DERMAdoctor Litmus Test Replenishing Toner with Glycolic & Lactic Acid

2.8

Aqua (Water), SDA-40B Alcohol, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Allantoin, Oleanolic Acid, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Dimethicone Copolyol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Carbomer, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 3/16/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has completely changed my skin. I'm very sensitive to fragrances, toners, lotions, etc. In the past I've tossed glycolic acid toners. But this works perfectly and my skin is amazing now. I never had acne really until my 30s and then started to see some hormonal acne and dry skin along my chin line. Plus the texture of my skin was dry and just not what I wanted no matter how much I exfoliated.

What I do is only use 3-4 pumps of this on a round cotton toner pad. The pad will still feel dry, but this is enough for my entire face and neck. It won't feel like you're wiping your face with a wet pad of toner. I only use this every other night. On the off day I use Clinique's 7 Day Face Scrub and Clinique's Turn Around Concentrate.

I no longer have any acne whatsoever and the dry patches on the sides of my face are gone. Because I use so little of this toner it lasts forever and my face does tingle, but I don't have stinging as I have had with other glycolic acid toners. I'm seriously in love with this stuff!

on 2/20/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I finished a full 5 oz bottle of this toner. I use glycolic acid on my acne prone skin on a daily basis. This an alcohol free, but too drying for my skin.

Does tighten pores, but stings horribly. (Note I use glycolic acid serum nightly, and have done so for years without stinging-PTR product)

I do like the pump bottle design which is the only plus in my book. As for now I'm still using the toner from Proactive as my glycolic acid toner.

on 12/28/2013 1:49:00 PM

Let me start by saying this product is not for the faint hearted, it packs a powerful punch. Yes it does sting a bit upon application and for a bit afterward and must be used in conjunction with a good moisturizer. The silver lining is pores so tight that my skin appears nearly pore less! Trust me when I say, that prior to finding and using this line of skin care, the pores along my T-Zone were far from being invisible. They did improve greatly with LUSH's Aqua Marine but DERMAdoctor's LitmusTest line has taken my skin to a level I have never before experienced. I have been using these products 2x daily and will be reducing to 1x daily after the new year because I don't want to dry out my skin during the winter months.

The exfoliating properties of this line promote cellular turnover and greatly improve acne prone skin and early signs of aging. I really think that after the last bit of a breakout clears from my chin, I will feel confident enough to go out without foundation.

The only downfall, and reason I didn't give it 5 lippies, is the smell! I can't apply the moisturizer fast enough to counteract the smell from the toner. Regardless, it is still a wonderful product and I will definitely be repurchasing. I also love the bottle this comes in and will be keeping all the empties and putting them into service for stuff like eye make-up removers, etc.

on 10/26/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This was a great diappointement for me. I love glycolic acid in my skincare, even more, I love lactic acid. I thought the combination of the 2 in a toner would make me reap benefits...Wrong. This toner is awful. It will sting, leave your skin dry and itchy...not something you want to happen when you just washed your face! And it is an expensive toner to add insult to injury, $35 for 5.oz? SMH!
The only good thing I have to say about this toner is that I LOVE the bottle. The push up pump in the middle is a gorgeous and so pratical concept, it's perfect for dosage. In fact, I have transferred my badescu glycolic toner into it. I will never buy this toner again, but will keep that bottle for years!

on 9/9/2011 12:35:00 AM

I can't use this toner at all because every time I do it stings my skin very badly! And not just in the dry areas...even in my oily t-zone. I really wanted to like this line because the concept is just awesome...and I love glycolic acid in my face products. But this one just failed. Wish I wouldn't have shelled out the bucks for this one. Really disappointed in DermaDoctor for this. :(