Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Alcohol Denat, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, PVP, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Methyl Perflouroisobutyl Ether, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Caprylyl Gylcol, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbandensis Leaf Extract, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, N,2,3-Trimethyl-2-Isopropyl Butamide, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Fragrance, Poloxamer 407, Menthyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer.

on 5/18/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only setting spray I've ever used and bought. But I am loving it! No-regrets purchase!!

I have a setting powder to set my liquid foundation, the Chill spray finishes everything off (with 5 spritz). Makes my face look wet for one second, then my face becomes the same as BEFORE the spray (yay!)

No extra oiliness all day, that's important. The spray doesn't prevent oiliness, it's my own makeup and skincare routine that prevents the oiliness. The spray doesn't make it worse and it doesn't contribute to oiliness.

Makeup lasts up to 18 hours with the spray. Without the spray, my makeup lasts 8 hours. The bottle is $36CAD and it lasts me a year!

on 4/28/2015 5:36:00 PM

This changed my life. I have very dry skin, and this made my foundation look dewy and fresh, even on my worst of problem areas where foundation normally flakes off due to dry patches.

I used this for the first time to a bachelorette party. I did my makeup around 4pm. I had a bit too much fun and ended up going to sleep with my makeup on. When I woke up the next morning, my foundation literally had not budged.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

this stuff is amazing. I regret not buying it sooner. I spray 4-5 times to set my foundation and to keep my face hydrated.

I have very dry skin, so I feel like this helps give a little bit of glisten to my skin compared to very dull looking skin.

I feel like it has around 8-10 hrs of staying power where your make-up will not budge.
plus this totally takes away that powdery/cakey look if you plan to set your foundation with a powder.

I would say though, trying both this and all-nighter- this will give you a glisten if you're dry, so for oily-skinned girls maybe try the all-nighter! That stuff will keep you a lot more matte.

on 4/19/2015 8:07:00 PM

I used to struggle with oily skin and lately my skin has been extremely dry I decided to pick this up based off Jaclyn hills recommendations and it completes my makeup! No cake face and so hydrating.

on 1/23/2015 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Ive used banana powder in the past. But this actually makes it look so much more natural. I go to ulta and get the trial size not the big size so its not as expensive

on 11/4/2014 3:14:00 PM

Sadly, my hunt for a perfect finishing spray continues as, despite the hype, this one didn't do it for me. Even spraying a good distance away from my face, it causes to settle quite blotchy and can cause my mascara to run almost immediately. It is cooling, it doesn't smell, the packaging is average - not ugly nor nice, but I don't see any real point in this item. I may as well be spraying water onto my face. I am so disappointed as my friend swears by it! But it does nothing for me. I applied today for example, at 8am and by 1pm, I could see very clear fine lines on my forehead which seem to appear deeper when using this product than without. I'll keep using it to see if it takes some learning and technique to get the desired effect but I doubt it and don't hold much stock in it. I won't repurchase or recommend to a friend!

on 9/19/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I am so glad this setting spray exists. I was sleeping over a friend's house and didn't plan on taking off my makeup. Well, at around 3:30 PM, I put on my makeup (primer, liquid foundation, cream blush, liquid highlighter, mascara, liquid eyeliner), and the next day at 8:30 PM everything was still in place! That's over 29 hours and it probably could have lasted even longer, but I had to take off my makeup sometime, haha. The staying power of my makeup could have been amplified by the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer I was wearing underneath, but honestly, life is so much easier with this setting spray. I highly recommend this if you don't want to be worrying about checking/retouching your face every couple of hours. Somehow it also makes my foundation look less cake-y, so I spray it on if I'm in a rush and didn't have time to sheer the foundation out beforehand. Plus, it has never been drying nor has it ever broken me out. I really have nothing bad to say about this product!

on 8/27/2014 12:23:00 AM

I love Urban Decays setting sprays they all do the job pretty well in my book. So far out of All Nighter and De Slick, Chill is my absolute favorite! My skin is combo so I'm oily right now with Summer and this spray has not let me down once. Also unlike the other ones this particular kind does not feel like hair spray on my face. That is important because I do not use a lot at all but sometimes the others were too drying. For me Chill is perfect for my combo skin. I love how this one doesn't leave a super shine on your face either. Always after I spray once dry if there's a little shine that doesn't look "dewy" then I add a touch of Macs care blend or MSF powder.

With that my makeup lasts all night literally till the next day! This even worked when I went dancing all night. That was what sold me besides it not breaking me out or drying me out. I use this twice if I'm going out all night once over foundation then finally to set. Normally I just use it once and I always do the T and it's very light and actually feels fine on my skin.

It's also good to use to finish when I have a little too much powder on. It cuts it and just makes my skin look great. I'm an UD lover so I'm partial but in all honesty if you have combination skin, check this out. It's really that good so for me I'm sticking with Chill second would be All Nighter. Great product and now I couldn't imagine doing my makeup and not finishing with this. Recommended:)

on 8/17/2014 7:13:00 AM

The first setting spray I tried was NYX Matte setting spray. I didn't like it at all and found that it did absolutely nothing for my makeup, so decided to try the more expensive UD Chill spray. The first time I used it, my face was sunburnt and very dry despite slathering on layers of moisturiser, and my makeup stuck to my dry flaky skin. Fortunately, after a few sprays of UD Chill spray, this problem was fixed! It made my face appear and feel more moisturised, so I was very impressed. I work as a waitress in a restaurant, so I work long shifts and a lot of time I am in the steamy, clammy kitchen, and I am very pleased to say that after using UD Chill spray to set my makeup, my makeup seemed much more vibrant and fresh at the end of the day, especially my blush and bronzer, which before just sort of disappeared as the day went by. I also found that I didn't have to blot my face (around my nose where my skin gets oily) as much when I had used UD Chill. All in all, I'm pretty impressed with this product and will probably buy it again when I run out :)

on 8/5/2014 12:15:00 PM

I have all 3 UD setting sprays (Chill, All Nighter, De Slick). I have to say I'm not wow'd by any, and probably the least by Chill. The description made it sound very appealing but it just doesn't seem to do anything. In contrast, All Night gives me a bit more dewi-ness to my skin, and De Slick I keep in my purse for when I"m out and it's hot and humid and I feel like it does cool my face off a bit. You would think Chill would fit the bill better there but not in my experience.

I can't really accurately give an estimate on making makeup last longer though, as I always finish with either Guerlain or Houglass powders. One thing I have learned is that with all 3 UD setting sprays, you need to spray after each layer. IE, Foundation, Spray, Concealer, Spray Blush, Bronzer, Eyeshadow, Spray, etc. At the VERY least you need to spray it directly after your foundation and not simply once on top of everything you have on.