Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet

4.8

on 4/6/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this in #46 La Malicieuse. It is a raspberry pink shade. Normally I am not a fan of matte lipsticks, but I find that this is not overly dry, crumbly or powdery and can still feel comfortable on the lips. I wouldn't wear this if my lips were in poor condition, but then again most lipsticks look bad on poor lips regardless of the finish. I find this lasts a decent while and it does leave a stain too. Has good pigmentation and it feels like smooth velvet on the lips. Only gripe is that it does not apply perfectly as I need a few swipes as the first does not provide even application. This is a small issue though and is fixed with subsequent swipes. I also thought it would be a bit more pigmented given that it is matte but it is nothing that I am too upset about.

on 1/15/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought my first Rouge Velvet yesterday, the limited edition #49 from the Spring 2015 collection. It's a coral red pink, this punched up colour that I could only achieve by mixing a few lippies in the past. The texture honestly is insane! Nothing else (YSL, Tom Ford, Dior, NARS, MUFE) has this finish. It stays forever. Even the price isn't bad compared to how much I spend on Tom Ford lipsticks. I will try a other colour in the Summer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hands down the best lipstick I have ever used, and worth the $40 Cdn. I have Rouge Allure Velvet in the new colour for spring 2015, #50 Romanesque. It's a bold fuschia. It's gorgeous, gives me such lovely colour and what a gorgeous compliment to my pale skin and blue eyes.

But aside from the glorious colour, it's the feel of this velvety lipstick that has me swooning. It glides on like butter - but without any shine or goopiness. And it lasts a long time. No need to constantly reapply. I've been wearing the lipstick for five hours now, running around town. My lips feel perfectly soothed and wonderful - no dryness, just that gorgeous colour.

I will repurchase for SURE. Now what am I going to do with the rest of my lipstick stash? I have lipsticks from nearly every brand - and none of them compare to this, my lovely and extraordinary Rouge Allure Velvet.

on 12/30/2014 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

It's my first Chanel lipstick, I basically wanted to know the fuss about it.
I bought a limited edition - La Flamboyante (337), a red with pink tone on the tube, but actually more of orangey tone on my lips, which I'm happy with.

The lipstick glides on smoothly, color pigment is quite good, semi matte, a bit moisturizing still. Packaging is classy and very ladylike.
For me, YSL Rouge Pur Couture has better color payoff than this one.

It's going to be an easy go-to lipstick, but since I have tried quite a lot of brand of red lipstick, I should say Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet is on not my Top 5.
With cheaper price, NARS is way more pigmented and stay put without over drying.
It's still a really good lipstick but I won't buy more of this for sure.

on 11/13/2014 2:31:00 PM

I can't help but to keep purchasing these lipsticks they are so moisturizing and the colors are beautiful

on 10/9/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lipstick is a miracle! I purchased Líamoureuse and absolutely loved the colour. More importantly I have very very dry lips and therefore have to be very picky about my lipstick, this lipstick however is very moisturizing, my lips donít get dried or cracked! Also this lipstick lasts forever! It applies evenly and smoothly. I have tried many lipstick brands and I have to say Chanel is defiantly one of my favorites.

on 7/22/2014 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Unlike most lipsticks with a matte/velvet finish; this one is quite moisturizing. I can even wear this on days when my lips are slightly dry without getting chapped lips. And it stays on for hours and hours(without eating of course). I have this in the color La Diva, it's super-pigmented and the finish is flawless. Simply the perfect matte/velvet lipstick.

on 5/29/2014 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Most lipsticks I have always makes my lips dry and chapped. But not this one. It is so moisturising that I feel my lips is softer after I have applied then without anything on my lips.

on 5/13/2014 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i am a poor student but i still own three of these!!!!
theyre perfect and well worth forking out for because the texture is dreamy. it really is velvety. they have a good selection of colours...the counter girl was shocked to see how nice the lipstick looks on a slightly moisturised lip...the lipstick goes on much better if you wear a tiny bit of non sticky lipbalm such as blistex etc. it really is my HG of lipstick and i've tried so many different types. this really is THE ONE !!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love this line of mattes. Velvety, goes on easily, doesn't pull or dry out. I bought La Malicieuse, #46, the new pink red for spring 2014. It is bright, but not overly so, super lovely blue base red/pink. I love these lipsticks because they go on and they don't dry out the lips and I do not need liners or glosses or anything else, just put on and go, no mistakes. Lovely case, hey I have about 50 Chanel lipsticks but this Velvet line is by far, my favorite. Going to buy another color today...

Popular Lipsticks