E.L.F. small tapered brush

4.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Blown away by how much I love this and how I often I reach for it!

-set undereye powder
-sculpt cheekbones
-apply powder highlight
-washes well

Dense enough to get product where I want it but not so dense as to be abrasive or cause any shifting or patchiness on my face.

Reading this at 10pm and dying to get your hands on 1?
$3 and a trip to Walmart or Target and it's yours !! :)

on 4/26/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this brush! I got it for contouring and highlighting, which it does beautifully. Well made and sturdy. I bought two more I love it so much!

on 4/1/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Holy grail for setting the undereye'

on 11/21/2014 9:01:00 PM

such a great brush! I used this to apply my highlight and under eye setting powder and its truly a gem, perfectly taperd not to flimsy somewhat dense enough and not prickly or hurts your face just soft like most of e.l.fs studio line brushes. this is amazing for $3.00 very sturdy and well made I have yet to be dissapointed by e.l.f!

on 9/16/2014 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Another stellar brush from elf. This brush is soft with a great size (a bit bigger than the small stipple brush) I've not had any shedding at all after multiple washings.

The small tapered brush has a round body that tapers at the top and feels so good on my face and can be used many ways. I use it for applying powder around my eyes, setting concealer or just finishing a cream base or shadow. It fits so well in and around the orbital bone laying down a soft veil of powder.

I got this on the e.l.f. web site for $3 and you may have to type it in to the search box to find it. I'm stocking up on this gem.

on 6/1/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- soft
- no shedding
- precise application

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: This is an amazing little brush for setting the under eye and applying highlight. I like this way more than the RT setting brush. It's very soft, doesn't shed, and is tapered enough for precise contour into the hollows of the cheeks. It's a great buy. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Will repurchase.

on 4/28/2014 10:24:00 AM

I recently ordered this brush and this is just absolutely great. For such a small price, it works beautifully for highlighter application. It is the perfect size and has the right movement to it. It is neither too stiff nor flimsy. It distributes the highlighter evenly along the cheekbones for a within glow effect. Not to mention that it is very soft. Not exactly the softest brush ever but soft enough. I'm already considering buying another one.Totally love this brush!

on 3/19/2014 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this brush on a lark to round out an online purchase, and was pleasantly surprised that it is the absolute perfect cheek contour brush. The tapered bristles apply contour to the cheek sockets with precision, and the density of the brush makes it possible to blend out the contour as well. The synthetic bristles are soft, easy to clean, hold shape, and I've experienced no shedding since purchasing over a year ago. I use this brush every single day and will definitely purchase more in the future for other uses.

on 3/12/2014 4:21:00 PM

What a great little brush. This is perfect for setting powder under my eyes! You could easily use this to contour as well. I will buy more of these gems. They are by no means AMAZING but for the price of them, they are pretty terrific!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS LIL THANG!
Honestly for $3 I was like ehhh If I like it cool, if I don't-no biggie.
WELL, it turns out that I love this brush-I'm probably going to order not only another one, but more brushes from them.
This brush is perfect! It was honestly just what I wanted. Its small-but not extremely small, VERRRRY soft, not toooo dense and is tapered. #perfection.
In comparison to other brands that sell similar brushes:
Sigmas small tapered highlighter cost $21 (still cheap!), sedona's tulip brush cost around $14, and macs 168 (regular/larger size) cost $53. Now, Sigmas is the closest size wise, and thats 7 times the price of this. Macs brush is probably the most 'tapered' one that retains its shape-this is tapered, but not as much as Mac's.
This is the perfect brush for contouring/highlighting (which is what I use it for).
Its synthetic, soft, doesn't bleed, and has no smell and didn't shed when I initially washed it.
I'd def recommend this if your looking for a small contour/highlighting brush!