Carmex EZ-ON APPLICATOR

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/17/2015 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is the squeeze tube version of the Carmex in the pot. I prefer this squeeze tube since the tingling is not as strong, I do not have to use my finger to apply, and the temporary relief lasts longer. A downside of the squeeze tube though is that it can unevenly dispense product (compared to the stick version which is my favorite of the Carmex products I've tried) and there will always be some product left in the tube unless you cut it open to decant the remainder into another container.

I really liked Carmex products for a while, however, I've since realized that Carmex doesn't really do much for my lips in the long term as the product just sits on top and the addictive tingling creates a vicious cycle of application. I've since moved onto other lip balms and won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My holy grail lip treatment. I have learned that just because of the bland packaging, does not make it a bad product! My lips are no longer chapped and are moisturized from this product and it's so much better and lasting than blistex or Smith's rosebud balm.

on 1/17/2015 5:11:00 PM

I love this product!! This is the only lip balm I have ever finished and will be repurchasing it again. It keeps my lips moisturized and I love the cooling sensation on the lips.

on 1/15/2015 9:28:00 AM

A must have item for me. I use this almost everynight at bedtime. I find it very effective to keep my lips soft and hydrated. I like to use this on top of my lipsticks, using it like a lipgloss so keep my lipsticks from drying my lips. Excellent product that is quite inexpensive. Listed as gluten free.

on 10/11/2014 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I resisted trying this old stand-by for years because I mistakenly thought it was just for use to avoid fever blisters and not a moisture balm. Saw it at the dollar store and what a wonderful surprise purchase it turned out to be. I find this actually superior to Lansinoh which I think is very effective. Yes, it does have the menthol and camphor fumes but they dissipate in about 30 minutes or less.

As an aside, this product is also available in a large 4oz. jar (minus the beeswax and with added vanillin) which is also good on the lips as well as elbows, cuticles, heels and knees. It can be used on the hands at night but it is difficult to evenly apply the small amount required. Again, the camphor odor dissipates quickly and leaves a faint vanilla scent. It is called Carmex Original Healing Ointment and I purchased it at Walgreens on a 2/1 sale.

on 10/11/2014 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like it but I like Blistex better. I also have "my favorite lip balm" by biglowe which I prefer over this but this is comparable and cheaper. It does give bit of a tingling sensation which some people may not like.

on 2/4/2014 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Absolutely love this product. Picked it up when I was in Taiwan, watsons was having a promotion of 1 for 1 which was so worth it. The smell & taste is just pleasant, not too strong. It lasts very long, great to use it as a before sleep lip balm & as a base before applying lipstick. Lips remains moisturized even product comes off. Works great!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff works wonders!!! I have recently rediscovered matte lipsticks and stains, and was getting so annoyed at the hard, flaky bits of skin where my inner lip and outer lip meet. I found myself biting away the dry skin which I knew was making it worse. But after using this, it took about 3 hours for the skin to become soft and supple! It was seriously that fast! I put more on before bed, and voila! Perfectly soft lips! All of this whilst only using this product for less than 12 hours! I think I have a keeper! I am in love! Smells different and tastes weird but I don't care! My lipstick looks amazing!!!!! Will update if I find any cons, but so far so good! Awesome actually!

on 11/9/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've used Carmex ever since I was a little girl, because it's what my parents used on me. It's cheap, effective, and lasting. On the coldest and windiest of days, I can always rely on this to keep my lips mosturized and healthy. Anytime my lips are seriously cracked and chapped, this heals them virtually overnight.

I also found this to be really great in temporarily healing and soothing eczema. I have really bad eczema on my arms, and one day they were really dry, ashy, and looked horrendous. I didn't have any lotion or cream on me, but I did have a tube of Carmex. I slathered some on so I wouldn't be embarassed of how dry and ashy my eczema patches looked. After a while, I noticed the itching stopped and the eczema cleared up and my arms looked normal again. I continued it until the eczema flare up was over. The Carmex lip balm healed better than the lotion version.

I love this product and have found many helpful uses for it. Unfortunately, it has a strong medicinal smell. But that fades and you'll get used to it.

on 10/4/2013 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My HG lip balm. I almost always have dryness/flaky/peeling lips. The thought of using a gloss/stain/lipstick without this just gives me anxiety. First, I love the squeeze tube packaging. My mother always used Carmex in the small pot - which I hated because I didn't like the concept of using your fingers to put lip products on/germs/etc. This was dirt cheap, and I can find this almost anywhere! I was hesitant to buy at first because it didn't have as many bells and whistles as your average medicated lip treatment/medicated balm. This is so simple and feels tingly when applied. I love wearing this before bed and then putting it on underneath lip stains to sheer out the color and keep moisture in my lips. I use this almost everyday and haven't had an issue with my lips drying out - although I do alternate between this and the Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick. My lips feel so smooth, healthy and moisturized whenever I use this. The smell is slightly medicinal and the consistency is reminiscent of Vaseline - but this stuff is amazing!!

Popular Lip Treatments