Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Didecene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Becca's ever-matte foundation is some really great stuff. I have oily and acne-prone skin. This foundation has not broken me out. It gives me a matte finish, but it's not a "flat" matte. After a little while, the matte finish begins to change due to the oil coming through, but it's a naturally gradual change. Like, I'll go from matte to demi matte to natural over about 6 hours. I do set this with powder and/or matte finishing spray. The color selection isn't great. However, at the time I bought it, I was a weird in-between shade and the best match was Noisette; then winter came and it was too dark; but now it is perfect! It gives good coverage with just one application (but right now my skin is pretty clear). It's blendable; I usually use a "buffing" foundation brush or my fingers to apply this and either way it looks good. Idk, I really like this foundation, and I'd buy it again when I run out, but it's expensive, so I'd say if you're on a budget, you could probably find something better that is either 100% worth every penny or just something less expensive.

on 4/24/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I asked for a sample of this in Shell whilst purchasing a Beach Tint, and I must say this was the best foundation at holding up on my oily T-zone for what I believe was up to five hours, before I noticed breakthrough. And let me tell you this: I did not apply powder over this with fear of caking my face. I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely my forehead and nose looked when in normality it becomes an oil slick by lunch break at work. A reaction I did not receive from the popular Estee Lauder DoubleWear, that just looked and felt awful.
When I did look closer though, there definitely was oil, but it did not go manic and distribute itself on my T-zone, but rather was more disciplined. It made it so easy to just pat a blotting paper on the area to absorb it, but that's where problems surfaced. The sebum seemed to have dissolved the foundation around it, and once I blotted it became an awful mess. Trying to pat and blend whatever was left with clean fingers seemed to make it worse, it just picked up foundation after foundation! It was utterly humiliating, and even though powder helped improve the issue I still got an occasional stare from colleagues.
I thought I had finally found the no-fuss foundation that was a match for my pale olive skin, medium/full coverage, matte without picking up dry patches, and oil controlling all at once. I am not going to give this a rating of 3 because it really is a wonderful product, was it not for the easy smearing. Heartbreaking is an understatement.

on 4/12/2015 2:14:00 PM

I was super disappointed in this product. I went into Sephora looking for a medium/full coverage foundation that would keep me matte and cover acne scars. It did not keep me oil free nor did it cover my acne. It is most definitely not a build-able foundation, and when 2 layers are applied the foundation looks extremely cakey and separates. For it being Becca and for the price of $42 it was an utter dissapointment and I would rather purchase Revlon Colorstay again than to ever repurchase the Becca ever-matte.

on 3/14/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I was looking for a foundation that would cover up my acne scars, stay matte and combat my oily skin while at the same time NOT break me out.

I got this in the shade: Olive. For reference I am the shade Tawny in Estee Lauder Double Wear, Shade #8 in Clinique Stay Matte, Sand in Almay TLC, Shade #203 in MUFE Mat Duo and so forth.
The shade is way too yellow for my light-tan medium skin! I have yellow undertones but this almost made me feel like I was a Simpsons character. I think my skin would fair well with the lighter shades before Olive which are Noisette or Nude I believe.

The coverage is about light-medium. It's definitely not full coverage, if you build it up, it will look cakey.
It doesn't keep you as matte as ELDW would but it holds up fairly well without a primer and setting powder. I definitely think that it would perform better used with a good primer and powder.

The reason why I would not be repurchasing this is because this foundation clogs my pores and it's definitely not for sensitive, acne-prone skin. It didn't give me huge cysts but it did give me clogged pores and an an uneven skin texture. No sense in using makeup that will make my skin worse...

It's going back to Sephora!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's a decent foundation. Very light coverage (does not conceal my acne scars at all) and it is long wearing. However, I find that my skin is still oily after a few hours :( & the foundation begins to separate around my nose, resulting in patches. Mind you, I even added milk of magnesia to my moisturizer PRIOR to applying the foundation, as well as priming with the Becca Ever Matte Perfecting Primer AND setting with a mattifying powder. And to think I added the extra precautions to assure a matte face all day long and it failed. Meh, I will continue to use but I will not repurchase. It's $42!

Pros:
-Long wearing
-Matte for a FEW hours
-Blush/bronzer are still in tact

Cons:
-Doesn't conceal ANYTHING
-Separates around the nose
-Doesn't combat my oil
-Can be cakey if applied a second layer

I got the shade Noisette. For reference, I am Mac NC37-40, Urban Decay Naked Skin 6, Missha Signature/Complete BB Cream in No.27.

3/17/15 - Okay so I ended up applying MORE milk of magnesia prior to applying this foundation and I was oil-free for most of the day except for my nose. I will continue to apply using this method, however I feel that a foundation that claims to be "matte" does not need any extra precautions. Practice what you preach! xo~

on 1/17/2015 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought the Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation after running out of my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation and I'm going to have to stand its glass bottle upside down so that I can get the last drops out of it which is a bit annoying. Which leads me to what I like a lot about the Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation which is its packaging, a soft squeezy tube that keeps out all of the air. I've tried out this foundation so far only once during the winter time and I have very oily skin although these days I use an IUD coil that controls my oiliness a bit. This foundation stayed on my face the whole day and stayed very matte yet I didn't even use a lot of powder at all after I applied it nor did I have to re-touch with powder at all. I'd say this foundation gives the skin a light to medium coverage or medium coverage and its ability to give a person medium coverage or possibly more should be quite good as its texture seems to be buildable.

Around 10 to 11 hours of wear, the area of my face surrounding my nose and the tip of my nose started to shine just a tiny bit but that was all I think. I will need to test this particular foundation for transferability on to white paper and white or light clothes however as I'm not sure because when I wore it the first time I was wearing black and didn't touch any paper. Plus I'd like to see how this foundation will perform during the summer. I'm a MAC NC45, an Estée Lauder Rich Caramel, a Bobbi Brown Warm Almond and a Fashion Fair Butterscotch so my color in Becca is Tobacco. Tobacco is a very good match for me, a light to medium brown with definite yellow undertones without appearing too light or washed out.

on 12/31/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to like this foundation. But alas, 'twas too patchy. In some places, it clung on like crazy, and looked very much like caked foundation. And I don't have any dry patches, so that's not the problem! I think it was actually the little peach fuzz everyone has on their face that it was clinging to. Not cute when you're not trying to look like you have a beard and a mustache. In other places, it looked like there was no foundation on at all. I tried applying with a brush, my fingers, and a beauty blender, and got the same results.

Not blendable at all. I knew I would have to work quick since it's matte, but it felt dry from the second I touched it to my face. I prefer foundations that start out wetter and dry to a matte foundation, which this is not at all.

It is very matte, that is true. However, it looked almost powdery, when I had not applied any powder. Some oil breakthrough on the sides of my nose after a while.

Lasting power is pretty good. I can't account for how it would hold up in hot weather or throughout strenuous activity, but on an average day to day basis, it lasts well.

tl;dr I will be returning this foundation. It is simply too patchy and the coverage isn't even that good. Pros are that it is a true matte foundation and lasts well.

on 11/12/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this foundation. It is creamy (at first) to apply, then dries down to a matte finish. I don't even need powder! It is so fast and easy. It does dry down pretty quick so you do have to spread it fast :)
Hides pores pretty well. Definitely NOT for dry skin people. It will stick to dry patches or skin flaking. Just exfoliate well and moisturize before application. I have light olive skin, and the color Buff is a perfect match on me. Watch out though, it can start to cake later in the day :(

on 10/6/2014 11:20:00 AM

After using bareminerals for years, I went to my local Ulta store and requested a consult. Bareminerals was not working for me anymore as my skin has gotten oiler with age. I was introduced to Becca ever-matte primer and foundation. I am in love! The color is a perfect match. A little goes a long way which made the expensive price easier to swallow. I used a really good foundation brush to apply which gave a light airbrushed feel and appearance. Did not even feel like I had makeup on. It is very buildable so you can get the coverage you want. After applying and wearing all day my makeup still looked fresh as if I just applied. I did not have to touch up at all throughout the day. Oiliness was kept under control.

on 10/2/2014 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been wearing this foundation for a little over three months. I'll use up what I have but I won't be repurchasing. I find this to be too sheer for my taste but too drying to be layered on. The oil control lasts for about four hours for me until I need to blot or power my face. It's a decent foundation overall but for the hefty $42 price tag, I expect much better coverage and lasting power. The only pros that I really like are that this doesn't seem to make me break out and there are a lot colors to choose from. Continuing the search for my HG foundation.