Essence Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner

3.9

on 4/5/2015 11:09:00 PM

I have avoided Essence before because the packaging looks pretty cheap, and the prices ARE cheap. However, I was looking for a new eyeliner because my Stila one is just crap. I didn't want to waste NZ$20+ on another one that was the same. These are about NZ$5, i swatched it on the back of my hand and it looked just okay. I've never used a brush applicator before, I've always stuck to the pen types because I figured they would be much easier to use. Well, for me, now, I have found that was 100% wrong. This is SO much easier to apply a straight and even line and it gets right into my lash line. Black as can be, and this has lasted on my eyes. All my more expensive ones have always flaked or faded off especially on the wing part, this doesn't. I got the normal version, not the waterproof. From the reviews it looks like that one is better, and I might pick it up because the price is so great. Very impressed.

on 1/21/2015 2:14:00 AM

I bought the waterproof version of this and I loved it! It was really black and would not budge. I have oily eyelids and this didn't slip. Also, it really is waterproof! I use cleansing oil to remove this on my eyelids--real easy! I was so happy since it is dirt-cheap but delivers astounding results.

HOWEVER. On my second week, it starts to flake off! I don't know the reason why because I've never changed nor included anything new on my make-up routine :( We we're going along so well, Essence Liquid Ink Liner, and you had to mess that up :( It flakes like crazy by mid-day and the flakes go everywhere on my face, even my boyfriend and my MOM had commented on it.

Overall a good product but I just don't know why it keeps flaking off, I tried using a primer underneath it but to no avail. Will probably repurchase since its really cheap :) hehe

on 1/18/2015 9:51:00 AM

I bought this eyeliner and its waterproof counterpart on a search for affordable liquid liners. The normal one is entirely forgettable; it smudges and crumbles and has no staying power.

The WATERPROOF version, however, I use daily!! It doesnt have a separate page on this site yet, so I'll just say it here: it is absolutely amazing, and dirt cheap. Once you've learned to really wipe your applicator brush on the rim of the little tube before applying, the brush allows for some damn precise line-work. It comes out really black, doesn't crumble, and stays all day.

on 10/24/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is such a great eyeliner and for such an affordable price. Essence has some great products for real cheap which is why its one of my favourite brands. I dont really care much for the packagin because really, the simpler the packaging, the more inexpensive the product is. The eyeliner itself is very opaque and is honestly jet black. Only one application is needed. Theres no need to go over lines again or anything, which is a major pro for me. Although, it is a VERY inky eyeliner, the trick is to scrape the excess (which there will be alot of) off the brush before application to prevent smudging or ugly lines. The eyeliner lasts for a very long time and for only AUD$6, its worth a shot.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This eyeliner is good, but not great. It's an intense black that only requires one application to get a very dark black colour. However, while definitely being waterproof, it is not long lasting at all, and flakes throughout the day. Not to mention the packaging is horrible (its very hard to get the wand out and when you do, the product flicks all over you).

on 7/18/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Essence has some amazing and affordable gems and this eyeliner is one of them. It lasts all day and there was very minimal smudging. Be warned though, the line can come out thicker than required so be precise when applying, use a light hand.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I thought I had already written a review for this but obviously not.
I have been using this stuff for a few months now; I consider myself well-versed with liquid liners.

Pros:
* cheap
* easy to find
* inky black

Cons:
* flakes/crumbles like crazy after 15 minutes
* one of those dip pots with a brush, definately struggle to create a cat eye with this
* usually not sealed in the store

All in all it is very annoying having to periodically seal up the cracks/flakes with this. Honeymoon period was good while it lasted.

on 4/18/2014 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have the waterproof version and it's really is one of the best liners ever. Doesn't flake, lasts for over 24 hours. It's really black upon first application and is liquid enough to draw line easily with even one move. The tip is thin enough to get those pretty thin lines. One con is that it can dry around the screw and make it hard to open. I've repurchased it.

on 4/16/2014 2:02:00 PM

Super!

on 4/12/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yeah it is kind of nice but I should admit that it is not the best. After I remove it -tried to renove it leaves some black lines.. WEIRD