DERMAdoctor DD Cream

3.0

on 4/13/2015 2:43:00 AM

I got this in an Ipsy bag a ways back. There's only one shade and it's fairly dark. It's supposed to color correct but it doesn't imo. I got quite a few comments on recent photos that I'm very tan but it's really this DD Cream which functions more like a self tanner imo. At least it has some spf and does hide my blemishes well. I have no bad reaction to it but it's greasy so I have to put powder all over my face then I'm good for the day. The powder lightens my complexion too. I like that it's a squeeze tube but a pump is always nicer imo. I wouldn't buy this though bc for how much it costs and how it performs I could find better. Most importantly in my correct shade.

on 12/22/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this from Sephora and hated it! Too dark, smells horrible, oily and looks absolutely horrible. Felt tacky and just wanted it off my face after a minute.

on 11/15/2014 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Meh. I bought this after viewing a demo by a salesperson in Ulta. I am not crazy about it. It has very poo/light coverage. It's alright when it comes to correcting my skin tone but it definitely doesn't live up to the hype. It also doesn't seem to last very long. Pretty disappointed.

on 10/9/2014 5:49:00 PM

I was debating between giving this 1 and 2 lippies, and decided on 1 because other than the SPF30, I could not think of a positive thing to say about this "DD cream." It is not self-adjusting at all. It comes in only 1 color, light-medium, and it is too dark for my skin. It is also very shiny and the shininess doesn't go away. I had to powder my entire face and I normally don't do that because my cheeks are very dry, but I looked greasy and didn't want to put blush on top of the grease.

Pros: natural color, has a lot of mineral and vitamins, color changes to your skin tone, light weight, looks amazing on, has spy 30 & photo well

Cons: sticky feeling that doesn't dry, really shimmery If out in the sun

It might be my skin type, but the dd cream didn't dry for me. Felt that sticky feeling after wearing it all day still, they told me it would go away after 20 mins, nope. So sad it didn't work for me. I have combo skin.

on 9/17/2014 1:33:00 AM

Love. Great primer and color is nice if I wanna wear alone in the summer.

Edit: Not really liking the color, wish it was translucent.

on 6/16/2014 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this! I have tried probably every BB cream and tinted moisturizer on the market; and I couldn't find any that I liked. I had been using L'oreal (magic skin beautifier) BB Cream mixed with Lumene anti-age CC cream. I was ok with that, but by the end of the day my skin looked splotchy. The Dermadoctor DD Cream, however, is AWESOME! It is easy to match your skin, since it only comes in one color. It goes on grey, then changes to your skin color. It gives your skin just enough sheen, without looking greasy. You will definitely need to use powder (perhaps mattifying powder) on too of the cream. Also it is best to give it a few minutes to dry before proceeding to the next step. Sometimes I use the hair dryer. When I see my skin in picture when wearing this cream, I just look good-my coloring looks tan (although I do not tan), without being overly tan or orange. It's just perfect, for me. This is one of my essentials, and will be for many, many years!