Revlon Super Lustrous in Blackberry [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.3

on 7/28/2013 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous lipstick!! I have very fair skin so this washes me out if I don't wear it along with blush. It's so rich and dark. If you want that sexy vampy look, blackberry is for you. Revlon super lustrous lipsticks have a fantastic formula. They're so creamy and opaque.

on 7/24/2013 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

After spending WAY too much money searching for it, I found my HG red. I read up on it and people seemed to like it, and after not being able to find it in stores anywhere, I ordered it on ebay for around $5. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's a deep, dark red, with Super Lustrous's awesome texture and staying power. It stains a bit without being impossible to remove and leaves moisture in your lips rather than taking it away! I got it in creme, and I couldn't be happier. The packaging is pretty sturdy and standard, it's got that classic sort of look. I adore this stuff. I hope it doesn't get discontinued, but I can't seem to find it easily in stores.

This is a really beautiful color and that's what lured me into buying it in the first place. Its such a deep red/burgundy color which is absolutely gorgeous. It has a creamy texture and isn't drying. It lasts a long time but i found that it does sink into the lines of my lips and doesn't look good after an extended amount of time. It also tends to leave that ring of color on your outer lip after you've eaten and drank. Not very flattering. To have a more even application i like to put a little bit of lip balm underneath before applying. Overall, a great lip color for fall/winter. But not one for extended wear

on 3/12/2013 12:30:00 PM

This caught my attention when I noticed reviewers saying it is a dupe for MAC Dubonnet. Well, I was curious...I would much rather try a $5 Revlon lipstick than pay for a MAC one on a color I don't wear all the time but have been very curious about. FYI - I am NW20, with almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey lips.

So here is the good news:

*Beautiful brick red...deep and rich. It is a touch less bold IMO than VGI. Really looks great on me and it is a SL Creme finish (my fave).

*I bought two of these on clearance for $1.50 at Target (as of this review).

Now it is time for the bad news:
*As of this review, I believe this is LE or being discontinued. It was not listed on the Revlon website and Target had them all on clearance.

*This is a gorgeous fall/winter color, that I just purchased in March. So, I won't get to play with this much till September.

And don't get this confused with the uber dark Black Cherry (more of a purple tone), this is Blackberry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Blackberry is a lovely red wine color that I wasn't sure about, but I've gotten several compliments when wearing this lipstick. I love the creamy texture and the color is very long-lasting. This color is a little dark for daytime, unless you blot it really well and put on a lipgloss to mute the deep redness. But, I think it's the perfect color to go out dancing!

Goes on smoothly and beautifully, but it does not wear very long.

on 11/17/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is lovely, rich red. On me, it's the perfect everyday red, especially when applied sheerly or blotted. It's a neutral red with a bit of brown. Like all SL lipsticks on me, I can get 4-5 hours of wear out of one application as long as I'm not drinking or eating. I usually drink lots of water and remove my lipstick before meals though. It's also a bit drying, but lip balm underneath helps.

I recommend that anyone looking for a neutral red that is not in-your-face bright or vampy to try this.

on 11/15/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A fantastic Revlon product for its price, colour payoff and longevity. On my NC43 skin, this $8 gem shows up as a dark red/bordeaux colour that lasts all day if applied over a moisturized lip and I avoid touching anything to my mouth. Given the impracticality of not eating or drinking, I'd suggest a lipliner or the blot/reapply method to lessen smearing and transferring.

on 10/18/2012 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful dark red wine color!! I bought this last year and I still have more than half the tube left. Out of the three types of Revlon Super lustrous lipsticks, the creme line is the best. I love matte finishes and the creme line has a matte finish without being too dry like the matte line.

Pros:
Dark red wine color
Matte finish
Not too drying but still needs lip balm
Long lasting
Doesn't settle in creases

Cons:
Only last for 3-4 hours

on 10/13/2012 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's a beautiful colour, formula, and product. Very flattering on me & probably anyone contemplating it. Has a warm tone to it, and makes my complexion look rich, my skin more luminous, as opposed to washed out.

An exact match for Guerlain's RA Vega IMO, except that one has more of a glossy finish and goes on a bit more sheer, so looks a hair brighter (which doesn't look good on me). So if you prefer a creamy/thicker finish, with a beautiful sheen that makes your lips look plumper, then you will like this better, regardless of price.

When you wipe it off, it leaves a soft reddish stain, which I like.

Popular Lipsticks