Dove Purely Pampering Pistachio Cream with Magnolia Body Wash

4.2

on 5/27/2015 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After getting a sample of this I KNEW I wanted the full size. I've tried other Dove soaps and body washes, but this is my favorite by far. The smell is like pistachio pudding, if you've ever had it, and a little more of the magnolia than the actual pistachio cream. But they compliment each other so well. Also, I love a body wash that lathers, sometimes I use this instead of my regular shaving cream, because it lathers so well. It does moisturize, but I have pretty dry skin right now, but this could also be because I just moved to a new area with higher elevation, but I still like to put a lotion on afterwards, but not nearly as much as I do without the body wash. The smell is light and amazing, it lasts, for me, about 2-3 hours on the skin. The packaging is wonderful, easy to grip. But next time I think I might try the barred soap, I tend to use those more than regular wash. But overall an amazing body wash if your skin is in need of some moisture.

on 5/10/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Smells divine, but doesn't remove the deodorant from my underarms. I need to feel clean. The bottle said said softer skin in one shower so the formula has been changed now its too greasy.

on 4/7/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells like an amazing dessert and the scent has longevity on my skin, however I don't smell Mongolia or pistachios. It is creamy and definitely more foodie than other Dove body washes. It leaves my skin clean and feeling soft. I don't get any breakouts from it and to me it's perfect for spring.

on 3/15/2015 2:14:00 AM

Love this body wash. Smells SO good. Soothing aroma and moisturizing to my skin. Scent does carry for a while so bonus, but not in an overpowering way. Got it on sale so no complaints. An easily affordable way to pamper yourself. Lathers up so nice. Creamy.

Only complaint: the top of the bottle is pointed so inverting it to get all you can out of the bottle is problematic. Felt like there was at least one maybe two uses I missed out on because of that.

Still, worth buying.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Saw this in the soap aisle, nearly all the other scents where picked over and there was about 15 of these scattered around. I picked it up and it smelled so unique compared to the other body washes, so I picked it up. I've had so many flowery and fruity soaps they all smell the same at this point. At home in the shower this smelled HEAVENLY. I am in love with the texture and scent. It glides across your skin, very creamy and rich. Only need a small amount because it lathers so well. I can't recommend this enough. Definitely hope they keep this scent around.

on 1/25/2015 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've always thought that the texture of Dove body washes are superior to others, even more high end ones, because it's so thick that you even have to add extra water after lathering it on (I think it is probably best suited to shower use, but I love baths). The fragrance of this one is like pistachio pudding, which I just love. It's rich, thick and fluffy and the scent lingers nicely on your skin after your bath or shower. It's my favorite in their line of body washes by far.

on 1/15/2015 11:19:00 AM

I could see myself going back to pick this up again. I'm using it in the dead of winter everyday and I don't have crocodile skin (which is a small miracle). I like the scent, and I am sensitive to quite a few fragrances and find them overpowering. I haven't noticed that this irritates my skin at all and I am prone to back and chest acne. I would be curious to see if that would change in the summer months.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product has always been great, It is a bath / shower cream and the packaging is pretty too !!!! £1.00 in Superdrug( Great Value ) Great purchase - Buy

on 1/4/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love Dove products but i'm not in love with the scent of this body wash. Like all Dove body washes the formula is very nourishing, but the scent is too nutty. I'm not a big fan of edible smelling body products. I probably won't be purchasing this Body wash again.

on 9/9/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The scent of this: smells nothing like magnolia and nothing like pistachio. I hate it while I am showering but it actually smells ok on my skin after I'm out of the shower.

It is very moisturizing so I appreciate that.

Dove needs to change their bottle designs across the board. The broad base with skinny top just doesn't work that well and many a bottle has slipped out of my hand, sounding like a grenade in the shower. Also hard to get the goo out as I use up the wash.

I give it fair marks because I still like the rosewood best and it seems to be discontinued.