Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Contour Kit

3.6

on 5/28/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I must say it does have good pigmentation,

on 5/28/2015 12:57:00 PM

I know I have tons of shadows and highlighters and bronzers that I can contour with, BUT I was in the market for a palette. Looked and read reviews to pick the one that I wanted to try, choose this one. I do have a warm skin tone which was one of the factors. I Love these colors, the cheek contour is warm but not orange, goes perfectly with my skin tone, the contour for my nose -- not too gray, perfect.

I was concerned with other reviews that the colors were not pigmented enough, not soo -- perfect, and can be built up. I don't need to do that there is enough color for me to use on the first swish of the brush, the yellow highlighter I thought didn't show up enough until I saw my whole face when I was finished, it was perfect, if I need to highlight more (for some fancy make up ) I have plenty other products I can use them for... Was the perfect purchase for me....

on 5/28/2015 11:33:00 AM

for all the hype, i wasn't impressed. I reach for my NYX pro highlight and contour kit more than this.

on 5/19/2015 11:31:00 PM

I purchased the cream contour kit from Macy's and I'm so unhappy with it. It's super cakey and visible on my skin, doesn't blend well, and wears off after a few short hours. Doesn't live up to the hype at all, overall I'm unimpressed and do not recommend this product!

on 5/15/2015 7:49:00 PM

meeeh not impressed. There was so much hype and it was just ok. But for the price not great. The one true matte brown that I could use for actual contouring (not bronzing) was NOT pigmented at all, actually, none of them really were. Again, def was not horrible and if you'd never played w/other contour kits maybe it'd suit your needs fine, but I did return mine to hopefully try the stila of Kat Von D.

on 5/14/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wish these powders were more pigmented! Especially the highlight colors. I do like the dark shades for contouring but they can get patchy so make sure you blend well!

This product was fairly overhyped. I reach for my other bronzers and contouring colors than this kit. The explosion of new contour kits for spring 2015 are more worthwhile.

on 5/2/2015 10:02:00 AM

I was eyeing and reading reviews on this product for months and months. Its not available in Australia, so I had to dig on-line to get it in a cheap reasonable price. Finally I get it from NET-A-PORTER for AUD 55, plus $10 shipping. It will be a little cheaper than obtaing it from ABH website, as they charge US $18 for shipping and the australian dollar is low at the moment so it will actually cost you more when converting currancies!. Unfortunately I'M DISAPPOINTED!. I put too much high expectation on this product, it definately not worth the hype. I have light to medium skin tone, combination and acne prone. This product did not break me out which is a good thing. However, The lighter shades are not showing on my skin other than working as an under-eye setting powder. The shimmery color is again not pigmented, nor showing any shimmer. Luckily, I have Mary-lou manizer from thebalm to use it instead. The contouring colours are good, but not super-pigmented; I have to swipe my brush several times to get any colour!. The worst thing of all of this is the staying power!. Today I used the middle colour 'FAWN' to contour and the right colour 'HAVANA' to bronze my face. I put it on at 11:30 am and it was natural, beautiful and light contouring for day time which I like and enjoy. I checked again at 3:00 pm, and oh my GOD nothing on my face! Literally, no contour, no bronzer and no blush, only foundation and eye makeup. All ABH colours were gone in less than 3 HOURS!. My face is not super oily by the way, but the staying power is awful. Maybe I should put huge amount to stay for longer, but again it won't be natural at all!. I will buy different brush to see if that will make any difference and try to powder my face more before using this palatte!. I'm grateful I havent spend AUD 82 to get it as most online stores retail! I should've known better since its manufactured in CHINA!

on 4/26/2015 12:59:00 AM

Disappointing! For the price and considering the reviews I was expecting something that would sit on my face flawlessly and lasted. Instead it's very patchy and hard to blend, also after a few hours it's even more patchy because it rubs off very easily! The colours in the light palette are too warm for me and the light colours are to dark. I'm not sure if it's because I have very fair skin maybe I'm not meant to contour but I am yet to find a perfect sculpting powder.

I tried making this work for about a month but had to return it. I have fair, warm skin around NC25 and the shades/texture in the light to medium kit didn't work for me. Two of the contour colors were too orange on me, and the cooler tone color did not flatter my skintone. The highlight colors barely made a difference and were hardly noticeable. After only a few uses, the shimmery highlight shade started to clump in the pan (used a clean brush on clean skin each time). Sorry to be so negative, I really wanted to love this kit. I ordered it online so my advice would be to try it in person before purchasing if you can.

Popular Palettes