Wet 'n' Wild Fergie On the Edge Creme Liner - Little Black Dress

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is my favorite gel eyeliner. Maybe even my favorite eyeliner, period.

I have oily and sensitive eyes and skin. Therefore primer is paramount. Even then, I have difficulty with wearing pencil eyeliner because it usually fades and smears easily on me. The opacity and richness of liquid eyeliner appeals to me, but is rarely practical for me.

This? Strangely, I find it the easiest type of eyeliner to apply. The included brush is actually pretty decent, decent enough it's all I've used to apply it on my lids with no control problems whatsoever. It's not pitch black, but it's black enough for me, especially at a distance. There may be a little transfer if I rub my eyes, but unlike pencil eyeliner it doesn't really budge otherwise. It lasts for hours. Best of all, it doesn't hurt my eyes, or make them itch terribly. Always great!

I didn't wear a lot of eye makeup for months after some medical problems and when I went back to it last week, it was still relatively moist. Some dryness, but otherwise okay. The pot is over a year old, however, so for safety's sake I'm getting a new one soon. I can't wait, because the fact I couldn't use my favorite eyeliner has been eating me up.

on 4/7/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am about to return this to cvs. My problem with this is that it smudges and transfers all over my lid.within a few hours I got raccoon eyes. I also don't like how it's not really black, but eventually turns grayish. If I want a thick black gel line, I want it to stay true to color else I would have gotten a gray eyeliner! Overall this was a no go and I will be returning this

on 3/14/2015 1:44:00 PM

Gosh I hate to be that rare negative review on this but it didn't work for me. My first issue was it's not very black. I had to apply it then reapply to build up any intensity. Secondly, my eyes itched like crazy with this. I couldn't wait to get home to remove it. I also didn't care for the jar. It has a high lid on it so you have to dip your brush down inside. No biggie just a little irritating and misleading on how full the jar is. I thought this may be a good dupe for the ELF gel eyeliner but ELF is way better. It's darker, applies better, and is cheaper.

on 3/11/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Out of all the eyeliners that I have tried high end and DS This is the best that I have found for the waterline! Before any eyeliner I applied on my water line by the end of my day (I have long days everyday) my eyes would look like raccoons, I have oily skin so its always a challenge to find things that actually work on my face. But this eyeliner is really good I was very shocked at how cheap this liner works for the quality. A friend told me about this eyeliner and I was quite skeptical when she told me that this eyeliner did not move at all and it was good for the waterline, to my surprise she was right. For the little cause and great product will definitely keep buying this product. Also one last thing the pigmentation is really good!! Very opaque and black

on 1/31/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this Creme Eyeliner! I just hope they never discontinue it! IT's my fave!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I personally love this product. I used to buy pencil liners, but the first time i bought this i fell in love. It goes on so smoothly, a little goes a long way. The only downside to this product is that after a couple hours it can smear a bit, honestly most liners do. Im on my second pot of this, it usually lasts me 2-3 months, used daily. Will definitely purchase again.

on 10/29/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

So I wanted to start by saying that I first bought the brown shade of this eyeliner first because they were all sold out of the black! I couldn't wait so I got the brown and totally love that one.
Pro: This black shade is really nice and so easy to use and glides like a dream. The brush is surprising useful as well but to be honest I would rather use a flat liner brush because I like a cleaner line. I still think the brush is a nice addition for people that are trying out cream eyeliner. I was very skeptical of cream eyeliner because I have intensely oily lids and even UD pencil liners are a complete fail for me despite saying 24/7, it smudges every where! I was pleasantly surprised that this lasted on me from about 9 am until I took it off at 6 pm.

Con: I will say that it does transfer on my crease a little bit but nothing severely major that is super noticeable. I feel like if i let it dry without blinking my eyes for a while this might help a little plus setting it with powder. However I was out all day and in the sun so despite this fact i think the staying power is kinda awesome. This is probably the only con for me personally because of the oiliness of my skin plus the way my eyes are shaped. I have hooded eyes so sometimes this makes it hard for me to find eyeliner that will stay put on my top lid and not transfer. So I was not surprised that it transferred a little but surprised that it was a tiny amount that doesn't make you look like a raccoon.

Anyway I'm head over heels crazy about this liner so far. My lines stay nice and clean throughout the whole day. Even though there is minor transfer, the color stays black and doesn't smear or run like other my many other expensive brands.
Wet n' wild never fails me!

on 10/26/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

At first, I was disappointed with this product, as it didn't perform very well as an cream eyeliner. I compared this with two other cream eyeliners, MAC Fluidline and Maybelline's gel eyeliner. This was not as pigmented as the others, and required two layers to become opaque.

I also realized that this cream eyeliner doesn't dry as fast as the others, and it glides on effortlessly, while the other two are drier and tugs more at the skin when applying. I saw a great opportunity here and can safely say that this is a great cream eyeshadow when doing a smokey eye!

It's hard enough to find a black eyeshadow that is pigmented enough by itself, but it's also hard finding the right primer. This product is a perfect base for a smokey eye, and gives you more time to blend/smoke it out than other eyeliners in the same category. It's black enough used alone, but you could totally put black eyeshadow on top as well, and the eyeliner would boost the eyeshadow. Much more easy to blend than eyeshadow alone, or the other eyeliners, being dry and tugging. Also, it's waterproof and lasts all night even on my boyfriend, who usually smears his eyeshadow within a few hours. No more patchy, uneven or weak colour. One of the best products I have used, and I would repurchase.

on 10/10/2014 10:29:00 AM

I'll be honest, I am not an everyday eyeliner user. There's something about sticking a wand or pencil close to my eyeball that makes me think I'm gonna poke my eye out.
I received this little pot of magic free with the purchase of another WNW product. On a whim, I gave it a try. The liner applies so smoothly (even for a liner-paranoid person!), it goes on dark the first time, and I can tightline my lid really easily. My eyes pop and this stuff wears all day without smudging or flaking. It's magical and finally I can wear a liner without having an anxiety attack while applying.

on 8/5/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Yeeeesssss...I have the WORST allergies..my eyes water constantly. Yesterday I was home and really suffering and thought I would give this liner a trial run..and for the life of me...it stayed on all day. I took two naps and even slept with it over night and it was STILL ON. However it is easy to remove. I am 100% in love. There is only one small drawback. It is soft black not black black. That is fine to me because I like to wing out my liner and black can be a little harsh. Overall, all my allergy ladies..please do yourself a favor and pick this up. It's 4.99 and you can find it on sale quite often.

May your wings always be even!