Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Daily Restoring Complex SPF 30

3.8

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Homosalate 4%; Octisalate 4%; Oxybenzone 3%; Avobenzone 3%; Octocrylene 2%. Other Ingredients: Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), VP/Eicosene Copolymer (film-forming/suspending agent), Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate (emulsifier), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Picea Abies (Spruce) Wood Extract (antioxidant), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate (emollient), Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol (emollient thickeners), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Titanium Dioxide (opacifying agent), Bentonite (absorbent thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent), Sodium Polyacrylate (film-forming agent), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was one of my free samples when buying the smaller Resist package, and I find myself liking it more than I like the Resist moisturizer (which is a very good moisturizer itself). Moisture Boost leaves my skin nicely matte, and I can apply makeup almost immediately after using it. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all, which is a serious achievement from a face cream given that my building still didn't shut down the heating now in the middle of May in California, so I'm basically writing from a sauna, people. Send me your extra ice cubes. Please.

on 9/14/2014 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG, are these reviews fake?! This is such a chemical treated moisturizer, that it gave me an incredible rash! never again!

on 9/14/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I discovered Paula's Choice last summer. Let's just say, I wish they had a rewards program! I am a complete convert and have loved everything I have tried. I am still in the process of trying out some of her products and while I enjoy using the Hydralight Spf30 as well as the Skin Recovery, I was still looking for something with more moisture. I have very dry skin and use the new Clinical 1% Retinol at night (which dries my skin out even more). After getting a little overzealous and using my 2% bha with the retinol, I had some serious peeling. Not just a peel here and there...oh no...my whole face was coming off in sheets. I stopped both the retinol and the bha for a few days. I used Evening Primrose oil and slathered on the CeraVe after exfoliating wit my Clarisonic. After things calmed down, I went back to my normal routine but started using Moisture Boost Spf 30 as my last step in my morning routine. I loved how this feels on my skin. I am light skinned and don't mind a bit of a white cast, but find this not to leave one. My skin looks fantastic and there is no end of day tightness to my cheeks either. The biggest change though is that at 48, I have stopped wearing foundation!! My skin looks so good and feels so hydrated that I can't bear the thought of putting something over it! I haven't experienced any ill effects (clogs, breakouts) from this moisturizer so it fits the bill perfectly. Hydralight worked nicely for me this summer as I was visiting family in the humid south. Skin Recovery is still in my arsenal and I will use it up (it is thicker and leaves more of a white cast, but is not as long term moisturizing as Moisture Boost) but I will continue to repurchase Moisture Boost Spf30 as an everyday moisturizer and sunscreen. Once again Paula, you hit it out of the park!!

on 8/23/2014 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried hi-end and low-end and this is the FIRST spf product that DID NOT STING MY EYES and make me miserable all day!

on 7/31/2014 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This is a chemical sunscreen with avobenzene stabilized with oxybenzene for uva support and an SPF of 30. This does feel slightly greasy but those with dry skin may appreciate that. I found this to be a lot like the other sunscreens she offers in appearance and texture.

on 3/18/2014 3:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is very cosmetically elegant sunscreen if you have dry skin and prefer chemical. I would love to use mineral ss, but tend to dry my skin and give me bad breakouts. It feels like a very moisturizing cream and leaves no white and has no irritating scent. It passes for UVB under the BASF sunscreen simulator, but doesn't rate as well as the best European chemical SS or LPR SX Daily 15, which is very nice too. It gets a PPD 6. But it does have a lot of anti-oxidants which should boost it's effectiveness. On the down side it has Vit. A, which isn't good in sunlight I don't love that it has oxybenzone either. But at least it's stable and has UVA coverage. It does have a lovely texture that beats any sunscreen I have tried. It's so gentle and lovely to wear. It got me liking to wear sunscreen. I like some PC products, but I am not convinced she knows her stuff on sunscreen but at least she really pushes it.

on 12/26/2013 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately, this sunscreen doesn't work for me. After several days of use, my seborrheic dermatitis flares up, which I believe is due to the chemical sunscreen. However, I also had the same reaction to the Moisture Boost moisturizer, too, though it took many more days to react, so I could have been reacting to another ingredient. Thus, others will likely be fine with this product; it's just not for me.

on 12/26/2013 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This one is just not my favorite. It is not moisturizing enough. My skin looks extremely greasy when I apply it, and later it looks to dry and feels dehydrated, with huge pores. Also, it makes the flaky patches become extremely visible, whitish. I can only tolerate it with the most moisturizing toner and serum underneath, and in days of perfect skin. Interestingly the Resist Daily moisturizer SPF works better for me in the winter. I'll try to finnish mine next summer...

on 6/24/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received this product as a sample size with one of my Paula's choice order. I'll update my review when I buy the full size but for now here's my impression:

I love that it is SPF 30 and really hydrating, however it feels a little like a white mask because it is really white when you apply it and it's hard to blend. It's not sticky, even a little greasy but it goes on smoothly and after a while it sink in.

on 6/9/2013 6:28:00 PM

I have combination skin with rosace and the occasional breakout and have found this moisturizer with SPF 30 to be outstanding. The finish, on my skin, is relatively matte all day and feels light on the skin, while also being very moisturizing. It's a paradoxical product because it really does seem to do it all.

No irritation, no breakouts. This is a great one.

Popular Moisturizers