Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) -------------------- Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/15/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The last foundation I ever used was Revlon's Nearly Naked one, and that was over 2 years ago. Just so you know, I am NOT a foundation person at all. I mainly stuck with concealer and a light translucent powder because I broke out really bad using foundations, and my Mary Kay representative suggested that perhaps foundations weren't such a good idea for my sensitive skin.
Background of my skin: it's pretty much all skin types just all in one face, it's so weird. My skin has its normal days, and it's SUPER oily days, and those in between days (aka Combination) where my t-zone is just pumping oil like you wouldn't believe, making my pores look like craters on the moon. It's also SUPER MEGA SENSITIVE like you wouldn't believe, and lately, my skin has been dehydrated (which is WHY it's producing so much oil...ew) so there are dry patches on my skin and flakes on and around my nose and forehead.
Now that you have an idea of my skin, ON TO THE FOUNDATION.
I read a ton of reviews on here of how much people really loved this foundation, and I've watched reviews and demos on YouTube before I decided to invest in such a purchase. I was skeptical because, like I said before, I am not a foundation person. I got it in the shade Ivory. When I got home, I decided to try this stuff on just in case I hated it and then I could take it back. So I opened it and wow, it smells straight up like alcohol. I guess it's okay though because it will kill bacteria that enters the bottle, so I didn't mind that. Also, that dropper thing is so weird! It says to wait until it gives about 2 drops to put on a FULL FACE of foundation, but please, we all know that 2 drops isn't going to cover EVERYTHING. So I smeared some on the back of my hand and then applied with my fingers. This feels like velvet on the skin. It's so smooth! And the colour was a perfect match for me! I actually didn't need to blend it into my neck because my neck was the EXACT SAME COLOUR, which I thought was pretty freaking cool. It looks so natural too! I was amazed because foundations, on me anyway, give a fake and CAKEY look to my skin and around my nose which I'm not a fan of. This did cling to the dry patches around my nose, but This was still amazing! The coverage is probably like a medium to full coverage depending on how much you prefer to use, and no matter how much you put on, IT FEELS LIKE NOTHING ON THE SKIN. It's so light!!! I caught myself rubbing my face and then realizing that I was wearing foundation for the first time in forever. Also, it dries to like a powder like finish. So I didn't feel like setting it with a translucent powder straight away because it didn't look so dewy. It did sink into my crater pores a little bit, but nothing that a poreless primer can't fix. Now, throughout the day, I was impressed. It looked the same just as I applied it that morning. However, it sunk into my pores even more and my t-zone looked as greasy as the t-birds' hair, but oil absorbing sheets and an oil absorbing powder would do the trick to set it.
The packaging is okay, glass bottle makes it look a bit fancier and I'm kind of digging that. The price was okay. I paid $12.96 Canadian for this, but originally it's around $15.00 for this, the beauty of Walmart though. But I think it should be at least $10.00 because I really like this stuff.
Overall, AMAZING FOUNDATION. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. I will DEFINITELY repurchase this as long as I live because I love it so! I do HIGHLY recommend this for all skin types. For dry skin, it might be tricky, but as long as you exfoliate and have a good hydrating moisturizer, I don't think you'd have a major issue. Oily and combo skin will enjoy!! And sensitive skin, I don't know how sensitive your skin is but it is worth a try. So far I didn't break out or get a rash and my skin has been okay with it. If something happens I will update, but so far I don't think I need to.
Maybelline, PLEASE don't EVER discontinue this!! This foundation is amazing and I love it!! It's the first one I've ever been able to wear in a while that I've fallen in love with!!

on 5/1/2015 6:10:00 PM

I love to use this foundation as a sort of mixing foundation. I add it to either lotion or my primer to sheer it out some, and apply with either a brush or a dampened RT sponge. I love the way it looks on my skin, more glowy with lotion and more matte with primer. The lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) is a bit too yellow for me, but it's certainly not noticeable when it's sheered out.

Alone, I find it to be not near as good, as it clings to the dry patches on my combo skin while not putting up any resistance to the oily areas. As many have said, the packaging isn't their best idea. I would have loved a proper dropper instead, but I'm at least glad it isn't just an opening, as this is FAR too watery to simply pour.

on 5/1/2015 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been wanting a product like this. A light, barely there foundation. I kept putting it off because I didn't think they would have a shade light enough for me or it would be too pink but this is perfect. You can check my other foundation reviews but as far as Maybelline goes I use the lightest shade in both concealers (15 vs 10 in Fit Me).
This doesn't offer much coverage but for day to day, that's not something I really want. Blends well and is very quick to apply. No transfer that I've noticed. No breakouts. Before I was using only concealer and powder on most days (obviously not including all other eye, lip, cheek products) but I find myself reaching for this quite frequently.
The only thing I don't like is the applicator. I usually end up dripping it all over the place.

on 4/30/2015 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have fairly dry skin and are naturally rather fair but I tend to find that my shade (50 Creamy Natural) is just a little to dark and quite orange toned, since I have a neutral undertone its difficult for me to find my perfect shade but this foundation once I lighten it with some moisturizer works well as my everyday foundation;.

on 4/21/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm loving this foundation. It goes on soo easily and blends very well with a brush. I think it would suit anyone looking for light- medium/heavy coverage because you can build up your coverage without it looking cakey. You get a matte, but no flat finish. I get a pretty flawless finish with it every time! I have oily skin and this stays put pretty well throughout the day for me with my Hourglass primer. It's a great foundation, especially when you consider the price! I hear it's not the best for really dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! This foundation amazes me. It glides on really smoothly on my face and it's so lightweight. I love how it absorbs instantly and gives of overall matte finish.Price are absolutely reasonable for a good product as this. Love love this product!

I tried a sample size of this and it so happened to be my perfect shade!

I thought I'd hate this, I've never liked the idea of a water-like foundation and knew that this was really really liquidy.

I applied this using my fingers, which I'd never usually do but I was really really happy with the finish it gave me! This foundation is super blendable and extremely light weight but by no means a sheer cover - actually a pretty high coverage for this type of foundation!

The minute sample size was more than enough to cover my whole face and more! Lovely velvety finish, not entirely matte but you don't absolutely need a powder, I would be quite comfortable wearing this alone with no powder!

I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin, I have a few manageable dry spots on my forehead and if I hadn't have moisturised before hand this would have 100% stuck to those. So if you have bad dry skin, try before purchasing!

Other than that I'll be going to purchase the full size yay!

on 4/13/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Why did I wait so long to try this?! This is one of the best drugstore foundations I have come across! I found my perfect shade match in 50 Creamy Natural. First, I love the wand applicator. I just use it to dot the foundation on my face and then blend and buff in with my flat top foundation brush. Second, the formula is truly a dream. It is silky smooth and blends so well. It feels so light, like your wearing nothing at all, but yet it covers like a high end full coverage foundation. I mean it really covers scars, discoloration spots, and redness so well! Third, it has really decent lasting power. It is a thinner liquid foundation, but isn't sheer at all. It is hydrating on my combo skin-dry cheeks with oily t-zone. It isn't irritating at all nor does it cause excess oiliness. This has a semi matte/lightly dewy finish on my skin, which I absolutely love. I also find that it is hard to over apply this foundation. With some, it can start to look cakey, but you don't have to worry about that with this one. I don't have one bad thing to say about this! In love with it. Would definitely recommend and am going to repurchase! I do like several other things in their line, such as eye shadow palettes, Master concealer, Master Hi-light, eyeliners, e/s singles, tattoo e/s line. I will definitely be checking out more of their products in the future!

on 4/12/2015 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Half of me really likes this foundation - it's very lightweight, blends like a dream (I use my fingers!), and perhaps most important is that it looks VERY natural on your skin. I even touched my face and it felt like...nothing was on my skin. I only tried it once or twice so I can't comment on any breakouts but I certainly didn't have any immediate reactions.

The biggest problem for me is that it doesn't seem to have much lasting power on my oily/acne-prone skin. When I first apply it, it does look quite perfect and a thin layer is enough to blur any redness and create a nice even base. Unfortunately it just isn't a match for my oily skin. It starts to fade around my nose and it separates a bit due to the natural oils of my skin. The moral of the story is, it's not long-wearing (in fairness, it isn't advertised as that either).

It can cling to dry patches if you have them but a good primer/moisturizer prior to application should take care of that. Give it a try if you have normal or slightly combination skin! If it lasted longer for me, I would probably use it daily.

I might give it another shot if I ever stumble upon a good mattifying primer!

on 4/12/2015 7:12:00 PM

My no. 3 favorite foundation and my no.1 will be Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder foundation. My no. 2 will be Givenchy Teint couture long wear fluid foundation. I like the velvet feel foundation with satin finished. I need powder over this foundation. I have some flaws but not bad so the coverage is light to medium is good for me. It also last on me for 8 hours shift at work. I paid for $8.99 before tax at Target. By the way this out perform Nars All day luminouse foundation. Update 05/03/2015; I like this foundation even though it cheaper than all the foundation that I owned. The lasting power is the same with a lot of higher end brands that I owned. It just what work on your skin and good match or not. Will try the Fit Me matte and poreless also, but will buy this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials