Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

3.1

I'm a lipstick addict and THIS is my HG color. I love, love, love this shade - it is always perfect, as is the texture. It is a "bright" that is also quite natural and wearable. LOVE IT!

on 1/1/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I'm an nc30 and it's a pretty good MLBB colour. Not perfect but good. If you wear it really sheer or blotted its a great stain, or a nice everyday colour full strength. It's strongly scented but I like it. It's the LM creme brûlée scent

on 8/22/2014 4:48:00 PM

This is so pretty. At this point in my life I have had to forgo anything that is brownish or dark for colors that brighten like coral, peach and pink. I look for lipstick that imparts color but is sheer and comfortable. This one is just perfect. I wear it in a thin layer with balm under and on top and I just simply feel good about how it looks. I can't comment on longevity of wear because I have never, ever found anything that stays on my lips probably because of how little I tend to use at any one time and the balm I apply before and after. So based on a thin application of this color topped with balm I rate it very high. I am fair, blue-eyed, and have medium brown hair.

on 4/25/2013 2:30:00 PM

This lipstick is a little on the pricey side which i dont usually go for
But its such a nice lipstick, very pigmented and long lasting
Almost shimmery but not the kind of shimmer that looks like you have glitter on your lips-more of just a sheen look
Very silky and feels great on the lips

on 3/20/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was disappointed because it looks so pretty in the tube, but it also turned an insane NEON fuschia color on me (NC20). It was an impulse buy - I should've checked MUA first!

on 2/5/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For ref: nc15/20ish leaning neutral, dark hair & eyes. First off, I don't like heavy opaque lipsticks and prefer sheer, natural-looking lippies such as Clinique Black Honey and this fits the bill. I generally can't wear cool-toned colors but this works for me and ends up being a medium neutral rose color, not red. When I first swipe it on it looks too bright/fuschia, however when I blot it down with my fingers my natural lip color comes through a bit and it magically transforms into a flattering ylbb stain (that lasts at least 4 hrs on me). The lip sheers are unique in that they make your lips look smooth and full without a heavy gloss-like finish. I'm pretty sensitive to fragrance but I don't smell anything. Can't wait to try the Bare lips and Tender lips. I bought this @ the Sephora b&m store but online they don't offer this color.

on 9/8/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This poor lipstick gets no love, but I am here to throw some adoration its way. I always test a new lipstick color on a face with no makeup. If it's face and eye brightening, it's a keeper, and Healthy Lips does just that. It works very well on my pigmented, medium-rosy, cool lips and settles down as a mid-toned rose with a hint of red--what I had hoped Laura Mercier's 'Mistress' would be like, which was slightly too warm. for me. I see no brown or beige in Healthy Lips. To be sure, this is a cool lipstick, and I can see how it might turn fuchsia on some lips that have a lot of blue in them. Surprisingly, it does not turn fuchsia on my bluish lips (like Julie Hewett's gorgeous 'Lulu' does).

The texture is not exactly a sheer lipstick, as advertised, but it is smooth and non drying--and I make my lipsticks work hard. (I wear them as lip balm). When it fades, it leaves behind a lovely stain, so often I just pop a bit of balm or gloss on top when I want to add moisture back to my lips, such as after eating.

on 8/8/2010 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am surprised that Health Lips has such a low rating. I usually buy this lipstick 2 at a time - I have them in my kitchen drawer, my purse, in my makeup cabinet, in my work bag. It's such a flattering, natural colour and the texture is very moisturising. Yes, the colour doesn't last and needs to be reapplied often but that's the only negative thing I can say about this lippy.

on 10/18/2009 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

The one lipstick I always return to. Works both days at work or for the evening. I first put on a lipbalm (Bepanthen works wonders) and this one. Wow! Makes my lips smooth and natural looking, like my lips but better. I really like the smell! Perfect color, suits my olive skin.

on 8/28/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This color is purplish, fuschia on me. I have light olive skin with yellow under tones which takes warm colors very well. Since this turn "dead" on me, I would say it sure is a cool color. Texture is not at all like the other sheer LM lipsticks, this one even though is sheer, feels kind of heavy. I could feel it dragging across my lips upon application, not the smooth slide that I would expect from this LM line of stick glosses. Drying on the lips too. And it's not shimmery or glossy looking. What a waste of money, since I love the other sheer LM lipsticks (also have Poppy, Baked Earth, Pomegranate, Rosewater and Tender Lips). But I've discovered that if I apply the LM Rosewater on top after applying this, the end result is really nice. Rosewater is a creamier, shinier shimmery pale light pink, so it came out pinkish dark rose with some subtle shimmer. Takes out the drying feel of the Sheer Healthy Lips too. So if you have this colour and you are disappointed with it like the other reviewers, and you also have the Rosewater (which is also great for days when I go for heavy, smoky eyes), try using the Rosewater on top of this. Not bad at all.

Popular Lipsticks