Estee Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal EyeLiner - Blackened Cocoa

1.9

on 5/16/2015 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Got this in 01 Blackened Black in a gift set given with a purchase over AUD$75 - have to say I am not impressed.
I applied it to my upper waterline. It initially went on really well - glided on smoothly with great pigmentation - but after leaving the house and meeting up with my friends (perhaps an hour later?) they nudged me and pointed out that I had serious panda eyes going on.
Checked myself in a mirror and yep - panda eyes to the max. I don't ever touch my eyes when I have makeup on, as I generally expect things to smudge if I do touch them, so the fact that it had smudged so badly with only the blinking of my eyes is pretty sad. I did try to wipe off the smudges once I noticed, hoping that it was just due to the eyeliner not... setting properly (does pencil eyeliner even set?) but about an hour later I checked a mirror and there it was again. Big ugly black smudges underneath my eyes.
Definitely never repurchasing it: $38 Australian dollars is way too much to be paying for a product of this quality. Actually, any amount of money is too much for something as bad as this.

on 4/21/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I received this in Blackened Black in the holiday 2014 Color Portfolio palette. I like using this on my top lash line, it looks very smooth and rich and very black. I have to agree with everyone else about using this on the bottom lash line, however. It will smudge and smear right away. I will keep using it for my top lash line when I don't want to do a winged look with liquid eyeliner, but will not repurchase when I run out because I can easily find a better product for a lower price.

on 3/2/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I used this for the first time today and I really wish I hadn't. Initially when I applied the product I was impressed. It is creamy, smooth and beautifully pigmented, and accentuated my eyes nicely. However, it seems that this eyeliner smears at the smallest touch, leaving me walking around with ridiculous panda eyes for hours before I noticed. When I finally got a look at myself in the mirror I was so horribly embarrassed. I do usually have a little bit of smearing with my regular liner (Revlon Color stay) as I sometimes rub my eyes - although that is nothing compared to this. As an added smack in the face it is an absolute bitch to get off, even with eye makeup remover. Thumbs down from me. Save your money and invest in another eyeliner.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

No staying power! It smears within 30 minutes. I got two samples as a gift with a purchase. I would never, ever buy these pencils. I could get better liner at the 99 Store.

on 9/12/2014 9:44:00 PM

01 Blackened Black. I think the packaging (pencil itself) is classy, beautiful. Not horribly expensive. I love that it is VERY soft, so I don`t even feel it when I apply it on my waterline. But yes, it doesn`t stay on too long. For me, it stayed on several hours though, but I was at a movie shoot and they also applied black eyeliner on the top lid, and this pencil on my waterline and under the lashes, so stayed on several hours but what would it do completely alone, I have to update on that. I think go to the EL counter, put it on, and walk around and see. Worth a try...

I must be the only person that likes these eye pencils! I have them in Blackened Sapphire - a beautiful blue, darker than Royal blue but not quite as dark as navy and stunning with brown eyes - as well as Blackened Cocoa - dark brown and Blackened ... well, Black - plain old black. They are the perfect consistency for the lid AND the waterline and on me stay put and don't smudge. They hardly ever need sharpening so the high price seems a bit more reasonable to me. I have some gorgeous-looking Mally eye pencils that are expensive, as soft as hell, forever need sharpening and I lose loads in the process. I know which ones I prefer.

I got this in a set and decided to give it a try. I have it in 01 blackened black and hate it. I wear liquid eyeliner in a casual wing and put pencil on my bottom waterline (I do not like the look of liquid on the bottom of the eye.) However, whenever I attempt to wear this pencil, within the first two hours I look like a panda because it slides off under my eye, ruining my look. :(

this eyeliner is horrble. If you loves the panda look, go and get it. Otherwise save your money! A 2 dollar kajal from the drugstore would definitely work better than this!

on 1/28/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Save your money and do not buy this product. I had thought that price = quality, but that does not apply here. The pencil is $22 and the required sharpener is an extra $8 (why my "Packaging" rating is so low - because the packaging does not include everything).

Less than an hour after applying a thin line to my upper eyelid, the color smears down below my eye every time. I do have oily eyelids, but there are other (cheaper) eyeliner pencils that smear much less on me. So if you have very dry eyelids and never have any problem with your eyeliner smearing, maybe this product will work for you. Maybe.