It Cosmetics Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer

3.8

Camellia Sinesis Leaf Water, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Water, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Tromethamine, Glyceryl Stearate, Hectorite, Phenoxyrthanol, Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Cholesterol, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Asarum Siebildi Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Morus Alba Root Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojobs) Seed Extract, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vitex Trifola Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Xanthan Gum. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 5/17/2015 7:09:00 PM

I'm thinking they misnamed this, but for what it is, it's awesome stuff. It has a tiny straight brush that lets you get right to the roots of your lashes, and darkens and separates them. You can get every lash...something you can rarely do with a regular mascara. IMO, this isn't meant to be a mascara...it's more of a primer. I use this to darken and tease out all my lashes, then go over it all with my regular mascara. It keep lashes from clumping, and again...EVERY lash gets darkened. It can be used in place of regular mascara, but don't expect dramatic volume or length. You can use this to tightline to a degree, but as I'm not a great fan of tightlining, especially that smeared slept in look, I can't really comment. When i tightline, i use a pencil liner. Great product and reasonable price. Worth it for just the wand.

on 4/14/2015 6:03:00 PM

I wsh I did not waste money on this. It did nothing short of make my already sparse straight lashes look just that. It did nothing absolutely nothing. I am better with a makeup brush and a dark shadow to tight line.

on 4/6/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Once again dissspointed with an it cosmetics mascara. This did nothing no length no tightline nothing worth wasting my money on ever again

on 3/26/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this! Gives me long, fluttery, natural-looking lashes and it's perfect for "everyday look" tightlining on my top lashes. It's really difficult to find a mascara that can pass as long, curly eyelashes, but this works beautifully for me. People think I don't wear makeup, ha ha.

I am not great at applying mascara. I usually look like a smeared clumpy mess with most mascaras I try. I love this for my small eyes. It really makes them pop!The wand makes it possible to get right at the roots and gives me a very flattering look.

on 3/1/2015 11:15:00 PM

I really like this lash primer, it actually manages to separate my eyelashes and not clump, I have both the regular and the waterproof, sometimes I use this under and sometime by itself. it makes my lashes look pretty dark. I really like the tiny wand and I think that's what helps my forever crumbly lashed look separated from each other. it is pretty expensive for such a small amount of produce

on 2/3/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently just discovered tightlining … a little late but whatever. The premise of this product is wonderful but it doesn’t deliver. I bought this strictly for the purpose of tightlining – not mascara or primer. I consider myself a fairly savvy makeup person and no matter how much I tried this just doesn’t do what it claims.

Cons:
-Expensive at $24
-Made my eyelashes stiff at the base
-Deposited little to no color
-Doesn’t do anything more than regular mascara does if you push it down further on your lash roots

Pros:
-Great little brush for combing

I will be returning this as it does nothing like it’s supposed to do.

on 1/27/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Of course this isn't going to tightline your eyes in the traditional sense, BUT it definitely works to darken the root of your lashes and create a tightlined effect. I use an eyeliner pencil to tightline and really darken the upper lashline first and then use this to get to the base of my lashes to darken and seperate them. If I'm going for a natural look, I'll just use this as my only mascara all over the lashes. If you want a more dramatic look, you can use this as primer and follow up with another mascara for more thickness and drama. The small wand allows you to get closer to the root of your lashes than any other mascara wand and I especially love this for the bottom lashes because it coats them nicely without getting clumpy. I wasn't sure how much I would like this because it seemed like a gimmick but I'm really glad that I tried it and I'll definitely repurchase!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this as my mascara. I love the tiny wand as it allows me to get to every single lash. It makes my lashes look very long, although I do always use a curler before I apply it. It isn't clumping, which is a bonus. My only gripe is that for the price there isn't much product, and the tightline tip is scratchy and just plain useless.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm definitely a lash primer person, but have never tried a black lash primer. A black lash primer makes a lot of sense because it would help improve the color impact of black mascara, just as white primers tend to let colored mascaras look brighter. So when I saw this one in the store, I had to give it a try.

The first thing I noticed is that the brush diameter is tiny...think Maybelline's Lash Discovery but on a smaller scale. I was excited because I hate big brushes--I'm prone to creating a mess on my eyelids with them--and this one looked ideal to really coat my lashes with minimal mess. In reality...well, the tiny brush does does a lot to define without the mess, but doesn't particularly lengthen my lashes. And forget about volume: not here with this one. It didn't make any drastic changes to my lashes' appearance without or with mascara on top.

I didn't notice any difference in wear time compared to my other tried-and-true lash primers (L'ancome and UD). It's a bit stubborn to remove, not necessarily a bad thing because it means it's keeping my mascara where it should be.

As far as using it for tightlining...well, I tried. It didn't quite work out as easily as It Cosmetics makes it out to be. I think I'll stick with my black liner pencils.

Overall, I was somewhat disappointed by this product...not so much that I'd return it to Ulta, but I'm not very likely to repurchase it. However, I will definitely check out other black lash primers.