Cover FX Total cover Cream Foundation SPF 30

3.5

Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tris (PPG-3 Benzyl Ether) Citrate, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate, Squalane, Triacontanyl PVP, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Tribehenin, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetic Acid, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 5/21/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm very fair and cool toned. i have this in the shade n0, which is a little light for me but it works fine.

there isn't really much i like about this foundation. until a year or so ago i never used liquid foundation, only cream compacts, and i normally find cream foundations easy to apply. this one, not so. it has a very thick, stiff texture, which means the sponge (i use my own sponge, not the one that comes with the compact) doesn't pick up much product, even when dampened, and drags on my skin.

a plus though is that once applied it doesn't require buffing like a liquid foundation, just a bit of smoothing over which can be done with the sponge or with powder. once it's applied, it lasts forever. does not come off until you want it to. if you are happy to work with the difficult texture, it's otherwise a good quality foundation with full coverage, and the shade range is enormous. i won't repurchase though.

on 5/11/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- Very high coverage
- Great finish (dewy, pretty skin-like, not too heavy-looking)
- Buildable
- Travel-friendly (comes in a typical pan with a mirror and a sponge)
- Easy to apply (fingers and sponge gives best coverage for me, brushes are a bit streaky)
- Great color range in cool, neutral and warm (ACTUALLY yellow!) shades
- Great staying range

CONS:
- Oily-skinned people, be sure to wear some sort of mattifying primer or something underneath because I pretty much looked shiny from the get-go
- Pricey ($42)
- Melts in the pan in warmer weather (still works, but icky and can make you pick up too much on your brush)
- Settles into eye creases and mouth-area creases (haven't found a way around this)
- Can emphasize flakes depending on application method

I will be honest, I angsted about returning because it covered blemishes SO incredibly well and didn't emphasize skin texture or peach fuzz as much as Kat von D. Also, the dewy finish was genuinely lovely and looked more natural that the KvD (which looked like concrete on me.)

However, I did return for a few reasons. It was definitely too greasy for my oily skin and migrated around, even after powder. Also, I'm NC25 in MAC (very yellow), and I was surprisingly stuck between THREE colors - N40 (neutral, a HAIR dark), G40 (very yellow, also a hair dark) and G30 (less yellow, lighter than G40, a hair too neutral). It was too expensive of a cream foundation to buy in TWO shades, so if I had to choose, I would go with G30, but N40 and G30 both looked equally good on me in the summer.

I think this foundation would be really great for those with dry or normal skin and require heavier finishes.

on 5/8/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This remained my go-to foundation for a long time; these days I've tried to use tinted moisturizer/BB cream and concealer to minimize cake-ness but as my stress level rises and my face's pimple population rises, I will probably be going back to this :]. I used it along with the CoverFX foundation brush and my friends would tell me my face looked amazing every time they saw me.

I was first referred to it many years back when my face had gotten extremely sensitive from harsh products (gets red easily, breaks out, very dry but T-zone gets oily). I discovered it when I asked someone at Sephora for a recommendation for sensitive, acne-prone, flakey dry but also T-zone face (the sephora I go to has been good for me in terms of recommendation, although I understand it completely depends on location and staff) and I think she told me it was developed with sensitive skin in mind (something as severe as burn victims). Throughout the years, I have heard this constantly praised by make-up artists which relieves me that much more.

I tend to want foundation that not only does a good job in the short-term (making my skin look like I have no worries at all), but also beneficial long-term (maintain the quality of my skin so that I may keep it for years to come), and this does both very well. It also has SPF which is a nice plus, and on those nights where I partied a bit hard the night before, I find that when I wake up it is relatively still there (vs others I have tried; MUFE HD was also recommended and has similar benefits but from my experience, it never lasted long on my face and would fade in a few hours if that). A majority of the time, I found that my skin looked BETTER having slept with it on which is great for someone like me that needs a bit of flexibility in case I have one of those nights where I pass out ;]. It does tend to get a bit oily in the summer for me, but I find the use of powder after application to set it does the trick (used to use the MUFE HD powder but found corn starch to work just as well!). Also, it lasts a very long time; a little goes a long way and it is important to remember! I think I started applying a bit too much because I loved it so much, and that made it seem cakey, which I need to control.

I don't normally use the word hate but I literally hated this foundation. I purchased it prior to travelling(mistake#1) and didn't use it enough prior to leaving. I haven't had issues with shininess in tzone since I was in bloody junior high but after an hour with this on my face, it looked like I was using crisco as a moisturizer.

I couldn't believe how terrible it made my skin look. Empathized any bit of flakiness I had and enlarged my pores. It was so bad my bf actually asked why I was so "sweaty".

Never again.

One lip for coverage and amount of colour choices.

I have severely dry, eczematic and rosacea skin. I had been using the dinair airbrush for many years but it took a lot of daily cleaning and maintenance and I just didn't have time to deal with that anymore. after many trial and errors with other cream foundation (that broke me out btw) I decided to try this. OMG this foundation is amazing. I use a flat foundation brush to apply and finish it off with the illuminating powder. instead of putting the brush straight into the make up (very unhygienic) I use a spoon to scoop out the smallest amount of make up. you don't need a lot of this stuff. the tiniest bit goes a long way. it blends really well and covers all of my redness. it also makes me skin feel better and healthier. my skin stays moisturized all day long especially during this dry winter. considering that, I'm assuming this May not be good for oily skin types.

on 2/1/2015 11:01:00 PM

This is a great foundation. It was actually my first foundation that wasn't liquid and changed my view of the makeup world completely. I'm ghostly pale and the shade n10 is the only foundation that's ever almost seamlessly matched me. pros: absolutely full coverage without being cakey, glowy/slightly dewy finish, perfect color match, photographs well. cons: actually made turned my t-zone oily by the end of the day which was weird for me seeing as I have normal to dry skin, creased in my smile lines no matter what prep/application method, a remained sticky throughout the day and I would constantly have to pull my hair off of my fave. overall a wonderful foundation, I don't think I'd enjoy it much for everyday use though.

on 1/4/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I don't know how to review this foundation even though it's the only one I used every week in 2014, regardless of new purchases or infatuations. I do spot concealing with it first and then sheer out a layer beginning in the center of my face or use a powder foundation. As the day goes on and it warms on my skin it may eventually look more dewy but I've yet to have it look cakey or heavy. It appears darker in the fompact than my other foundations yet doesn't appear like a mask when I wear it. Somehow it works. This foundation lasts well with or without a primer. On its own it doesn't do much to blur pores but it also doesn't exaggerate them. A damp makeup wedge/Beauty Blender or fingers blend it out the best (for me).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ok peeps, this foundation isn't for everyone, but I have dry, aging skin and I live in a desert. This is the only foundation that looks good ALL DAY on my skin. And don't freak out about it being full coverage. Just buff a little in and it's very sheer and perfect on my skin. Again, it's not for everyone, but it is perfect for the right person.

Edit: I still love this, but it wears off unevenly during the day a little.

on 12/14/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

pros :
- great shade selection. I picked P10, and it's the best match i've ever found in a non-mineral foundation. Looks great on my NW/C 5-10 skin.
- nice finish, very natural looking, even on dry patches
- versatile coverage : you can apply it sheer with your fingers, or build it up to a super full coverage with a sponge.
- good lasting power on my dry skin
- multitasking : it worked great as an all-over foundation, as well as an undereye concealer or a spot concealer.

cons :
- kinda pricy
- might be too greasy on an oilier skin than mine
- it broke me out...

My expectations were so hiiiiigh for this product... My skin is super dry and intolerant with rosacea. It was fine for the first days of wear but my rosacea started coming back after 4/5 days... I'm so dissapointed, I mean, this is meant for my skin type and my skin condition, but nope, no way.
Now I can only use it as a spot and undereye concealer on top on powder mineral foundation (which works fantastic and doesn't irritate my skin BTW), and so I'm still on the hunt for a liquid or cream foundation that's fair enough and won't piss off my skin...

I think it would work nicely for someone with dry skin and moderate sensitivity, but that's it.

on 12/9/2014 10:01:00 AM

This foundation streaks and its oily but dries out skin. younblood is great. I'm trying IT celebration foundation next.