Sephora waterproof retractable eye brow pencil

4.6

I'm not one of those people that big on doing my brows. I naturally have very full brows and need the brow pencil mostly to lighten up the color, my natural brows are a lot darker then my light brown hair color. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something like the brow wiz because I don't really need but I wanted something a little better than the drugstore brands. I really like this, I got the light brown shade and it does what I need it too do and it lasts until I wash it off at night.

on 4/17/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

WHAAAAT?! Why does no one ever talk about this gem?! I know why, because it's been overshadowed by the Brow Wiz. Don't get me wrong the Brow Wiz will always be my favorite. Ever since I dyed my virgin black hair to a sort-of caramel color, I went through a huge brow crisis. I still had the Brow Wiz in Granite that matched my black hair perfectly as well as my Lioele Brow pencil in Gray/Black but I didn't want to shell out another $21 especially in the experimental phase. Long story short, I was browsing the Sephora section inside JcPenny and came across something that reminded me an awful lot of the Brow Wiz for about $7 less. I swatched a few shades on my hand and was immediately surprised at how ashy the colors were with no hint of red undertones. I went with Nutmeg Brown and it matches my hair perfectly. Also, this thing did not budge even after washing my hands of the swatch the next day. Just a note to be careful with this pencil. The tip is very fine and it is VERY pigmented so it's best to work in short strokes to avoid the "Sharpie" brow look. The main difference I would say between this and the BW is that the BW is not as pigmented and "waxy" so it's easier to build up where as this pencil deposits a ton of color in one swipe. This might not offer the same range of colors as ABH but if you do find a shade that works for you, I highly recommend giving this pencil a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wasn't sure which color would suit me so I purchased both midnight brown and soft charcoal during the sephora friends and family sale. I'm NC25, Asian, with black hair that has not been dyed. Soft charcoal was the more natural looking color for me. Midnight brown was just a smidge too brown, but still doable (I ended up keeping both). The formula is great! It is a harder pencil that is very skinny, making precision application a snap. It stays on very well once applied.
So this is a pretty great pencil. However, I'll never repurchase it. "Why?" you ask. Because it ran out in literally 1 month. I've never run out of a full sized beauty product in 1 month. I don't over-zealously pencil in my eyebrows. I don't even pencil in my eyebrows every day. The pencil only contains a minuscule 0.003 oz of product. Incidentally, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz contains the same amount of product, but is even more expensive. So, the Sephora pencil is a good alternative to the Anastasia if you want to save a couple of bucks, but I'll be skipping both.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Easy to use plus it looks natural and amazing! Would recommend to anyone!

on 11/10/2014 9:25:00 PM

Absolutely love this product! It is easy to apply with and the finish look is very natural. It is a good price and it stays on for hours!

on 7/29/2014 6:33:00 AM

Just finished my 3rd stick of this, and I'm so glad I found it! I have dark, but very fine eyebrow hairs, so all I do is fill in, not shape or anything. It looks very natural, but use a light hand. I would definitely recommend this to everyone. Hope this helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is sooo good! It's waterproof, smudge proof and for the price, it's much better than some of the other ones that I've tried. I use the color midnight brown and it's a perfect fit for me. I highly recommend it!

Please watch my spring look using this!

on 4/11/2014 4:20:00 PM

This is my HG brow pencil. I love that this product doesn't require a sharpener and has a built in brow comb. The perfect thing for traveling! I have medium brown hair and depending on the undertones I have, I use either 02 Nutmeg (gold undertones) or 03 Chestnut (red undertones). The fine point means you can really control the application to make your brows look really natural. I have always had a hard time finding a brow pencil in drugstores that's the correct shade. I will buy this Sephora pencil until they get rid of it! Worth the slightly higher cost than drugstore pencils.

I love this! Have it in honey blond. Works amazingly well. Just ran out though. Wish there was more product. When I have the money, I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/6/2013 12:49:00 PM

Great price, good color selection, easy to travel with!

Popular Brows Products