Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer

4.3

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Lactobionic Acid, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Acetyl Glucosamine, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Squalane, Pantethine, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, DI-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 4/17/2015 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Even though I voted yes to re-purchasing this product, Clinique has revamped it and it's now called Turnaround Revitalizing Serum. Apparently the Revitalizing Serum still has the same ingredients as the Concentrate Radiance Renewer but with just a bit less salicylic acid.

I should have jumped on the Concentrate Radiance Renewer bandwagon a lot sooner than I did. This stuff is fantastic and despite the price tag ($50 CAD for 30ml/1 oz), I do think it's worth it. (gwp time is great) I hope the Revitalizing Serum is just as great.

I have very sensitive skin with rosacea with flare ups becoming more pronounced in the past few years due to perimenopause.
My skin can't tolerate too much exfoliation as that aggravates my rosacea and this is where the Concentrate Radiance Renewer is ideal for me. If you find Paula's Choice BHA solution too drying, this serum might be a better alternative. Paula Begoun seems to be keen on exfoliant skin care products with a high enough salicylic acid as they're more effective in her opinion. Personally, the lower the exfoliant content, the better it is for my skin because it has a low tolerance level.

The Radiance Renewer gives my skin that gentle exfoliation without giving me dry, flaky skin. I use just a small drop all over my face every night and the next day, my skin looks fresh and smooth. Those marionette lines look less pronounced too.
My makeup definitely goes on better and stays on better as well.

A definite winner in my skin care regime.

on 3/26/2015 8:22:00 AM

This is my favorite facial care product. If I had to choose only one, it would definitely be this one. It's a 2in1 product: a great exfoliator plus a really good serum.
My skin doesn't tolerate BHA, it gives me huge pimples. AHA is OK, but nothing outstanding considering the effect. AHA causes photosensitivity, so I don't really like to use it either. I feel stupid when I use a product just to need another one (high SPF sunscreen).
This product contains lactobionic acid, which is a mild exfoliator, and to my knowledge doesn't cause photosensitivity.
I use it every day, and I haven't experienced any irritation. It makes my skin much smoother, softer, more radiant (yes, I find the claim in the name true) and more even-toned. For me it worked the first time I used it, didn't need to wait for seeing results. It needs to be used constantly. When I don't use it for a while, my skin becomes duller and grayish in color.
Those who have dry skin need a moisturizer after using this, but only because it is made for all skin types so it's not very moisturizing. Unlike other exfoliators it doesn't have a drying effect.
EDIT: I've just recognized that this product contains BHA (salicylic acid) somewhere in the middle of the ingredients' list. BHA products normally give me irritation, but in this case I really haven't experienced any.

on 12/11/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this product. I use it in conjunction with Avene Triacneal. My pores aren't as large, my blemishes have started fading, it gives such a nice glow to my face in the morning especially when applied at night. AHA's/BHA's are a bit harsh on my skin so I opted for a PHA product and it works amazingly well for my dry normal to oily t zone, sensitive and acne prone skin. Don't use too much or you'll flake. No scent, serum is very light and has no tacky feeling or any residue.

on 12/7/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

When Clinique Turnaround first came out, and for years afterward, it was a powerhouse exfoliant. I remember being at the Clinique counter while people were returning the cream, complaining about the "flaking" it caused, etc., but, for me it was an amazing potion. Clinique then came out with a Turnaround lotion for acne-prone skin and, for the first time ever, I had a completely clear forehead. I know I have "resistant" skin, but this serum is so feeble. Even used regularly with Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3, the concentration of salicylic acid feels too mild to exfoliate as much as I would like. I needed two pumps per application to feel like I was giving decent coverage for my face and neck, and I ran out of lotion in two weeks!

on 10/5/2014 4:40:00 PM

Obsessed. Makes your skin silky soft for applying moisturizer and make up after. I had a bad breakout and started using this in conjunction with the clinique even better essence lotion and noticed a dramatic difference in the texture of my skin.

on 4/7/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I am so surprised this product does not get more love from us older ladies. I am nearly 55, dry skin that has it's share of dullness, discoloration, and occasional hormonal acne near the jaw line. A long time ago I used Renova with good results, but the past few years it's been too strong. After Renova I tried all sorts of glycolic products, mostly high-end and found that they all eventually irritated my skin, causing breakouts, redness, and worsened dryness. A few months ago a SA at Sephora recommended this product to me. I thought it was pretty expensive, especially since I've tried to switch to drugstore products for most skincare and cosmetics due to my personal worsening economy. But, Sephora has a wonderful return policy, so I bit the bullet and bought it. A week later I assigned this HG status. My skin almost immediately looked fresher, and dare I say, more radiant! This product actually did what it said it would! Since using this, I have actually found that my skin looks good enough to wear a tinted moisturizer or BB cream without concealer, powder, etc. It actually glows. I have had no irritation from this at all. The serum has no fragrance. It feels like a primer going on, spreads easily. One pump does my whole face. It is not moisturizing, so I do have to put my regular moisturizer with sunscreen over it (I use it in the morning). Definitely would re-buy, in fact I did today! I encourage you older ladies to give this a try for a mild exfoliation that leads to a glowing complexion. Five lippies overall, five for packaging, but three for price. However, it is very much worth it to me! I buy all my other skincare from the drugstore, but this is worth a trip to the mall..

on 4/5/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Unfortunately this was too harsh for my sensitive skin, it caused redness and irritation after a couple of uses. I should note that I have dry skin and rosacea, so I usually don't fare well with exfoliating products. Bummer!

on 3/21/2014 6:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm a bit confused with the name of this product as there is a similar one listed here on MUA, so my review goes for the turnaround serum in the pump bottle.
this is a serious life saver, period. I bought it a year ago when my skin was looking horrible, it had everything under the sun: horrendously large pores, pimples, oily and dry patches, grayness, etc. I would have never thought about buying a runny serum targeted at drier skins, but the skin analyser tool on the us website recommended me this, and after struggling with various other chemical peels I thought I would give it a go. And it worked, seriously, I cannot elaborate on this more. This is the first skincare product ever, that had any (positive) effect on my skin. I'm giving it 4 stars as the pump is not always working properly, and it is so outrageously expensive, that I simply cannot afford this. When I run out and cannot buy a replacement straight away, my skin is crying and dying (happening right now).

on 2/24/2014 5:55:00 PM

I have bought this numerous times and each time it's been completely worth it. I started with the Turnaround Concentrate which was a great product in and of itself and then it was discontinued but this one was released. The main difference for me is this one has a shimmer to it that is visible on the skin immediately. It's not too much, just subtle. It's great on freshly exfoliated skin and is a terrific base for a base, either foundation or moisturizer (I sometimes use Strobe Cream on top). I would buy again in a heartbeat.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Some background on me: I'm 33 years old and have combination skin that leans toward the dry side in winters and normal to oily in the summers. I don't get acne breakouts but I do have "lazy" skin that needs daily exfoliation just to look normal (I could never get by on the recommendation of once a week exfoliation - by skin would be dull and awful and just miserable looking). I do have sunspots (one in particular that drives me bonkers!).

Clinique's promise: "Fast acting exfoliating serum instantly creates a luminous-from-within radiance. Reveals skin's finest texture, too. Works to optimise natural cell renewal, gently, continually, unveiling skin that's brighter, healthier, more uniform. Becomes softer, younger over time." (as retrieved from Clinique's website)

My personal experience: I used this day and night for months until the bottle ran out.

The texture is a thick fluid serum and glides on just like a primer (there has to be silicone in there). You can immediately apply your makeup over this and it will not cause those little "crumbs" (but of course, don't rub and scrub your foundation in too hard, because then it just might). I didn't experience any of the promised "luminous-from-within radiance", nor any of the other promises of "brighter, healthier, more uniform" skin.

My sunspots and freckles haven't budged. The overall tone and uniformity of my skin are exactly as they are prior to having started using this product. My skin is still dull and lacking in radiance. And now there's a speck of a dry patch on my cheeks (where the under eyes and cheeks meet - but this could be the fault of my eye gel - so I'll let it go).

Overall Clinique's Turnaround Concentrate hasn't delivered on any of its promises even after use of a full sized bottle. So of course I will not be repurchasing or recommending this product to anyone.

Popular Treatments (Face)