Dejavu (Imju) DJV Beautenizer Fiberwig LX

3.9

on 2/10/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is my third tubing mascara and it's my second favourite of the 3 brands that I have tried (so far). Although I've given this 4 lippies (as with the Kevyn Aucoin mascara), I still prefer the Kevyn Aucoin one ever so slightly.

But this mascara is pretty good too. I wouldn't say it's particularly voluminising, but something about this mascara just makes my eyes pop. As I apply, it doesn't seem all that effective. It's build-able (much more than the Kevyn Aucoin), so you can apply several coats as long as the mascara hasn't dried. I think it's because it's super lengthening - a feature I actually thought was a myth until now as most lengthening mascaras just look thin and, well, thin on my short lashes. So while it doesn't add that much volume, it does make your eyes pop through its lengthening abilities and whatever else it does that makes it kinda fantastic.

It's harder to remove than the Kevyn Aucoin mascara. That's one thing I don't like. You really have to allow warm water to run over your eyes for some time. Ideally, you'd have washed your face once or twice, and that will loosen the mascara slightly so you can start to rub and remove.

However, it lasts all day and does not flake at all. I'm so happy with it, I bought another one. I'm completely sold on tubing mascaras, by the way! No more panda eyes at the end of the day!! I've also cried a couple of times and no smudging!! Every woman should at least try one tube in a lifetime!

on 4/17/2014 6:27:00 PM

I have tried Blinc's tubing mascara after using Fiberwig and much prefer this. Fiberwig applies messfree (Blinc takes too long too dry and throughout the day and when I blink, lashes actually stick to my skin, which is a big no no). Fiberwig has no such problems and the wand is much easier to apply and gets more dramatic/wispy result. My HG. Too bad Sephora no longer carries; I got my new tube from Asia.

on 12/6/2013 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The best I've ever had. Seriously, if this product was discontinued I would be the first one to get addicted to eyelash extensions. As my own lashes are long yet thin and very very straight, this is the only formula (and I've tried them ALL) that holds the curl and never ever smudges my upper lid and brow bone (which always happens with regular mascara). Also, my oily skin has improved since I started using this as it only needs warm water to be removed, makeup removers give me milia. Yes, even the mildest oil free ones (and the milky formulas irritate my eyes).
To be fair, this is the only fiber mascara brand that I've tried, but since I found that this is "the one",I no need to test. To those who just bought one and aren't impressed yet, beware, the formula is a little too liquid in the very beginning, but it gets a lot better after about 10 days of use as it dries out a little bit. Once you get the hang of it, you'll use it both for daytime and more festive eye makeup. However, don't fall for the "combine with the other figerwig volumelash"-trick. You'll get spider eyes! Just apply another coat of this stuff once your first coat has dried completely.

on 7/15/2013 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I have combination skin and am of asian descent and I live in a humid environment. I tend to be quite picky about mascaras but this does the trick. Whenever I want "natural" looking lashes, I tend to go with this mascara because not only does it make my lashes extremely long, it does not budge..at all! Every time I use this product, people always tend to compliment how long my lashes are- but they don't even realize I have mascara on! hehe *shh its a secret* I tend to sweat more than the average person on any day, and this is probably the only thing that will not smudge at all - even when I just splash (cold) water on my face it doesn't come off! But one thing to note is that, I don't know if its because I have mono eyelids, but when I use this mascara on my bottom lashes, it does smudge, so I tend to avoid using this on my lower lashes. For something that is pretty waterproof, it sure is easy to take off with just warm water!

on 7/6/2013 11:41:00 AM

I've been using Fiberwig for years and years now, for the simple reason that it's the only mascara that doesn't create any kind of under-eye shadow on my fairly oily skin. It stays on all day and doesn't require special eye makeup remover, and that's enough to make this the one non-drugstore product that I keep restocking.

It's good for creating subtle length and definition, not so much for volumizing. As far as I'm concerned, it gets the job done (especially for daily wear), but if you're going for a dramatic look, you might try something else.

on 6/11/2013 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely this mascara very much, Perfect for every day use. natural color perfect to me

on 6/10/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this full sized from this year's Sephora lash kit thingy, and I have to say that I'm very disappointed that this was the one they chose to be big. The brush is very awkward to use and doesn't get between my tiny Asian lashes at all. I had to tilt it and use the end to get the product on my lashes, or I'd get it smear everywhere when I try to wiggle it in. The formula is pretty wet and rather 'meh'. Didn't give me the length a fiber mascara boosts for, nor did it give a lot of volume. I found that it sometimes flacks small bits of fiber into my eyes during the day and it's super irritating. It doesn't smudge or anything, so that's at least one thing good for it.

Overall, not impressed!

on 5/19/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is just what I was looking for: a natural-looking mascara that stays all day and yet washes off easily at night.

I work in an animal shelter in Houston, TX. Although I'm usually fortunate enough to be inside in air-conditioning, the physical activity is still enough for me to work up a sweat. I can't have black smudges at the corners of my eyes after an hour and don't have time to touch up during the day.

Furthermore, my lashes are already long. Sure, they could use some volume, but I'll save that for special occasions. I despise, heavy, clumpy, spidery lashes.

I apply a single coat of Fiberwig mascara for soft, feathery lashes. Once I blot the tip of the wand, I don't get clumps. Mistakes come off easily once I let it dry. The brush works well for me, dispensing the right amount of product. And the mascara washes off easily with warm water and cleanser. I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

on 4/10/2013 2:40:00 AM

Bought this mascara in Hong Kong, so it was a lot cheaper. I love this mascara, doesn't smudge at all but if you're looking for volume and drama this isn't the one for you!

on 4/1/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a good mascara. It does lengthen my lashes and make them fuller, plus they are really black. However it is really easy to get spider lashes with this so you have to be careful how to apply it. I also think that it makes my lashes fall out but i'm not sure if it is this product.

Popular Mascaras