Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Silicone Liner Brush

3.7

on 3/28/2015 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG I can't believe how this amazing brush has such a low score! I have been using liquid eyeliners since I started experimenting with makeup and recently I switched for gel liners because they give more product at a lower price (I am currently loving Rimmel's Scandaleyes gel eye liner). I have been applying gel liners with my classic angled brushes I got from Mac and Coastal Scents which I bought twice because sometimes I get a little lazy and don't wash them as often as needed ( I know it's not the most hygienic thing to do by I get sooo bored from time to time).

I was experiencing all that fuss until I came across this brush which proved to be a time (and life) saver. None of the brushes I used before could draw such a pointy wing and with such precision. The tip is firm but flexible so it's soo easy to handle and make small corrections if needed. PLUS it grabs the amount of product I need to apply each time so it really saves you the amount of product that attaches on bristles and stays there until you are in the mood for washing off all those little clumps that are created by regular use.

Cleaning this silicon brush is the best part and what makes it sooo good and worth buying. I just add a drop of olive oil on a cottom pad, wrap it around the tip end, swirl in once and in less than 30sec the brush is ready to be used again!! I wash it with soap and just like magic it's as good as new!! It's a keeper!! <3333

on 2/14/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I actually really like this eyeliner brush. I think that to make it work, though, you have to think about it for a few minutes before you apply. I've seen a lot of reviews complaining that it does not pick up enough product, it skips, etc., but you sort of have to realize that of course it's not going to pick up a lot of product - it doesn't have individual bristles to store whatever pigment you are using on. One single silicone surface is obviously going to pick up less than many individual hairs bunched together.

What this is meant to do is give you a stiff, thin nib with which to apply liner. Just accept that you are going to have to dip it back in the liner a few times to coat it again (also, most people apply gel liner in small strokes anyway, so this probably isn't too different from your technique). I have found that this is really easy to use with gel liner (I use NYX) - I love that it remains stiff and that there aren't any bristles to spread out and go rogue when you're trying to do a straight line. It creates a clean, straight line on my lid, and is easy to control when filling in a cat eye. Plus, it's super cheap. If you're frustrated with bristled brushes for applying eyeliner, I highly recommend this.

on 1/22/2015 4:39:00 PM

This brush was a waste of $6, if I would have seen it in person I would not have purchased it. I can't get a decent line out of it, it skips too much.

on 1/22/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I saw this brush and bought it because it looked unique. I tried is with my MAC fluidline. The best way to get a good clean application is to load up the brush with product and apply, otherwise is not enough product is on the silicone tip it will skip and will have to overlay to get the line clean. I tried various time but this brush seems to require more product that in the end goes to waste because not all product is applied. I will stick with traditional bristle brush to apply gel liner.

on 1/12/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is definitely the best eye liner "brush" that I have used so far but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect brush. I find that it doesn't apply the liner evenly enough. I like that there are no bristles to go out of place and it has worked the best for me so far but still not 100% so the hunt continues.

on 12/19/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm calling shenanigans on Real Techniques' claim in the product description: "This brush is the ultimate tool for smooth, precise application of liquid or cream eyeliner."

It does okay with gel liner, but nothing to write home about. On the other hand, it's near useless with liquid liner. I like using an eyeliner sealant mixed with eyeshadow to create liquid liner, and this brush is so difficult to work with. Instead of placing down product and leaving it there, it pushes the product all around my lash line, never really depositing any color except stray marks here and there.

A silicone liner brush seemed really innovative and I had high hopes for it, but unfortunately this was a disappointment.

on 12/11/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

To me, this is the ultimate lash manipulator tool. Stiff enough to move and separate eyelashes after mascara application yet not sharp and will not scratch skin or pull lashes. It also cleans very nicely, just wipe it. Great item. Highly recommend! Would buy again! Have used it as an eyeliner "brush" but I prefer it for my lashes.

on 9/16/2014 4:29:00 PM

This was such a disappointment. I thought this would be perfect to apply gel liner like a pencil for tight lining...it just doesn't cut it. It doesn't pick up product evenly or deposit it smoothly. The point is too flexible to work like a pencil. If you are just lining your upper lid above the lash line...this is ok, but no better than the SK Bent Liner Brush. It just wasn't ideal for tight lining.

on 8/17/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I hated this brush. I realized it was a silicone brush before I purchased it from Ulta and figured I would try it out since I was looking for a thin non-angled eyeliner brush and this was the only available for a reasonable price. I use it with Mac Fluid gel liner and It just didn't glide on my eyelid well. The product would gather on the tip of the "brush" and would not evenly distribute the line across my lid. I had to keep putting the brush back in the pot. Other reviews have mentioned it takes some time to get used to but honestly, I've been using gel liner for years and don't have time or money to waste trying to get used to use a silicone brush. Maybe the silicone just doesn't work well with the fluid line formula I don't know but back to the store it goes.

on 8/15/2014 1:16:00 AM

This makes applying your eyeliner an easy task

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products