Chanel Hydramax Oil-free Moisture Gel [DISCONTINUED]

on 11/13/2012 6:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

HG moisturizer for me, I have been using this on and off for years, but I always go back to it! Wish they offered it in a pump!

on 5/15/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this for my combination skin. It moisturizes my skin without leaving it feeling oily or heavy. I hate the price though!

on 8/9/2008 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I've used three jars of this...and though it hurts my wallet *sighs* I'll be buying this time and time again. I have really weird skin that is dry BUT also breaks out (you know those tiny bumps that aren't exactly acne), and this cream is the only one that a) doesn't cause a rash... my skin is rash-prone upon being slightly dry b) doesn't cause zits. It leaves my face fairly soft and it's not sticky or anything; only bad thing could be the scent which IS really strong despite their descriptions of it as being apricot-like and fruity (aka it smells like alcohol). Overall, it's a great basic moisturizer: it's light, fresh, easily absorbed, and does a FANTASTIC job of providing an oil and glop free drink of water to parched skin.

on 5/6/2008 1:12:00 AM

Moisturized my dry sensitive face for about two hours before I felt my face being tight again. The smell is also very overpowering and this gave me a headache. The MA said it had no added perfume and that's just what the active ingredients smelled like when I commented on the strong perfume in the shop. However, perfume is listed halfway down the list of ingredients!! I only used a sample and I won't be buying. The texture is nice and in summer it could be moisturizing enough when my skin is combination oily but for now when it's combination dry it's just not moisturizing enough, and that smell!!! I never smelled any product so overpowering. My brother smelled it on my face half an hour after I applied...and he was just passing by me in the corridor at home! It didn't cause any breakouts but my skin was definitely a bit irritated and more sensitive because of this cream. When I used other products which I'd used for months and months before without problem I felt some tingling and burning and I definitely know it's this cream that caused my skin to become more sensitive. Not recommended for sensitive skin!

on 7/18/2007 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hydramax got really good reviews so I thought I would try it. It did not work well for me. Yes, it moisturizes just fine but I definitely got clogged pores especially in my chin area. Hydramax was definitely the culprit because I wasn't using anything new or different. The smell is also too perfumey for me. I am really sensitive to smell and I didn't like it. So, I am using the rest of it to moisturize my legs and feet...still the smell bothers me. I can't wait to be done with this stuff.

on 4/4/2006 10:17:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

In Australia, this product is packaged under the name "Hydramax Gel Cream". I really love this cream - First thing first, it has great moisturizing properties. I only use the tiniest bit each day on my forehead, nose, cheeks, neck etc - and it's all I need to give my skin a quick moisture boost. I really do believe that the cream promotes the skin to naturally kickstart the moisturization process - as my skin doesn't feel "dry" anymore, but normal. Even after taking a really hot shower (which I shouldn't do!) my skin has no flakes at all, which is amazing! The texture of the cream is really gorgeous and lives up to its name of "gel cream" - it looks thick in the jar but it's actually very light and rubs into you skin so easily - and the fragrance is gorgeous too. Packaging - gets five lippies, comes with a little spatula so you can get the cream out of the lovely square glass jar. Price: EXPENSIVE at $94 Aus$ - but I've only had to use very little so far. *****The bottom line is that if you want moisturization, hydramax is the way to go - as it will definately live up to all its moisture claims and is worth getting 100% However, if you want something more from this cream, even toned skin, wrinkle reduction, spf, reduced pores... you won't find it here. I probably won't repurchase the cream but will buy the HYDRAMAX SERUM instead (because the moisturizing properties of hydramax is definately HG), AND I'll get another day cream to improve the appearance of my skin in ways that that the hydramax can't.

Alas, I was tricked into buying a bottle on my first Chanel makeup consultation. (Don't be gullible like I used to be--Read Paula Begoun's book before you go for a consultation!) Sadly, if you're buying this product, you're just paying for the perfume. Aside from the (gorgeous) scent, I can't think of anything that Hydramax actually did for my skin in the 1 year that I used it. Then again, I didn't experience any breakouts and didn't feel any residue on my skin after using it. Maybe normal/combo skin ladies had better results? One lippie off for the price. Another lippie off for its uselessness.

on 2/25/2003 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the best moisturizers I have used! It worked great on my very oily skin.... perfect balance of moisture and matteness. Nice cool feeling and refreshing light scent.

on 2/13/2003 6:21:00 AM

This is a nice, simple lotion suitable for oily skin types, or those living in humid, tropical conditions. It keeps me matte, and has a lovely refreshing cool texture. The fragrance is lovely, but it may be irritating for those who are ultra sensitive to such additives.

on 11/23/2002 7:03:00 PM

this product is wonderful¡ i have tested it by a sample and i love its smell, its texture, and it moisturiced and matifyied in a moment¡
great¡