Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Natural Beauty

4.5

on 5/20/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really like this. its verrrryyy pigmented and is very long lasting. tarte blushes are a bit weird though because theyre so hard so it feels like youre not picking up product. i think they last long though

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful color, especially for colder months. It's extremely pigmented and easy to over do it, so there's a bit of a learning curve if you're used to more sheer and buildable blushes. I literally tap my brush on the color and it's enough for my cheek. This blush will survive the apocalypse, not sure how I'll ever manage to use it all. Not complaining though! Great value. Lasts all day on the face and makes you look more...awake, not sure how else to explain it. Easy to blend, looks very natural (hence the name I suppose), I would recommend it to anyone. Makes me feel like Snow White when I'm wearing it. :)

on 1/31/2015 11:03:00 PM

Love this color. Really is a natural beauty it's very Suttle and looks like natural blushing. It's highly pigmented use a light hand while using brush. This is universally flattering on all skin tones. It def lasts all day long with or without foundation even with excess amounts of oil my face produces. I love this stuff. I always get compliments when I wear it from my anti make up bf, or maybe it's the name of the blush throwing him off I don't even know. What I do know is I def want to purchase more colors :)

These blushes are amazing. They blend well and last so long. This color is very natural and nice. Would definitely think about repurchasing.

on 9/30/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a really pretty blush that gives you the "just came in from the cold" kind of look. It looks like what my natural blush color looks like, which is kind of crazy and pretty awesome. I like that it's a matte shade. An issue that I have though is the pigmentation... the pigmentation is amazing and therefore VERY tricky to apply because of the super red color. You don't really want a big splotch of bright pinky red on your face. It's kind of hard to get used to the very small amount you need in order to create the perfect naturally flushed look, but other than that this is a very nice blush. I think that you could probably easily dupe it with drugstore brands such as NYX.

on 7/19/2014 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

What a beautiful blush! It's a colour that I do not own in my collection. I bought my first Tarte blush in December but it wasn't Natural Beauty (though I had this one on my Sephora love this first) I ended up buying Tipsy (which I also reviewed).

I only own 2 Tarte blushes these two are it!

Natural Beauty is beautiful reddish/fuchsia that gives you that winter flushed look. It is very flattering on darker skintones (I'm NC42). A little goes a long way and this blush is extremely pigmented. It lasts about 7 hours of wear-time and think that is perfectly reasonable. I go to work and when I come home it's starting to fade. Usually the only makeup I end up retouching throughout the day on average is my lipstick/lipgloss.

Natural Beauty is the type of blush I wear when I want a bolder, show stopping look.

Overall, I highly recommend Natural Beauty. I probably wouldn't repurchase this because there are so many other blushes out there and I'd like to try them all! (Especially others in the Tarte line!)

on 7/1/2014 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Absolutely wonderful. I could see this blush suiting such a wide spectrum of skintones (MAC NC40 here). Natural Beauty is a lovely strawberry pink that blends nicely into the face without being clownish. The blush itself comes in an attractive compact and I enjoy the stamped design on its surface. A quick dusting with a fluffy blush brush yields a believable rosy hue that is reminiscent of having been in the cold. This product is blissfully void of any sparkle or shimmer so it definitely looks natural on the cheeks. This has been my go-to blush for almost a year and I have not even put a dent in it so the pigmentation is rather good as well, around the quality of a NARS blush.

This is such a beautiful blush in such a unique shade, unlike any other blush I own. I apply it to the apples of my cheeks with an RT multi task brush & like the name suggests, it really does bring out your natural beauty (for reference, I have NC20 - NC25 skin depending on time of year). It's a stunning strawberry red shade which looks scary in the pan but used sparingly, gives a beautiful glow & pop of natural flush to the cheeks without any shimmer or glitter. It's quite a hard formula blush which I quite like as you don't get dusty powder everywhere & you don't end up wasting any product this way. I asked a friend to pick this up for me when she visited NY a few months ago along with the matte lipsurgence pencil in Lucky which is also a HG product for me. Such a shame you can't get hold of Tarte very easily in the UK because these blushes are a stand out makeup product (I own 2 other shades - Adored & Buff). The packaging is also super cute & very hard wearing.

on 12/17/2013 12:08:00 PM

I went to NY a few months ago and I really wanted to buy some Tarte cosmetics after hearing many great reviews on their products. I bought the Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in 'natural beauty' which is a medium/deep coral pink. It looks very natural on my medium skin tone (with yellow undertones - for ref I'm between NC35-42 in MAC). I paid $29 (approx £17 GBP). I tested the blush one day and it was still visible after 8-10hrs which was very impressive. I cannot comment on the 12hr mark as they claimed on this blush as I've only worn it for a max of 10hrs. However, this is by far the BEST long-wearing blush I've ever used! This beats my other faves such as Bobbi Brown's 'nectar' blush. I have combination skin (oily t-zone & normal/dry cheeks) and whenever I wear foundations my cheeks do look slightly dewy which I don't mind and I can still see the colour of the Tarte blush, but it doesn't look the same as I first applied it. Instead it gives a natural finish/flush after a few hours as opposed to "painting it on". I like the compact packaging especially the pop of colour as it stands out in my cosmetics bag. I wish Tarte cosmetics was available in the UK (and Europe in general!) I am curently loving their foundation - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage 12hr foundation, which I've also reviewed on MUA. Overall I would highly recommened Tarte blushes. I will have to finish my other blushes first before buying new ones (basically using the Tarte blush sparingly because I can't buy it here lol). If you have a similar skin tone as me and looking for a natural flush of colour, try to buy this 'natural beauty' shade. Definitely worth the pricetag! Kudos to Tarte :) Hope this review helps!

on 12/11/2013 9:25:00 AM

I have been using Tarte products for a long time now. I use their CC tinted moisturizer, their cheek stains and most recently their powder blush. I love this color, it's kind of a rosy-red which goes nicely with my light skin. It lasts all day long, even if I go out for a drink after work I never have to reapply. You have to have a light hand with this color because one time I didn't and I was being asked all day if I was hot. It's not heavy either which is good because I'm prone to have breakouts on my cheeks. I'll keep going back to this blush even after I finish this color.