Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is an awesome drugstore highlighter! I think for the price, you get a good deal of product, and it will last a good 5-6 hours when set with a setting spray. I find that this does not cling to my foundation and look weird, it really gives off a beautiful natural looking glow. It is very buildable, and can be quite difficult to get on the brush. I don't think this is compareable to mary loumanizer by any means, but if you're looking for a nice drugstore highlight, this will be great for you!

I was originally hoping to purchase the Revlon Photoready Skinlights, but my Target was not carrying it so I decided to try this instead.

I was originally disappointed by the glittery particles in the first layer (this was what I wanted to avoid with Revlon), but once you brush past it the powder is actually very nice and shimmery. I really enjoy the product and its beautiful in the inner eye corners, as well. I will still purchase the Revlon product because I was looking for something more dewey for more casual day time makeup, but the glow pearls are great for more polished looks.

The packaging was a little bulky, the brush is terrible, and I'm not crazy about the pop open button, but the mirror is useful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG highlighter! I was searching for a dupe for Mac's mineralized skinfinish in Lightscapade, and my friend recommended this as a much cheaper version. I picked it up for 18 dollars CAN at Wal-Mart and put it on as soon as I got home. First off, the packaging is lovely! So cute and beautiful. Secondly, the shimmer is perfect for a beautiful glow when light hits your cheeks, nose and cupid's bow. I've been using it everyday for 2 weeks now just to make sure it passes my "I'm not sick of it" test, and I still love it! I've actually had people ask me if I've changed my diet because my skin looks younger and more glowy. It's a keeper forever!

on 3/18/2015 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

It has a lot of product, it looks good on the skin and its pigmented so I think its worth the price. You can either wear it as a highlighter or before using your powder blush to make your powder blush easier to blend.

on 2/8/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

A perfect highlighter - a very fine translucent shimmer. Looks absolutely flawless and beautiful. It is great for my pale skin, so many highlighters out there are too dark for me, but not this! Depending on where you buy it, it will run you about 15-20 dollars Canadian.

on 1/24/2015 10:40:00 AM

Expensive for drugstore. Not natural whatsoever. Get this if you want to look like you're wearing glitter on your face.

on 1/12/2015 8:45:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I will say, that you need to use the brush to get the top layer off before you use this. For whatever reason, the top layer is full of thick, chunky looking glitter - not flattering. After that, you'll find it's a very finely milled shimmery powder perfect for highlighting. I even use it on my eyes! I use this over the Mineral Wear Talc-Free pressed powder and it looks gorgeous and natural. I cannot recommend this enough! I thought it would be too much when I first tried it just because of that darn top layer, but seriously, scrape that shit off and try it again - you won't regret it!

on 12/6/2014 8:46:00 AM

This is perfect when applied with a fan brush. I have a lot of acne scarring, so my full coverage foundation routine takes a lot of dimension from my face. When I use this (every day, now!) I get compliments on my skin. That literally NEVER happened before. It looks like natural glow. :)

on 11/9/2014 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an amazing product, for me anyhow. My skin tends to be a bit dry, and I typically avoid powders. This product, when used over moisturizer or TM, was minimally offensive in terms of settling into wrinkles or accentuating dry spots/pores.
The uber shimmer you see initially disappears after the first use, it's just a light coating over top of the product. I use this as both a blush and highlighter, depending.

PROS:
Leaves a pearlescent glow.
Looks great on bare skin or over a base.
Does not deposit color, in spite of being just a tiny bit pink-hued.
Price is very good, I paid 12.67 USD at Walmart, which when compared to high end products is a bargain. I'm betting this compact lasts me a year.

CONS:
The compact itself is hideous to me. It looks cheap and very tween. It's way too bulky as it has the section to hold the brush that comes with it. I don't like the accent pearl either. I wish this came in a sleek, thin compact. As we all know, the included brush is terrible as per usual. I use my own brushes, and have found it's hard to pick up with a soft brush.
I don't find it to really even out skin tone, as it claims to do.
I also find that this lasts on me about 4-5 hours, so reapplication is necessary for longer wear.

Overall I like it. A decent drugstore buy.

I am slightly obsessed with Physicians Formula Translucent Pearls. I picked it up a few months ago after deciding to try adding a highlight to my repertoire and figuring that the affordable price point would mean it wouldn't be too much of a loss if I didn't care for it. Now I don't know how I lived without it. I don't feel like my makeup is finished until I've applied it.

I've heard a couple of people say before that it needs to be built up a bit, but I haven't noticed any real problems with it showing up on my skin or staying on all day. I still notice the glowing effect this gives my skin even at the end of a long day. The finish is amazing, really wearable for everyday but definitely noticeable. It's a great product if you prefer foundations with a more matte finish, as this will give you a bit of glow and subtle sheen (but not shimmer).

The packaging isn't awesome, but I don't really care about that, because I love the product. I feel like I haven't even really made a dent in mine after a few months, so I know it'll last me for awhile. At about $13, I think it's a great deal, and I'll definitely repurchase when I use mine up.