Clarins Instant Concealer

4.3

on 5/19/2015 4:21:00 PM

This is the best concealer I've tried so far. I have really dark under eye circles and have never been able to cover them up before. My skin is fair, very thin and sensitive, so a lot of concealers makes my skin dry or doesn't cover at all.
This covers up perfectly and it takes very little product, so even though it's expensive, in my opinion, it lasts 3 times longer than drugstore concealers, like Rimmel, which I used before.
Only downside is it sits in my under eye lines - I have two big lines which nothing will ever cover, so didn't expect it, but it makes them appear smaller than any other product, so if you have very small lines, maybe it will cover them. And be careful not to squeeze out too much product, it's very easy with tubes like this.
It blends out nicely and I just use my ring finger to blend it, no need to use a brush all though it would probably work as well. On days where I'm really tired I will set the concealer with Bare Minerals Well Rested which brightens my face so well. But the concealer alone also brightens really good. Would definitely recommend it!

on 4/19/2015 6:24:00 PM

I bought this concealer after reading good reviews from Paula Begoun's Beautypedia. She's critical of almost anything, so if she said anything good, I thought I should trust it.
I've used this on my under eye area to cover dark circles. I'd say they are lightened by 80 percent, since I can only see a tiny shade of lilac/purple after I apply concealer.
Thanks to this concealer, though, I discovered that I've a fine line under my eyes. When the concealer dried out, it settled inside a line so I noticed very easily.
Now I use it to cover acne scars since there no fine lines where I've scars. It does cover red scars quite well. A little goes a long way, so one small tube (0.5oz) can last a very long time.
It's easy to squeeze a lot of concealer out of the tube, so I always end up squeezing more than I need. Despite this waste, I can see this concealer lasting me months.

on 4/19/2015 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my favourite under-eye concealer at the moment. A friend in the US to send me shade 4 and I really like it. I'm NC45 and this works perfectly. It's a quarter shade lighter than the rest of my skin and has very good coverage. If you're into the 'bright' under eye look and about my complexion then go for a shade lighter or something with more omph.

As I mentioned I use this as a daily under-eye concealer. It has very good, but not super, pigmentation. I have moderate darkness, which is worse after a long night, but nothing chronic. This covers everything I need covered with half a grain of rice size per eye. I could probably use less than that if I wanted to be careful about it. I've been using if for about two months and there's still plenty left. I've tried with fingers, fluffy brushes, dense brushes and the beauty blender. It works with all of them. My favourite is a fluffy brush because it perfects and brightens but disperses the product enough that you can't tell I'm wearing anything at all even at close range.

The best thing about the concealer is finish and wear time. It is a super light liquid/cream with nice slip and takes a fair while to set to a satin finish. You don't have to rush, you don't have to faff about with speciality application methods (that's YOU Nars radiant creamy concealer!) and it stays all day even on top of moisturiser and an SPF. I don't prime or set or retouch this concealer ever. I have fine lines under my eyes and you can see them after about 4-6 hours of wear but the product doesn't settle into them even after 12 hours of wear. That's more than enough for me.

No product I've ever used under my eyes is so low maintenance and impervious to sloppy application. The EL dw has better pigmentation and better colour selection, but you have to be more careful with it. This has relegated my Nars radiant creamy concealer to areas where skin is entirely crease free. The Nars just requires to much baby-ing to get it to look decent and it creases. The price is in line with Clarins other products, more than DS but less than most other HE options. The packaging is a small tube; it's not glamorous but the small squeeze spout and plastic container make is super easy to handle and travel with. I can't recommend this highly enough. I will definitely be picking up several back-ups on my next trip to the states.

One Problem. The shade range is pathetic. They have 4 (4!) in total and, for no reason I can determine, they only sell the lightest 3 in Europe. And US distributors won't ship this product to the UK (even if they send to the UK ordinarily) likely because of some licensing contracts. Clarins: sort yourselves out! This is beyond pathetic for a global brand. Seriously.

Rant over.

Rant aside. Give this a try. It's fantastic.

on 4/1/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Gives fantastic coverage. I have pretty dark under eye circles and this conceals them perfectly. There's absolutely no creasing during the day nor fading and it looks lightweight on skin. It doesn't dry the under eye area due to its liquid formula. The color 01 (the lightest one) is a little too dark on my NC15 skin, so I can't use it to cover arbitrary pimples on my neck. However, under foundation the concealer can easily be blended.

I have to give credit for its ingredients. I've got really sensitive eyes, which sometimes react to dimethicone by watering. I would give Instant Concealer five lippies if the tube didn't leak. During the ten first uses I didn't even press the tube when it started running, only stopping when I put the lid on. I hope that I had a bad copy because there was a lot of product wasted. A side that problem, this is definitely the best product I have tried for under eye circles.

on 3/8/2015 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this concealer.. Provides great coverage which doesn't move all day, or crease. Although it's not cheap a tube is 15 ml & you use such a tiny amount it lasts ages! Only tiny downside is it does come out of the tube fairly fast so don't squeeze the tube too hard! Will be buying this again & again

on 2/24/2015 11:55:00 PM

HG concealer. Loooooooove this stuff. Good coverage. Haven't noticed creasing and slightly moisterizing.

on 2/3/2015 12:17:00 PM

This is the best concealer IMHO for those of us with "life lines." It conceals well, it isn't cakey and the best thing is it doesn't crease or highlight lines. Yes, it is pricey, but a little goes a very long way.

on 1/30/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First of all let me say that I am a concealer junkie. I was born with dark circles and bags and now that I'm "older" I have to be careful about concealers that are on the heavier side because of the creasing factor. Let's see Bobbi Brown, Lancôme, Estée lauder, Lise waiter just to name a few of the concealer brands I own don't come close to the performance of Claris instant concealer.
What I love about it is:
-hydrating
-light weight texture
-peachy tone (02) so it acts as a corrector on my bluish circles
-conceals without cakey look

What I don't love:
-packaging sucks!! I actually like that it's in a tube but the product just keeps coming out and it is messy.
I recommend this to anyone!!!

on 1/23/2015 3:58:00 PM

I was born with the darkest under eye circles and I have tried soooo many different concealers through the years. People, I have found THE ONE! This stuff covers like nothing else and is still thin enough not to set in to my lines. Its even better than my double wear concealer. I use shade 2 cause my circles are on the purple side. I can t recommend this stuff enough!

on 1/23/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Clarins concealers aren't products you hear much about around the town, but this offering is so good that it needs to get more love. I have the lightest shade (my skins is NC25) and it is amazing for my under eyes. I would say this shade is amazing for highlighting, brightening and covering my dark circles, but not the right shade for anywhere else on my face. It is a thin concealer, more of a liquid than cream, but I find this is great for an instant covering of pesky darkness under my eyes. The shade range is disappointing and thats sad because not everyone will be able to find a match and try this amazingly formulated product.For such a big brand, Clarins could probably do with introducing a wider shade range (three is a bit poor).

The value for money on this product is incredible. Yes it's expensive *($38) but you get such a big tube of the product for concealer. Its a squeeze out package, not a doe foot applicator. But you get a massive 15ml. This can be compared to their Instant Light Brush On Perfecter which retails for $42 Australian dollars and only has 2mls of product!!!! And compared to the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer which is cheaper at $35 but you only get 6ml. So this concealer is such amazing value for your money. And to buy this would be money well invested (if you can find a shade, seriously Clarins work on that please).

Top Rated Clarins Products