Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade - Dark Brown

4.3

on 5/24/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is a great product and worth all the hype. The product is hard to get use to, it takes a lot of practice and you only need a tiny amount of product. I love using it to create some shape and define the tail of my brow especially.

on 5/21/2015 9:52:00 PM

Love this product!!!!
Can last all day without looking greasy or smudging unlike other gel brow products.
I love that it turns kind of powdery after being applied. Helps me achieve the perfect brow!

The only con is that it dries extremely fast, I like to apply it to my whole brow then blend it, making the inner part of my brows lighter, I struggle to do this perfectly sometimes due to it setting so fast!

on 5/20/2015 3:16:00 AM

I love this product, I will never use any other product on my brows, best product for creating the faded brow look. Can't say anything bad about this product.

on 5/6/2015 9:34:00 PM

This stuff is magic. Lol. I started using it after my friend did my makeup and used this for my eyebrows. She used the dark brown, which I thought was just a liiiittle too dark but I went ahead and bought it anyway because I have pretty dark hair and eyebrows so I thought anything lighter would look weird on me. When I bought it and started applying it myself I found that if I just use it lightly, it doesn't come out as dark. Once I got the hang of using it (I was using pencils before) i loooooveeeddd it. I'd probably never go back to using pencils. Seriously. This s*** is bomb. Buuuut after having it for about 3-4 months, it started to dry out and get kinda clumpy. Note that I still had a generous amount left. I continued to use it for about another month (because I just didn't feel like making the trip to the city to go to sephora, lol) until it got to the point where it was so clumpy and gross that I couldn't even work with it. Soooo I made the trip to the city and when I got to sephora the girl helping me suggested I try the medium brown instead of the dark when I told her about having to apply it lightly in order to not be so dark. So I got the medium. When I went to use it I had to recheck the label. It was darker than the dark brown! I used it anyway since I was not about to go baaaack to the city but again I had to apply it suuuper lightly. Liiike, SUPER F***ING light. I had this one for about 4 months until it got clumpy and then I gladly replaced it with the dark brown once again :) But yeah overall it's a great product I just had some trouble with the colors LOL. Seriously though why is the medium brown darker than the dark brown?! Ugh.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After reading all the great reviews on this I was disappointed that I didn't end up liking it. I got a sample of this from Sephora after being a long time user of my trustee elf eyebrow kit, and I must say I'm not that impressed. I do like how creamy the formula is, but other than that I can't say that I see a huge difference between this and my elf kit. I've also tried the kit from NYC and both get my brows more natural looking (yet also flawless) than this. I am not new to the world of eyebrows; I am known among friends, family and strangers for being an eyebrow connoisseur, and I am not convinced this is anywhere near worth $25.

If you're thinking about buying this make sure you get a sample first.

on 4/24/2015 5:19:00 PM

I finally indulged in this... didn't really need it, but I sure did want it! Although it's not too expensive, it is on the pricier side as drugstores seem to be coming out with brow products left and right. Unfortunately for me, drugstores DON'T make black/DEEP brown brow gels/pomades (only pencils, and not even the retractable kind!!!!). Why...? Not everyone is blonde or medium brunette, you know! But anyway, back to the review...

COLOR: I bought this at Sephora with a surprising 10% off (I didn't even know there was a sale going on), and purchased it in EBONY. Being mixed with asian descent, my hair is dark dark brown - not black - but when I spend time in the sun, it almost gets a golden-brown orangey hue. When I asked the lady at Sephora which color to select, she encouraged me to buy Chocolate or Dark Brown. However, although my hair does have some brown tones, I certainly know that my brows don't, which is why I ignored her recommendations (glad I did). EBONY is perfect for my black-sometimes-brown hair, and any other brown would be way too orange/brown for me. Some complain that the color turns grey and I have not noticed this. Perhaps you are applying too heavy..? and personally, grey would suit my hair anyway hah!
TLDR; I adore this color as I previously purchased the brow wiz in Ebony, equally as amazing.

APPLICATION: I apply this with a light hand because my brows are sparse and I'm not trying to look like I drew them on. I believe that this is the downfall for so many ladies who want that heavy, dramatic brow and arch that looks amazing in pictures (especially on celebrities) but.. not so much in person. IF you apply this with an angled brow or liner brush, you should be able to create a perfect, natural brow with light application. The first time I applied the pomade, it was WAY too dark and I freaked out and washed it all off, but I learned 1) dip brush in softly 2) apply in small, soft strokes to emulate hairs.

STORAGE/LASTING POWER: My brows look the same as when I first applied them after 12 hours, and I don't even apply that much! x10 better lasting powder than brow powders (for me, because I have dry skin) and I don't set this (perhaps I should?). This could potentially last me 3 years with the amount that I need, however, being an former avid gel liner junky, I know that these stupid glass pots dry out no matter the formula. I store mine upside down and always make sure to close it after dipping my brush.
***I WILL update MUA if I find that it dries out (or doesn't) within a few months (I'll be PISSED if it does, and I'll be sure to let you know exactly how pissed!) ... TO BE CONTINUED :)***

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I honestly adored this product when I first bought it. It was phenomenal. I was very sparse and the product did me proud. You have to be very careful to dip the brush in it and wipe some off because it is extremely pigmented and you dont want sharpie brows.
its been about 4 months now and the first thing I've noticed is that my pot has gone very dry. Now I dont need to wipe off my brush at all and I actually have to really scrape at it to pack it on. The staying power has also been reduced incredibly. After about 5 hours this product is all over the place (mind you I actually have thicker brows now and less sparseness- go figure) Im actually considering not repurchasing this again. I have tried to apply it before my foundation too, just to see if the foundation was the smearing culprit. Same result. I even tried to set my brows with powder. Again, same result. i hate when a product seems holy grail in the first month or so, and then in the next month they completely lose their functions. Its so conniving and deceiving of companies to do this.

on 3/30/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i use this every single day on my eyebrows and i absolutely adore it. it's definitely waterproof and lasts a very long time. the formula is very creamy and pigmented, only issue i have with it is the container it's in - there is a LOT of product in there, which is definitely a good thing, but it gets dry over time. definitely not to the point of being unusable, but it ends up being slightly less creamy than how it started.

on 3/27/2015 5:02:00 AM

This is my favorite brow product out there!
The reason why i prefer this over my Anastasia brow wiz is because of the longevity. I don't have to touch up dousing the day!

First time i used it i thought it was way to harsh. So a tip is use a super thin angled brush with a really small amount of product on. Then draw small hairlike strokes to get a natural looking brow.
I would say that the price is quite high but its all worth it! This product last forever because you need such a small amount.
And the packaging is lovely.

Love it, defiantly worth a try.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Like everyone else Iíve was sucked into the hype of this product, lucky for me I love it! I live in Australia and bought this from beauty bag which costs me less than 20 bucks Ė so cheap! The shade I bought was taupe, I have blonde hair which is platinum with ash blonde and this is a perfect fit for me. This product is really easy to use, gives your brows a beautiful polished look that stays all day. A little goes a long way with this product, literally tap your brush on top and that will be enough to work with, people who find it hard to use are more than likely using too much. Tap then go back for more as you need and brush with your spooly as you go. While this product claims to set your brows in place I still use a brow gel as I donít really think it sets them. I also recommend using an angled brush designed for brows as it will make your life much easier. I would highly recommend this product, even if youíre after a natural look you can still achieve it using the pomade.

Pro:
Easy to use
Price Ė good value for money
Many shades
Highly pigmented
Lovely packaging

Cons:
None that I can think of

Popular Brows Products