Chanel Ombre Essentielle No. 90 Fauve

4.4

on 5/10/2015 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this shadow! It's a beautiful taupe colour with purple tones and glitter. The texture could be a little softer, which can make application a little uneven, but for something with this much sparkle it's not bad. Packaging is great, and overall it's a lovely shade.

on 9/14/2012 7:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Lovely taupe/purple shade that looks really good with my hazel (green/gold) eyes. Stayed on all day..applied at 7:15am, still on at 9pm. No creasing or smudging. Lovely silvery glitter throughout. I would repurchase due to the staying power, and the shade which seems to be a wonderful compliment for my eye colour.

on 4/19/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A great taupey eyeshadow. It's pricey but worth it. Great quality.

on 3/14/2012 1:05:00 AM

I contemplated getting fauve for a while - I'm a sucker for taupes but I thought I had similar things (mac hynotizing in particular). It's appeal was a more purple undertone rather than brown or straight grey.

I love the colour but the pigmentation is disappointing. I can build it up and make it work and I love the colour, but given the price, I think you can find very similar colours with better texture and pigmentation for less money.

Mark off for packaging - yes it's chanel but I'm more about minimal packaging rather than excess, and while it looks nice it's way more convenient to have eyeshadows depotted into palettes than have tonnes of single eyeshadows everywhere. I reach for it less for this reason.

on 3/1/2012 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product along with Beige Lame and am very disappointed. This product is not well pigmented, and looks more like a plain shimmer than pigmented eyeshadow. In the Chanel store the lights were deceiving, at home I could use this interchangeably with Beige Lame or any other lighter color. I really like the look of this color but am disappointed with low pigmentation. I will try it wet, maybe then it will give me a better color to work with. Definitely not worth the $$$.

on 3/1/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely lilac/pinky/taupe with a touch of shimmery glitter. Similar color to Chanel Illusoire but lighter. There is a bit of fallout with this shadow but not very noticeable. Average build-ability, I usually wear it as a light daytime wash.

I absolutely love this! It is a very beautful taupe/purple shade. Its perfect on my NC20 skin and hazel eyes. I usually use it for a wash of color, or I use the Chanel I'do Emerveille on the lid and I put this in the outer V. The color combo together is beautiful.

I wear this with the Bare Essentuals Prime Time primer and while I've never had to wear it for more than 10 hours, there is no signs of creasing at the tenth hour when it usually gets removed.

on 10/4/2011 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This eyeshadow is not unique because I find that this is the EXACT and I really mean EXACT same color as The Balm's Just This Once Jamie eyeshadow (which could be found in a single pan form or in the Vol.2 palette). So if you want a cheaper alternative, The Balm would be your best bet. The only difference is that Chanel's Fauve has multi-dimensional shimmers (meaning more fallout), however I find Chanel's to be a lot more crease proof. For 28 bucks, I don't find this to be all that worth it, I like this eyeshadow because of crease ability proof and I like the color - but I probably wouldn't buy this again. I uploaded swatches of both eyeshadows to compare!

on 6/8/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

love it! i only need this colour and taupe grise and i m happy for life. (-well technically) supports my eyecolour almost as good as taupe grise (wich is by far my very very favourite!)

i found out that this colour looks better if i dont use a brush but tap it on with my fingertips. along the crease- perfect.
the colour is so special that i dont know how to describe it.

on 5/28/2011 3:38:00 PM

This eyeshadow is a beautiful taupe shade with an almost purple glow which goes perfectly with my green eyes. I love a taupe shadow and have worn Bobbi Brown's cream eyeshadow in Galaxy a lot in the past, however there is a lovely sparkle in the Chanel shadow that I am loving. I have worn this allover my lid with a black liner along the lash line and Chanel eyeliner in Rose Platine along the lower lash line, this is a really nice look - day or night. I really like it!