Sonia Kashuk Instructional Eye on Neutral Palette

4.2

Talc, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Caprylyl Methicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zeolite, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, C12-18 Acid Triglyceride, Sorbic Acid, Synthetic Beeswax, Hexylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Carmine, Zinc Oxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake.

A great all matte palette! I got mine from the target website, and I knew right away I would love it. All of the shadows are extremely pigmented, super soft and easy to blend! The 3rd and 4th rows of shadows are extremely impressive. I gave packaging quality a low rating because along with this palette I also ordered the Eye On Neutral Shimmer Palette and it came completely shattered!!!! I recommend purchasing this in store.

on 3/24/2014 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Let me start by saying I was on the verge of investing in a more expensive all matte palette and didn't have a problem spending the money on high quality shadows.
One day at Target I eyed the Sonia Kashuk Instructional palette for $20.00. Bought it, took it home, and when I swatched the colors... Excited!
The next day was the true test. I used as many hues as I could without primer, and a brown and black wet for liner. The pigment was strong and the blending a dream. (some reviews have said these shadows are dry/powdery), not so. They aren't the creamiest feel, but they are soft and smooth on the eye and that's what counts. Sometimes the soft eyeshadows have fall out or don't last.
I was amazed at the range of shadows from highlight, to transitional, contour, crease to liner.
The neutral palette has 12 colors that include a creamy highlight, nude tones, mid tones, browns that aren't repetitive, and an essential inclusion of a gray and a black. (not one dud in the bunch)
The shadows lasted all day until I took them off. This SK palette can be used for any look you could want at any age.

on 1/29/2014 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a very good palette if you're into matte neutrals, and to mix with shimmery shadows. While I think the choice of colors is great I find it a bit hard for some of them to really show. With the lighter shades I have to keep picking it up with a brush and packing it on until it kind of shows, and some of them are a bit chalky at least for someone with dry lids like me. The darker shades are good and they do last a long time with primer. I think for $20 it's a good buy but I wish some of them weren't as dry.

on 1/20/2014 12:52:00 PM

ABOUT ME: I have small, hooded, blue eyes and very pale skin with brunette hair. My lids are on the drier side.

COLOR - The colors in this are perfect. What I mean by that is, you can find a color for almost every need on your face. I use this for contouring, lining my eyes, eyeshadow, and for defining my brows. The only color that I do not use is the grey, and that is because of my skin coloring not agreeing with any greys or taupes.

APPLICATION - I suppose these are a little chalkier than some more expensive matte eyeshadows. However, that is never a problem for me because I don't use it exclusively. I would not recommend using this palette alone for eye looks, I use this as a base and for defining my eyes, along with other eyeshadow as needed.

STAYING POWER - With use of a primer, I have had no problems with this creasing or migrating.

QUALITY - Many people complain about the quility of the eyeshadow in this palette. I love them, because there is much less fallout than with LORAC Pro for example. I think the more high/med end eyeshadows that are the most similar to these shadows are the Laura Mercier mattes.

OVERALL - There are so few all matte shadow palettes and this one is one of the better ones. I use it everyday. Try it out!

on 1/6/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this palette! I love the fact that it is composed of entirely matte shades (because they are so find to find). Each shade is so velvety smooth and quite pigmented! It's such a popular palette so I had to return to Target a few times to find it. I gave it four lippies for the packaging because it was slightly bulky (due to the instructional packet) but it was easily depotted to my customizable eyeshadow palette. Wonderful product, would recommend it completely! :D

on 1/2/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

The idea of this palette is lovely. The pick of colors is fantastic. I love what this could have been.

That being said the eyeshadows are chalky and the color pay off is lacking. Even with primer these eyeshadows are gone from my lids within a few hours.

If some how Wet N Wild or MAC could recreate this I'd be in heaven.

on 12/17/2013 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The only colors I got any use out of were the bottom six compared to all 12 of the ones in Naked. I don't think they blend as well and although the color payoff is good, the darker shades can look a little muddy even on me. Bottom line for me is this palette, even though I somewhat liked it when I first got it, once I purchased Naked there really is no comparison in my opinion.

on 12/11/2013 4:55:00 PM

This palette is great! It's a cheap one but the pigmentation and texture are just the same as my nicer palettes ( stila and Kat von d for reference). I would consider myself at an intermediate level of skill with shadow, and I don't have a hard time blending these at all! I also have had no problems with fallout so far If you're looking for all mats this is one of the only things I've seen that are just matte and still has a lot of colors. If you're thinking about it go ahead, target will take it back anyway!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG palette! The pigmentation is good, the variety of shades is good and the fact that all the shades are matte, for me is fantastic! I use this palette and these shadows more than I use any other shadows in my collection. I reach for it automatically. The shadows have a soft, silky texture that I really like and I have yet to find a matte black shadow I like better than the one in this palette. I will definitely repurchase this and it'll stay my go to palette.

on 7/5/2013 10:24:00 PM

It's really, really useful to have a set of matte eyeshadows around like this, that range from cool to warm- especially at a reasonable, affordable price. I reach for this thing all the time, several times a week for sure. There are so many uses for matte neutral eyeshadows, I usually use matte colours for my crease and for blending/transitional purposes, and with such an array of shades, it's easy to find a shadow that will match and coordinate with your look. I also sometimes use a small face brush to use the cool matte shades to lightly contour my face with, works great for that.

That being said- the actual quality of the eyeshadows are good but not exceptional- these are not the rich, buttery, pigmented shades that you would find from, say, urban decay. Some truly are great, but there are others that are somewhat dry and lacking blendability. Nothing that would stop me from recommending this palette, and I'm nothing if not picky about eyeshadows.

Overall: It this thing wonderfully useful? Hell yes. Is it exceptional quality? I wouldn't go that far. If you want mattes with better quality, maybe check out TheBalm Meet Matte Nude.

Popular Palettes