Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

3.5

Tridecyl Trimellitate; Hydrogenated Polyisobutene; Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Ozokerite; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Diisostearyl Malate; Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline; Polyethylene; Beeswax/Cire d'abeille; Mineral Oil/Huile minérale; Phenoxyethanol; Menthol; Sorbic Acid; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil; Tocopherol; Iron Oxides/CI 77491; CI 77499; Red 21/CI 45380; Red 28 Lake/CI 45410; Titanium Dioxide

on 5/25/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Super inexpensive - under $4 (I got mine for around $2.80 with a coupon at a local CVS). Got "Pinky Promise" a flesh-toned pink with a bit of an opalescence to it. Not a whole lot of pigment (I have naturally colored lips) but smooth application.

I will try other colors.

Bad part? Made in CHINA so who knows what poisonous garbage is in there.

Wow, the staying power is super crazy, the intense color hour by hour and and it's super moisturizing. This is definitely my HG colored lip balm. You don't need a lipstick anymore if you're wearing this, also you don't need to layer with lip balm before glides this on. With the super cheap price, what else you wanna ask for?

My holy grail lippie for sure. I have lady and the camp, a stiff pink, and truffle in paradise. They are all super pigmented straight from the tube, slick and moisturizing on the lips without bleeding, and stain through a meal. The only thing is that they don't stain to the exact color of the tube; the pink and campy purple both magenta. definitely still 6worth $3 though.

on 5/1/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow! Super shocked at how much I love this balm stain. It's extremely moisturizing, pigmented, and when it fades, the stain isn't patchy at all. The price point is definitely a plus as well. I got "Truffle in Paradise." I love that it doesn't look or feel heavy. The only complaint I have is that the lid doesn't white like to stay on, but maybe that's just the one I got. It stays, but it's just loose feeling. Don't let that little thing deter you from trying this balm stain!!!!

I was really surprised with this product! The marketing for the product wasn't quite right, though. For instance, the word "balm" leads me to believe that the product is going to be somewhat sheer. This product was loaded with color! I bought "See If I Carrot!" which is a lovely coral color- and the color on the tube is the color that will be on your lips!

Of course, if you were to just dab the color and blend it into your lips or layer it with another product, you could get a more sheer effect! But if you are looking for a sheer color straight from the tube, then you won't get it from this!

The "stain" part of the product is fairly accurate. The immediate layer of color came off after I ate my lunch, but there was still a hint of the color "staining" my lips. At the end of the day, however, the product was pretty much gone as I did not reapply at all and I drink a lot of tea.

For me this product is great! Lovely, strong color payoff, not drying, easy to apply, cute packaging! I love it!

on 4/29/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you want an affordable lippie without sacrificing the quality, look no further than these balm stains. The first time I purchased one was on a whim. The price is what sold me and I've purchased every shade since.

At first, they go on thick and have a bit of transfer. After the product activity stains your lips, you are left with a beautiful natural finish. Plus they work great over a lip balm such as EOS or even Chapstick. Which isn't the case for most staining or long lasting lip products.

Those new to makeup, those who choose to wear minimal makeup and those who want something a little more casual will love these megaslicks!

on 4/25/2015 1:01:00 AM

Wow! I got this in the coral color and I always wear a lip balm under lipstick. While testing this out, I did not put anything on my lips and immediately found this extremely moistening and soft! No dry lips!

The color is gorgeous and very bright. Without eating heavily or drinking heavily, the color can last many hours (3-5) and the application is smooth, easy, and I like that the pencil is both pointed (easy to outline lips) yet thick (easy to fill in lips).

For $3.99, can you seriously go wrong?

on 4/19/2015 7:39:00 AM

I have this in nudist colony and its the perfect light nude for my very light cool toned complexion. I recommend this color to all fair skinned girls.

on 4/12/2015 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in the color Pinky Promise. I like it to where around the house as a lip balm but if you are to wear it out you would have to carry it in your purse for touch ups. It lasts about 2-3 hours for me, that's through snacking. My lips are pretty dark so stain wise I can't really tell you if it works due to there not being a lot of noticable color transfer on to my lips but it gives me a nice sheen that I like. And for everyone who claims it burns your lips, this product has menthol in it (mint) so it has a cooling sensation when you apply it. I actually really like this factor and is why I tend to reach for it more. Overall rating for me is 3 because of the stain factor. I plan to purchase More colors and will update this review then.
I would recommend this over the cover girl lip perfection jumbo gloss balm.

on 4/7/2015 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the colors rico mauve and lady and the vamp, I really liked this product because it is cheap and I think much better than other cheap lip products. I found that it goes on like a balm/chapstick a bit sheer but once it sets it looks really good and does not dry out my lips. Because of the stain quality it doesn't wear off quickly and I didn't experience any feathering.

Recommended for Medium Skin