Chanel Gommage Eclat Express

4.2

on 3/12/2013 5:19:00 AM

I got a sample of this and ran out of all my scrubs and exfoliators so I had to give it a go. I was sceptical about the small beads and gentle exfoliation, but I LOVED it! I mean, I never thought I would, but it does the job very well.
It is a very good exfoliator if you want your dead cells removed fast and be squeaky clean. It is not moisturizing or gentle, it is quite effective (not too harsh though) and does not have much moisturizing oils as it is a cream-gel scrub. Worked fine for my combo skin though, did not dry out or break out.
This is pricey and high-end, good packaging though. I would not purchase this as Chanel tests on animals and there are natural and cruelty free solutions that are almost identical. Try Body Shop's Vitamin C Microdermabrasion facial scrub for a change.

on 10/3/2009 4:30:00 AM

Instant brightening! My skin literally glows after I use this gentle scrub... The beads are not irritating nor harsh, but they definitely make my sensitive skin much smoother. My moisturizer soaks in better after I exfoliate using this scrub, too. When I use it at night, I slather on a lot of moisturizer and in the morning my skin is glowy, and when I use it in the morning, my foundation goes on more naturally and smoothly. The scent is wonnnnderful. A+!

on 10/21/2008 2:43:00 PM

As much as I adore Chanel make-up (foundation, blush, lipsticks, glosses), I am not a fan of their skincare. The items I have tried have left me wanting to run to my nearest sink and wash, scrub, rinse and do it all over again. I find most of their cleansers, toners, and scrubs to be loaded with perfume and irritating ingredients and this is no exception. As the reviewer below me mentioned, this stuff makes you feel like residue is still left on your skin after rinsing well. I also did not see any improvement on the flakies around my nose, nor did my skin look any better afterwards. I actually felt as though my skin was irritated and looked a bit red in spots, which was the case when I received a facial from the Chanel rep ages ago also. By the time I drove home I wanted to take just about anything to wipe off the unpleasant feeling left on my skin. Trust me, I do not scrub too harshly as I make sure I am messaging my face as gently as possible. I'd like to see Chanel and many other HE cosmetic companies concentrate on skin beneficial ingredients and leave out some of the heavy perfume and irritating ingredients so many of their skin care items contain. Ironically, the truly great products get discontinued or re-invented... (especially the Precision age delay line). I will not be buying again...

on 9/7/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not excellent at all.The pink beads are too gentle for my oily skin.does not an excellent job as a scrub.The scent is amazing but I dont enjoy the perfume in a skin care product.This product didnt work for me at all,I didnt enjoy any benefits from this one.It was hard to rinse all the beads off my face,i always feel a residue on my skin as if i cant wash it all off.Nothing spectacular about its cleansing abilities doesn't do anything that a cheap bottle of scrub can't do and for that reason I'm not going to repurchase.

Not excellent. Dried my skin out like a mofo and I ended up with a blotchy flakey texture.

on 4/30/2006 11:51:00 PM

LOVE THIS SCRUB!!!
The pink beads are gentle on my skin yet does an excellent job at exfoliating.
The scent is amazing and the packaging is great.
However, the price is a little too steep, but I suppose that is expected with Chanel products.
Will defintely re-purchase!

on 2/7/2006 3:53:00 PM

Gommage Eclat Express: Tried a sample size of this product. This product is way too rough. I prefer Trilogy Rose Hip Exfoliating Mask, much more moisturisering and softer too use (only can be purchased in New Zealand.

on 1/15/2006 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful product! Lightly and gently exfoliated my skin, leaving it soft and healthy-looking. I feel like it "polished away" the dullness! I've used many other exfoliating products, but this one is definitely the best. The scent is light and natural, but nonetheless it would be nice if they carried a non-scented version for those who are sensitive to it.

on 11/2/2005 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about 6 months now and absolutely love it. I use it twice a week in the shower. It's a great scrub that leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. I love the smell and the fact that it comes in a small tube so I can take it with me when travelling. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 10/26/2005 9:00:00 PM

This product is quite gentle and it actually lasts quite long (for me it last approx. 6 months). It gently exfoliates your skin and leaves it soft. I usually use it before I use the Masque Purete Express. The only downside is that the beads are quite hard to wash off, I usually use this scrub in the shower.

Popular Scrubs