of the colour scared me off a bit, but since I have started wearing lots of darker lip shades this one has been on heavy rotation! It's actually a very versatile colour - not too red, not too pink, just a lovely brightening shade that will work with lots of different makeup looks. The staying power is really impressive, and when it does start to fade after 4 or 5 hours, there is still a nice stain left on the lips. Unfortunately it looks like this lipstick has been discontinued, along with the rest of the full-finish line. It's a real shame, as the new packaging looks tacky, in my opinion!

on 10/9/2009 1:42:00 PM

This was my first Benefit lipstick. It's classic, beautiful, and simple, but it's got major oomph. Yet even though it's a departure from the army of MLBB lipsticks I own, it still doesn't feel overdone or loud. It's a medium shade that looks like crushed deep pink roses; I just feel so polished when I wear this. I recently discovered just how well it wears - even through a hot, oily pad Thai dish and lots and lots of water, it didn't lose any of its richness. The texture is wonderfully creamy and glides over my lips like butter, but it doesn't bleed. Worn with MAC Whirl, it's a no fail lip color for work or play. $22 CDN.

on 9/13/2009 5:39:00 PM

I love the texture, the color, and the packaging of this lipstick. I would describe the color as a red with pink undertones or maybe it's the other way around. It is gorgeous. I first tried on Wild Card and it looked gorgeous as well but it didn't look like I could wear it daily. This I feel like I can wear all the time because of the pink in it. I love it but everyone is different and with lipsticks you should always try it on to see how the color suits you. The quality speaks for itself. Pick your color!

on 7/27/2004 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I want a 'sexy' look this is the one I reach for. The color is stunning! I layer a bit of lilac gloss over this for an over the top effect. The purple-bronze color has some sparkle to it and stays on my lips well.

on 3/22/2004 5:56:00 PM

The perfect lipstick! This is absolutely my all-time favorite lipstick. If I designed a lipstick myself, this would be it. A pretty bronze/berry, with just a touch of gold shimmer. It has almost a matte finish, which I prefer to really greasy lipsticks, and it lasts all day. I very seldom have to reapply it. BeneFit's finest work yet!

Popular Lipsticks