Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm

3.9

• Petrolatum, Shea Butter, Palm Tree Butter, Essential Fatty Acids complex and Honey Extract • Petrolatum and Arnica Flower Oil • Vitamins A & E • Menthol and Menthol lactate • Cardiospermum Halicacabum

on 5/6/2015 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this review is for Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant - the one that comes in a small tin. this was an impulse buy at the duty free counter and cost about AUD10. has the typical eight hour cream smell and definitely a lovely texture, but doesn't have the lasting power of good old Lucas paw paw ointment. to top things off the screw top tin this came in is impossible to open. mine got cross-threaded and even brute strength (hubby) couldn't get it undone, so it's probably going to have to go in the bin (unless I take to it with a can opener). based on that I won't be buying again.

on 4/6/2015 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i saw and read loads of hype about this product on YouTube and blogs and when i noticed my mum had it i leapt at the opportunity to see if it was really worth the hype (plus it was winter and i had dry lips)
i apply this everyday when i wake up, before applying my makeup, and before going to bed, after i have used a lip scrub to get rid of all the dead skin (which can no longer be fixed)
pros-
really moisturizes your lips
protects my lips
makes my lips look healthy and feel soft
it lasts a long time

cons-
it's quite expensive
it's really annoying that its in a little tub, that made out of glass, because every time i want to use it i have to stick my finger in it and am left with this sticky finger for a while until i can get to a washroom to clean my hands.

on 3/9/2015 3:20:00 AM

In all honesty this products was a bit meh. The packaging is nice and it feels like a nice nourishing lip balm when first applied but i honestly don't feel like it does anything, my lips are no better or worse after using this product. I suppose it must lock in moisture as it claims as my lips are never more chapped after using this balm but i don't feel like it helps heal any chapping or dryness either. Will try something else next time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This review is for the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Nourishing Lip Balm spf 15.
I find this product is helping to hydrate my lips, which currently is peeling. I have tried piles of lip balms (Kiehl, Nivea, etc), and I was OK happy with the Caudalie one. But this managed to be better than Caudalie.
I strongly recommend it.

on 5/23/2014 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an incredible lip balm, but the price is absolutely ridiculous. If it was even between 10 and 15 I could maybe think about a sneaky splurge but for over 20 I'll be sticking to my carmex.

On the plus side, it does last FOR AGES. You only need a very tiny amount at night to wake up with your lips looking plumped and not a crack in sight (it apparently works wonders for coldsores but I don't have any experience with this). When you first put it on, it's very tingly so you really feel likes it's working, and it sits quite thick on the lips - this is definitely a repair, not an everyday balm. When I use it at night, I notice that I only need to apply carmex once during the day instead of the usual 3 or 4 times - so it's helping my other products to last longer too.

It also intensifies your natural lip colour - my lips are relatively nude but when I put this on, I hardly need lipstick because my lips turn a lovely deep pinky-nude, almost like MAC's Viva Glam lipstick. It comes with that 8-Hour smell we all know and love as well.

If you have the cash to spend, this is definitely a great buy. You get so much for your money that it is ALMOST worth it - on a waitress's salary however, I'll be hanging round the counter hoping for testers

on 5/21/2014 6:20:00 PM

This review is for the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Nourishing Lip Balm with sunscreen. I got this lip balm in a set with a couple of other items and after being told about the raves reviews of the Eight Hour Cream, I couldn't wait to try it. I'll be honest I've tried a fair few different lip balms and this is NOT one of the better ones. the product itself is nice, thick and creamy with almost NO smell. It's not to sticky on either and sinks into your lips beautifully. I even like the packaging its solid in your hand and quality plastic so it's sturdy. My issue is that the product actually dries my lips out and they don't feel softer or nourished. I find that I have to continually apply the product to keep my lips from drying out. Considering the price of this item and what it's supposed to do it's a fail. I won't repurchase.

on 1/16/2014 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this balm the only downside is that it comes in a tub and you have to stick your fingers in it.
Really helped my dry chapped lips.

on 1/12/2014 5:50:00 AM

This is a must-buy for those who regularly wear lipstick and suffer from constantly dry and chapped lips as a result. I apply it at night and wake up with the softest lips ever. I also use it as a lip conditioner/primer in the first step of my makeup routine and it really makes the lipstick glide on so much more smoothly. I also love the minty feeling it leaves on my lips. It's pricey for a small jar, but it does last a long time so I reckon it's a worthy investment.

Popular Lip Treatments