Maybelline The Nudes

3.6

Pigmentation. The pigmentation on these range from good to bad. The shimmery shades are pretty great, no problems there. The matte shades, however, leave much to be desired. If you donít mind building the color on your eyes, though, it may not bother you so much.

Consistency. I was amazed by how chalky and dry some of these shades were. If you look in the swatch, the darkest color wouldnít even swatch all the way down my arm, I had to dip my finger into the product a second time to get one smooth line.

Shades. The darkest and lightest shade in any palette is very important because it determines whether youíll need any additional shadows to create a full look. The darkest shadow in this palette is very chalky, as mentioned above. The lightest shadow, at least on me, looks very frosty. It kind of creeps me out. The mid-toned shades and shimmery shades are pretty awesome, though.

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com

on 4/24/2015 7:44:00 PM

I love these colors. I don't have the UD palettes, so I can't comment on the pigments compared to those, but these are good for the price. You can really do some great looks from natural daytime to smokey without missing a beat. Given the enormous price difference, I would definitely buy this again!!!

on 4/17/2015 11:34:00 PM

This is a great palette, especially for the price! You can achieve a light, daytime neutral eye, or a deep smokey eye. There are shimmery shades, as well as matte shades, and plenty of highlights and browns to choose from. I find the pigmentation to be quite good, and they blend smoothly, without fallout or creasing/fading. The pan sizes are nice and large, so it will last a very long time. I would def. recommend and re-buy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Maybelline and Rimel are my two favorite drug store brands for make-up. This palette is a great dupe for Urban Decay's first Naked palette. I don't think the shadows are as pigmented as Urban Decay, but with a good eye shadow primer I see no reason why they wouldn't last just as long. Great palette for the price. And I really like "the smokes" palette for a more vampy and smokey eye.

I also think the Fresh Face palette they have is a lot like my Naked 3 palette! Great color selection, cute compact, and I love the price!

on 3/15/2015 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am a total beginner at eyeshadow and this is my first palette but I am totally satisfied with this product. It gives me the looks I want and has all the colours I want. The colour pigmentation isn't that great and I have to put on a lot of layers but other than that its great!

on 3/10/2015 7:06:00 PM

I have only a few words to say about this product because I have only worn it for one day. i immediately liked it better than the Urban Decay Naked 2 that i have and rarely wear. I used 3 or 4 colors over the Hard Candy face primer. the colors went on really smoothly and look great. Somehow the Urban Decay is never right on me. it is too intense, too gritty, too everything. i also had the Naked 1 and didn't like it at all. The Maybelline shadows have worn well all day. no creasing. normally i find Maybelline shadows to be more "miss: than "hit", but this palette is great.

on 3/10/2015 1:06:00 AM

I know one day I needed some basic shades for some everyday looks. I walked into Ulta specifically for this one day because I saw it in stores all the time and it was the first thing that came to mind that I thought would work. When I got home, I was excited a bit, because it has a few matte shades and a few shimmers. It has a little guide on the back that shows you how to pair the shades up, either two shades, three, or using all four in it's little section. Its cute and user friendly. it's good for basics but I'm truthfully not very thrilled by it. The colors are not very pigmented, they fade quickly, and are a bit hard to apply because they are patchy for me. I use a primer and I've tried using a wet brush and its still just a bit of a dud for me. I mean, Its great for what I bought it for. Basics. That's it. But I'm not thrilled and I wont buy again. I'll probably try to pass it on one day to someone and maybe they will have some more luck with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I feel a mix of I like this palette but at the same time I don't. It's great for daytime use but I did not find a variety of good colors in this. There are two shades that look almost the same and others that just look muddy on my eyes. Yet I do like the bronzey shades and the few matte ones. I just feel that this palette is boring. Some colors are more pigmented than others. It's an ok, just good palette but not great.

on 2/20/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette has very mixed reviews for me. Part of me totally loves this palette but I just don't reach for it as much as I thought I would. I don't regret purchasing this because it's great size for travel and has a good balance of mattes and shimmers but the colors just aren't THAT pigmented and vibrant. They are a little chalky for my liking but I do enjoy this every so often. You get what you get for 11 dollars. Still love my Naked palettes and Too Faced Chocolate bars better.

this product is okay! it's not the best if you like really creamy, easy blend able eyeshadow (e.g urban decay) but it's still a good deal, wouldn't re purchase though

Popular Palettes