Maybelline Baby Lips Electro (All)

3.9

Bought this in Grape Bomb. Color payoff was okay, what you'd expect in a tinted lip balm - but the formula and the scent is horrifying. I tried using a couple more times because I like the color and the sheer novelty of having a purple lip product - ended up chucking it in the trash later on after discovering the Nivea Fruity Shine lip balms.

I prefer the Color collection more.

on 4/30/2015 1:29:00 AM

This lip balm is horrible... It's so chalky and the product size is misleading... Definitely would not recommend. The balm also sticks out on top so when replacing the cap, you will have to be careful in case you smudge or cut the balm. Really not worth it. Wish they sold the Baby Lips Lip Glow again.

on 11/26/2014 8:13:00 AM

this product is quite fine. Got it in pink shock. the pink really suits me a lot which i like. is like a hot pink color. but for a lip balm it dont works at all, comes off quite quickly not even last an hr. however, I like it as a tint. and i really like that my lips have color bcos my bare lip just naturally looks pale. so a great product as a tint, but calling it a balm and do not work at all. a down point.

on 10/10/2014 5:24:00 PM

I bought this in minty sheer. Maybe it has something to do with the sheer lime color over my own lip color, but my lips look super healthy when I wear this . Don't let the color in the tube scare you, this goes on clear. I can't speak for the other colors though. The packaging is super adorable as are all the lip balms from the baby lips line. As far as moisturizing goes, I would stick with something more clinical like Blistex, Carmex or Chapstick. I do like this for everyday wear though .

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Have not tried the original line but I have tried the Dr. Baby Lips Rescue and love it so here we go:

MOISTURIZATION:
- Does NOT last the 8 hours they're suppose to last. I find that if I put a thick layer and don't eat or drink anything, the moisturization lasts me somewhere between 1 - 2 hours. However I find that the #95 Strike a Rose becomes less moisturising as you use it up in comparison to #70 Pink Shock which I find doesn't lose it's moisturization as you use it up.

COLOUR:
- The colour pay off is incredible for a lip balm! I have used #95 Strike a Rose, #70 Pink Shock and #85 Oh! Orange!
- I can build up the colour from sheer to opaque very easily.
- #95 Strike a Rose is a very coral-orange tone colour.
- #70 Pink Shock is a very pretty bright berry colour
- #85 Oh! Orange! is a very sheer orange colour.
- The colour lasts even AFTER the moisture is gone
- However, I have very oily skin and building up the colour gives the lip colour an almost greasy look which doesn't look very flattering on me in the afternoons when my skin is the most greasy/oily!
- This is why I sometimes wear a thin layer of this for a good wash of colour to my lips with a good moisturizing (clear) chapstick underneath. Then I'll apply the Baby Lips as a sheer lipstick/wash of colour so that way the mositure will last me longer.

OVERALL:
- Besides the moisturization, I love these! I'm not a huge fan of bold colours so keeping these sheer is the way to go for me! (Which is why my clear chapstick trick underneath works for me!)
- Of the 3 I've tried, I prefer #70 Pink Shock because it's the most pigmented of the 3 and I find it more moisturizing than the other 2!
- I found that #95 Strike a Rose clashed a bit with my skin tone since it's uneven due to the redness on my cheeks. I found it was the least moisturizing of the 3.
#85 Oh! Orange was okay since it's very sheer however if I tried to build up the colour and get some of that colour build up around my lips, it looks like you ate an orange popsicle and ate it messily like a little kid does! This one is not good for carrying in your bag if you like to quickly apply thick layers of chapstick!!

on 8/1/2014 8:57:00 AM

I love Pink Punch - and so does everyone in my office! They all said it was a definite Friday lift :) Strike a Rose will likely be more 'everyday' for me. I find the scents ok but they taste a bit weird. The formula is your bog-standard lip balm, nothing exciting. Wouldn't say the moisturisation lasts for 8hrs anyway. But the colour and the scents do it for me! :)

on 7/9/2014 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got the fiece and tangy , it goes on clear , smells like lemons and moisturizes well

update : bought the oh orange one 2 weeks ago . HG

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This has got to be one of the best tinted lip balm for me! Am so in love with these line of the baby lips and these are my first baby lips products.

As a lip balm, like many have said, it does not do much. While it seemed to moisturize the lips well, it does not treat or do anything more than that though.

But as a tinted lip balm, the colour pay off is amazing. I have the one in Pink Shock and Strike A Rose and I love both of them though I love the Pink Shock more as it's a darker kind of berry pink. You can build up the colour so you can choose if you want to wear it sheer or full on like a lipstick. I've tried going over multiple times (in Pink Shock) and the colour is so pigmented, it can passed off as a lipstick. I was so impressed by it.

As someone who has extremely dry lips, lipsticks (no matter how moisturizing it is) always dries up my lips, causing the lips to chap and flake. So, these tinted lip balm is ideal for someone like me, someone who has extremely dry lips and needs constant use of lip balm but still want something that has colour to it.

I'm going to purchase the ones in Berry Bomb and Oh Orange! The swatches look so beautiful! And at the price these baby lips are retailing at, it wouldn't hurt my pocket to just get them and add on to my collection of lip products!

on 6/22/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is for Pink Shock & Berry Bomb

Iíve had Pink Shock for quite some time now. I bought it one day in November because I saw a girl on campus touching up her fabulous hot pink lipstick Ė with a tube of baby lips! I ran out and bought one right away.

Pink Shock is really nice. It has a beautiful hot pink hue that is bright but flattering because of its translucency. Itís a lot more opaque then the colours from the original line. And I love the smell! Like a raspberry push-pop! The taste is a lot nicer compared to the core line, which is bitter and off-putting.

I just bought Berry Bomb recently. I wanted Strike A Rose but that shade is near impossible to get. It along with Pink Shock is always sold out. Berry Bomb looks like a deep purple in the tube but on my lips it comes off a soft pink violet shade. Itís a good deal sheerer then Pink Shock but still lends lips a noticeable tint. The smell is like a grape cocktail; sweet grapes and other miscellaneous berries.

Generally I find these lip balms to be greasy but Iíve been sick lately and my lips have turned dry. EOS wasnít helping (I find it dry) and these baby lips have helped a little because their formula is so emollient. They keep your lips soft and moist while you wear them. They do wear off way before the 8 hour mark but as long as you reapply, your lips will feel fine.

These balms arenít super moisturizing and wonít heal dry, parched lips but they are certainly a fun treat for your lips to add a colour and moisture for a cheap price. Iíve deducted one star for the overly slippery texture but Iíd buy these again gladly. Iím still looking out for Strike A Rose!

EDIT JULY 10TH: These balms are really growing on me and I've been using them for the past month and I really do enjoy these lip balms. I picked up Strike A Rose and I just love how they tint my lips and feel so soft and moist. I'm bumping up the review to four lippies.

on 5/3/2014 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the Oh Orange! and I love it. it smells like oranges and it give an orange tint which looks adorable. Definitely one of my favorite beauty products I own.

Popular Lip Treatments