Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow TOPKAPI Collection Byzance de Chanel

4.7

on 10/5/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Truthfully, I was never a fan of Chanel quads, but this one is different. The pigmentation is amazing. The texture is buttery smooth. And it looks beautiful. Plus it has a gorgeous taupe shade in it <3

on 2/24/2012 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of chanel's best shadow quads (other would be Beiges). Bad things: Topkapi was LE and very hard to find. Also the dark brown shadow fell out of the pan. I had to add alcohol and press it down, let it settle. That fixed it. The colors: 1) the most beautiful true gold with glitter, highly pigmented 2) medium brown shimmer 3) shimmery taupe that is slightly metallic and silvery 4) dark charcoal brown. I like to wear the gold on inner lid, med brown on rest of lid blended up into crease, dark brown in outer corner. I also love to wear the taupe on lid, med brown on outer lid into crease, dark brown to line outer edge. The dark brown makes a great liner! (upper or lower). Don't pass this sucker up if you have the chance!

on 1/6/2012 3:17:00 PM

This is a really beautiful quad. The range of colors is such that you can either do a great, more neutral (but still colored - not beige!) eye for day, or you can do a more glamorous smokey dark eye for night using the darkest shade. I find that I at times buy tons of variations on brown/tan shadows, but these are really lovely. There's a shimmer to them that enhances the color, and the formulation is very smooth. There's no fallout, though - they're not sparkly, just smoothly shimmery. I believe at this point it would be an eBay find only - it should be gone from all stores, but I would definitely recommend it. Oddly, I also like using the chanel sponge applicators that come with, although for any fancier highlighting or shading techniques, they really don't do the trick at all. I would buy this quad again in a heartbeat, and almost wish I had bought two!

on 11/18/2011 9:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this - very versatile quad you can create so many looks from. The quality is quite nice & smooth. I notice minimal fading & no creasing. I get lots of compliments when I wear this.. Overall I'd buy it again.

on 10/13/2011 12:40:00 PM

I work in cosmetics and must wear makeup when I'm on the floor, and it's this product I reach for every time. It may look simple but I can create so many looks for day and night. Fun or sophisticated. I love it. Great quality eye shadows. Smooth and easy to blend. Yes it is pricey but in my opinion, worth it. I even bought a back up before it was sold out.

on 9/25/2011 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had no idea I would love this quad so much. At first glance, the colors were nothing special - but they are. In a subtle way, they are very unique. They work together in such a way that it is nothing like I have seen before in eyeshadow colors. They make my eyes look wide awake, and very interesting. The combination of these colors together is fabulous. Secondly, the quality of these shadows is amazing. I hardly had to blend at all, they go on like a dream. But most important to me is that they stay put all day. I get a good 10 hours before there is any fading. On my sensitive eyes that is important, because my eyes do water in pollution and at the slightest breeze. But these eyeshadows stay put throughout my little bouts of unwanted tears.
I am so very happy that I bought this quad, and I don't think I have ever felt this way about eyeshadows!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I do approve of this eyeshadow quad by Chanel, its all I had hoped for, first before anything I would like to say that this quad is unique because its a new texture that Chanel had not brought out before, so that alone makes it worth the 65$. I like the color combinations as well as the size of each individual pan, I do believe its going to be the start of future quads of the same quality by Chanel.

I love this. Excellent colors and pigmentation. Will be ordering a backup.

on 8/3/2011 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This tiny quad (4 grams vs 7.6 grams for my other well-loved chanel quads) is pretty to look at- love the chanel logo design and the colors are gorgeous but not worth the $65 price in my opinion. I decided to order this because of the raves I saw online and the swatches I saw made it look like a couple of the colors were unique but as it turns out I already have all these colors in other e/s. As far as quality honestly I think my ud shadows are equal or better (Im sure Ill hear comments about saying that but its my opinion). Ill be returning this.

Popular Palettes