Bath and Body Works Pure Paradise

3.9

on 5/10/2015 6:08:00 AM

This is a really lovely shower gel which smells divine! It smells very light and tropical, with hints of citrus and slightly floral too. I actually think it smells very similar to another of B&BW's shower gels, but struggling to decide which one it is. Possibly 'Carried Away' although this is definitely more fruity.

According to the bottle this has top notes of fresh star fruit, juicy guava and dewy cassis; mid-tone notes of luscious gardenia, frangipani and watery (sp? error on the bottle - possibly this should reader 'water') lily; and dry notes of white musk, blond woods and sun-kissed coconut. As with all the other B&BW shower gels I've tried, this also has shea, aloe vera and vitamin E in it, so it's very kind to skin and has never once dried my skin out or left it feeling dry. Overall, a great shower gel!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because I liked the way it smelled at the store but once I put it on my skin at home I didn't really like it as much. It's "okay."

on 5/15/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a good shower gel!! It smells so fresh & tropical. Great stuff!! I wish I had the body spray & lotion. Not a lot more here i can add than below posters but I positively love the plumeria in this!! Simply lovely & comes highly rec'd. If you enjoyed the Hawaii, Maui, & Oahu scents you may really dig this 1 too.

My fav. :) smells tropical/tanning bed? I can't really describe because I've never smelled anything like it. It's very unique and will catch your senses. Smell it once and you will KNOW if you ver smell it again because it's hard to forget it smells so good! I buy it in the spring/summer time because it's too beachy for winter. My winter fav. Is pink chiffon. <3 try them!!!!!!

on 2/6/2014 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is just an OK scent to me. There is a definite fruity smell but there is a note in this that I hate and I can't put my finger on what it is. It almost smells like yeast underneath all the fruit smell. Maybe I got a bad batch.

on 7/17/2013 8:23:00 PM

This is a scent that is like the ocean on Hawaii. It's floral tropical water like. Shower gels always make me smell nice.

on 5/18/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I occasionally go into BBW just to see what's new. Paradise was right in front.

Maybe this is just me but when I spritzed I couldn't believe it. What is that familiar aroma? I sprayed again just to be sure. Yup. Hairspray. It smells like hairspray. This is what they are touting as perfume.

I wish I could feel bad watching BBW tumble downwards with each new flop, but they discontinued my favorites.

on 5/17/2013 12:40:00 PM

This is the new scent from Bath and Body Works. Consists of starfruit and frangipani (plumeria) and a bit of coconut. A wonderful combination, IMHO. A tropical treat! Also purchased the body cream and fragrance mist. Interesting that the body cream seems to have more of the starfruit scent, and the fragrance mist a bit more of the frangipani. If you enjoy their summery, beachy scents this is not to be missed!