Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 5/15/2015 9:18:00 PM

I had high hopes for this one. The foundation comes in a very small bottle (1fl oz) for $50.00+ US. It provides very light to medium coverage. If you want to build up to a heavier coverage, your bottle is going to run out really fast. The liquid turns to a "powder like" feel instantly upon application, so it's very difficult to work with. You have to start blending very fast. It attaches to dry spots. So unless your skin is almost flawless, I would stick with the original Perfection Lumiere.

on 5/7/2015 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have olive toned with with dark spots all over my cheeks from acne breakouts, so my scars are pretty obvious due to my dark skin. I explained to the mua that i wanted to cover my dark spots and that i do NOT like makeup that feels like a mask. So he recommended this with a concealer. Seriously, if you are wearing a concealer underneath this and one layer of this foundation that is all you need for medium coverage, one more coat will give full coverage in my opinion. It feels weightless and almost feels like i'm wearing nothing. It last a good 8 hours until it starts wearing off. The only downside to this is the price, it is way too expensive for me.

on 4/14/2015 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

honestly chanel's foundation color swatches are very different compare to all the makeup brands. All the chanel foundations has different finishes and different colors in the foundation collection. This lumiere velvet, has a smooth finish, its semi matte, i wish it was more matte, they formula last about 6-7 hours on your skin. the foundation has alot of fragrance, a 30ml 1oz bottle cost arounf $47 US dollars, for such a small amount, its not the worth the money. i just wish they made more colors like more in depth with the warms, cools, and natural.

on 4/13/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Eh. I liked Chanel's Mat Lumiere so was hoping this would be similar, but it wasn't as good. It has decent coverage for how lightweight it is, and it blends seamlessly into skin. You can adjust the coverage from light to medium by layering on more, and it doesn't get all cakey (Shiseido's foundation brush is perfect). Sadly, even with primer and powder this foundation doesn't hold up on my oily skin. Within about 2 hours I'm shiny. Also, I normally don't mind scented products but the fragrance in this is super strong and doesn't fade for an hour or two, so if you're not into scent you may want to skip this. This foundation is nice if I'm only wearing it for a short time, but for all-day wear this is a no-go for me. For shade reference, I'm somewhere between MAC NC15-20, EL Double Wear 1W1 (Bone), Bobbi Brown Warm Ivory and I wear 10 Beige in this.

on 3/22/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

UGH!!! Where to begin?! First off, I truly do love Chanel make-up. However, I hate their foundations. They need to get rid of the fragrance. This broke me out so horribly. I only used it twice and returned it to Neiman's quickly. I have oily skin, so I thought this would be fun to try. It made my skin look unnatural, and I barely used any. I started noticing little bumps at the end of the day when I'd wash it off. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it. Same thing the next day. I started to form deep cystic acne on my chin and cheeks. I realized that it had to be foundation, as nothing else in my routine changed. The fragrance in Chanel's foundation is what did it. If you aren't sensitive, this may work, but I wouldn't risk it if you are prone to break outs. I wanted to love this... Went back to my NARS all day luminous foundation.

on 3/6/2015 3:24:00 PM

This is by far one of the worst foundations I have ever tried (and I have tried a lot). After visiting the counter and explaining that I have quite dry and sensitive this was recommended. After the classic beauty counter impulse buy I bought it - and after a few wears really regretted it. The formula was incredibly drying and emphasised all of my dry patches. If you are a teenager with perfect skin (and a generous allowance) this may be the foundation for you but I hated it.

on 3/2/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was good but not great. Not worth the price tag considering there are so many other less expensive foundations that do the same thing or better.

My absolute new HG. I have extreme combination skin with a very oily t-zone and dry, normal cheeks. When I finished up my entire bottle of Vitalumiere Aqua and YSL touche eclat, I decided that I would want to go for something a little bit more long lasting, something that is as glowy but being toned down a bit, and I found this.

It blends like a dream. It retains tue wonderful blendability like VA as well as how lightweight and natural it is. It is more matte when conpared to VA, but does not make my skin look flat. It is like naturally glowy, but not as glowy as VA. For me Velvet makes the look more polished and more importantly it lasts longer on me I only need to touch up once during the day. It has a decent medium coverage which is perfect for me. I received so many compliments on my skin!

The downside would be the limited shades. But B10 matches me perfectly in winter so it is alright. Another downside is the scent-it is a weird fruity scent and I dont like it, I definitely think that VA smells better. However the scent doesnt stay long like Makeup forever face & body, so I am not offended.

Edit:
Used it in a formal and it somehow looked a little bit ashy in flashes. Not sure if it's because of the slightly too pale shade for my skin at the moment, but this didn't happen when I was using vitalumiere aqua. Four lippies.

on 2/21/2015 11:13:00 AM

I'm in a love/hate relationship with this foundation. First of all, I love the little black packaging, it is adorable! I like its powdery and at the same time water-based formula, it applies so nicely and it gives a nice luminousity to my face expect my T zone, but however, my T-zone doesn't love this Chanel baby. Unfortunatelly, it looks scrathy and after couple of hours, my T-zone becomes a horror movie scene :( I don't regret buying it, but I don't think that I'll be repurchasing this.

on 2/13/2015 5:07:00 AM

It is so so similar to Vitalumiere Aqua. For me, the difference is too small to justify owning both. I have mixed skin, with an oily T-zone and I though I would like this more than the Vitalumiere Aqua since it is more geared towards my type of skin. BUT although it does give a more matte / velvety finish, I do prefere the luminosity of Vitalumiere Aqua.