Rimmel Lasting Finish - Vintage

2.5

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Ughhhhh Rimmel stop the madness!!! This review is for the "True Vintage" shade, so I am not sure if the name is the same and they recently added the "True". Anyway, this was another colossal fail. I said before that Rimmel needs to stop making lipstick and I will stand by that statement. Their swatches NEVER match!! I thought this would be a slightly,deep purple with a hint of dark brown tone, but I was wrong...AGAIN. This mess came out to be a deep pink rose that was absolutely awful on me. I think they were trying to go for a wine color for the name vintage for some reason I could be wrong, but they messed up and fell short. The lipstick looks so different from how it looks in the tube to when it is applied. I knew at the first swipe it was going to be a disaster. The name should have "rose" in it, because that is what it's in the color family of. I regret ever laying eyes on this false shade.

on 3/25/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Very much on the fence with this lipstick. I had my sister rummage around in clearance bins for this shade, and when she gave it to me and I tried it on I just wasn't sure. It doesn't look horrendous on me, but it doesn't wow me either. It's a pinky purple shade that looks a more paler pink in the tube. I'm not sure the purple-y tones suit my colourings... Also I'm not too keen on the shimmer. I really wanted to like this. I keep putting it on in the hope that I'll change my mind. I wouldn't feel silly wearing it out, so at least that's something.

Popular Lipsticks