Boots Beautifully Matte Make Up Base

3.1

on 2/23/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This primer is kinda hard to put on as it dries quickly and doesn't have a very smooth, silicon-y feel like a lot of other primers do. You have to work quickly and in sections to get it on nicely. However, no other primer I've ever tried has controlled oil as well and made my foundation last as long as this one has. I don't wear it every day, but I do when I want my makeup to last 8+ hours and during the summer when I get really oily. During the winter, I use it only on my t-zone and it keeps my foundation looking nice.

on 2/9/2015 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product as it was part of an offer (buy one product get another half price). I thought this product would be beneficial as I have oily, acne prone skin. However, after several uses, I broke out in big red spots across my forehead (where I hardly ever get spots), my jawline (where I also hardly get spots) and my cheeks. These spots weren't just any spots, they were bright red and painful. In addition to this, it drys very quickly and it's almost like your putting glue on your face which is one of the things I hate about this product. This product does not keep me matter for the first 2-3 hours my makeup will be flawless then I get a break though of oil which was very disappointing. I used this primer along with my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation however I've decided to go back to my stay perfect primer which is also by no7 as it keeps me matte and doesn't irritate my skin which is good as it is quite sensitive.

If you have oily, acne prone skin, stay well away from this product!

on 1/23/2015 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Being someone who has very oily skin, I need a primer that will fully mattify my skin before even thinking about applying foundation. This primer does an excellent job of taking every bit of oil out of my skin leaving me with a perfect base to apply foundation. Only con is it's very quick drying but if you apply it quickly it poses no problem. Stear clear however if you have dry skin in the slightest, the formula will cling to even the smallest dry patches

The consistency of this primer is exactly like glue. It's nearly impossible to smooth over my skin because it dries almost instantly, and then it flakes and rolls into little pieces when I tried to finish smoothing it out! This primer made me breakout, which is a shame, because I thought it would help to maintain my clearer-looking skin, as I haven't broken out in a while.
I will say: it did a spectacular job mattifying my face and keeping my makeup in place. Even before I put foundation on I was impressed with how matte my face was.
So I'm not sure, maybe I'll keep this and only use it once in a while. But certainly not everyday, because now I have acne along my jaw and my cheeks.

on 10/8/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This makes my makeup last all day! So affordable and keeps me matte and I'm super oily. I went swimming and surfing and this made my makeup not budge at all! The staying power of my makeup is amazing thanks to this product!

on 9/13/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product, not because it's a great makeup base, but because it has really helped to clear up my acne :) I have tried pretty much all there is to get rid of my acne and I must say that this product surprisingly is one of the best things i've tried.
I would not call this a primer, it does not prepare the skin for make up. It does not give the skin that smooth perfect suface that silicone-based products does and it doesn't really make the makeup look better, actually I find that it makes my pores look slightly more noticeable. BUT this product controls oil very well so if you have oily skin you will probably love it!

on 8/6/2014 2:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pros: controls oil well. Cons: a little too drying for my skin, left my skin(sensitive) feeling a little burning, difficult to spread around the face, rubbing around my face irritated it.

on 4/18/2014 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the first primer I have ever tried but unfortunately it wasn't for me. I use a compact powder foundation, and the primer made my skin look patchy. I think this would work better with a good liquid foundation. I do still use it on my eyelids when I use eye shadow or eye liner, and it stays put all day.

on 3/7/2014 11:16:00 AM

A little bit goes a long way! Keeps me matte all day & I love that it has salicylic acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Wow this primer was lame! Seriously I thought this primer would be good because I had heard good things about it but no to my dismay it turned out to be utter garbage. As soon as I put it on it was flaky and the consistency was weird. I patted it on and it was still no good. The only good thing was the clean scent but honestly that didn't help the overall aspect of this primer because honestly it was bad. Overall I would not buy this EVER again.