Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer

3.9

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera leaf Extract, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Phytantriol, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, May Contain (+/_) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Concealer: Ingredients: Isostearyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Isostearyl Behenate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Polyamide-5, Silica, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Behenate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain (+/_) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 5/14/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stila Stay All Day foundation/concealer unfortunately didn't work for me at all. I have very oily skin and, based on some other reviews, it sounds like it works better on dry skin. The coverage isn't that great then it completely melts off my skin. I also do all the prep (skin cleanse, face serum, primer, etc) and setting with powder, but it just didn't hold at all for me. My skin is definitely hard to fit though. So if you have overall good luck with long wear foundations, you might be able to use this. Also, in other areas like pricing, it's expensive and the spatula dispenser is a little messy and wasteful. I am sticking with Kat Von D Lock It tattoo make up or Make Up Forever Mat Velvet.

on 5/12/2015 10:13:00 AM

I wanted to love this foundation. I really, truly did. I tried so hard. I even bought it! Full price!!! But this foundation does not love me.
I was matched as a hue 5, which surprised me considering I match as a 1 in hourglass and the second shade in most other brands that I have tried, and it gave me a warm slightly tanned look. Which was awesome. But I found the coverage to me lacking for a 'medium coverage' foundation as it barely managed to cover the few breakouts I had along my jaw and on my cheeks.

The other issue was oil control. Even with hourglass veil underneath I was SERIOUSLY OILY within 5 hours! Like powdering over this literally did not even work.

And even though the colour was great and the coverage was bareable, it was this lack of oil control that has forced me to return it. I'm going to try the hourglass illusion instead!

on 4/30/2015 1:19:00 AM

Love, love, love this foundation! Full coverage that actually stays all day. I have dry skin and this helps keep it moisturizer. Also I find compared to other foundations it doesn't oxidize very quickly and turn orange like others I have tried from the drug store. The concealer is awesome as well. The brush is useless but I tend to use a beauty blender for everything anyway.

Stila Stay all Day is a really nice, natural looking foundation when worn at a medium coverage - I feel when I build it up to a full coverage it looks cakey and tends to emphasize my imperfections and pores. The foundation lasts about 4 hours on my oily combination skin in the hot humid city I live in before needing to be blotted/powdered (it still looks good) and then at 10 hours it starts to break up and fade. Additionally, I wouldn't say this is matte - more so demi matte/satiny; however, that's probably due to my skin and the weather.

The concealer is brightening for under eye areas but does need to be set with an under eye powder or it will crease.

The brush it comes with is useless but I actually really liked the spatula applicator.

Overall I quite like this foundation but it's probably not worth the price tag. (59 AUD)

on 2/18/2015 8:27:00 PM

Just returned this to Ulta today after giving this a fair shot. I tried it without setting (this actually lasted the longest if I didn't touch my face at all), setting with cover fx (it got blotchy and disappeared within 3 hours) and setting with ben nye final seal (this was the grossest result - my skin was flaky and looked disgusting) I wanted to love this SO BADLY. I forked over the $44 at Ulta for it, and actually really liked the little scoop that is part of the cap and used to get the foundation out of the bottle. It has a super thick consistency that got me really excited, but honestly reminds me of an NYC foundation that I can't remember the name of. It goes on well and looks great for about 20 minutes. After that, all bets are off. I have very sensitive and very dry skin, and At the end of the day, it didn't stay on (and certainly didn't have $44 worth of staying power) and broke me out. I had high hopes but this one just didn't work for me at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my holy grail foundation.
Full coverage and doesn't break me out whatsoever.
I discard the concealer as I buy a very light and very dark Stila foundation therefore neither match my skintone - so I can't comment on this.
I mix both the light and dark together dependent on how tanned I am.
I work on stage and this foundation applied using a real techniques stippling brush is a godsend. Literally stays on all day and gives excellent coverage without looking too cakey like some other high end foundations.
I have very oily skin therefore top up my powder in problem areas throughout the day just to stop shininess (nose, forehead) but this foundation DEFINITELY minimizes the need for this - I top up once a day if that.

on 1/28/2015 12:59:00 AM

Well I have heard great things about this product and finally decided to try it out.
Honestly, I was thinking it would be amazing, but it's kinda 'Meh' for me.
The container is plastic, the package it all came in was like brown cardboard.

Before putting on the foundation and concealer, I washed my face and put on Nivea daytime moisturiser.
I put on one application of the foundation onto my foundation palate - the container has a spoon like applicator instead of the pump that I am use to.
After one application, you can see the natural tones come through - Decided to just stick to the one application for the day.
I applied the concealer with a small facial brush and blended - it worked okay but the dark circles still came through a little which I didn't like much.

During the day I noticed that the foundation had 'faded' a little and with the slightest touch, I would have transfer of foundation to my hand or fingers - not a fan about this.
It leaves a slight oily finish on my face which I wasn't a fan of - even after a little translucent powder added after foundation applied.
Seems to be very easy to move on the skin and you can see streaks if you bump it even slightly.

So far, I am not necessarily impressed with the product, but I will be trying a few more applications and different setting techniques to see if my opinion changes.

on 11/26/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

i like this stuff, but i wouldn't say i love it. it's not exceptional for skin like mine. i have incredibly sensitive combination skin and my chin is prone to breakouts. i didn't have any strange reactions to this foundation, fortunately. it's about as standard as some drug store products i've tried. i got matched at high end make up place up the street from where i live and the lady was raving about how there wasn't even a line and how it was a perfect match for my skin. so, i decided to go for it and buy a bottle of it. i wouldn't say it was worth 50$ but that's okay.
for this particular foundation, i apply a gentle lotion beforehand and top it off with mineral setting powder and it lasts for hours on end. without the mineral powder, however, the makeup won't stay in place on my face. it just slides right off after a mere hour. the coverage is good, but it needs a little somethin' to help it stay.
i had a recent allergic reaction and this stuff saved my butt with it's great coverage, so i don't regret the purchase but i think i'll try something different next time.
lastly, i dislike the concealer, though. it doesn't do anything for my blemishes.

on 11/25/2014 7:59:00 AM

When I first starting using this product I was unsure. The foundation is a bit thicker then the other foundations I've used. I usually use a flat top brush to apply my foundation, but with this foundation I find using a sponge or my fingers works best in application. A good Medium coverage. I have the lightest shade Bare, and it matches my winter skin the best. It stays most of the day, about 8 hours. The finish is slightly dewy, which I like.

Not a huge fan of the concealer, it is a bit thick and not good for under eye, but it is good for acne scars.

on 11/11/2014 6:46:00 PM

I like this product quite a bit. I have dry, slightly sensitive skin and thus works wonders for my skin!!! I use it over porefessional primer and I use the porefessional powder over it and my skin looks amazing!!!! I bought it as an impulse buy but so happy I did. The packaging is a little annoying with the concealer on the cap but it has a nice medium coverage and the foundation can give you a medium-full coverage. Wouldn't recommend for people with oily skin but for people with dry skin this is the product for you!!