Aveda Control Force

4.1

on 5/22/2015 11:40:00 AM

I love this product! It does not flake at all. It keeps my hair in place without the crunch. It is unique, it seems to add volume, yet keep the frizz down. My hair does not feel dried out, too. Great product. The only negative is the high price. I would recommend.

on 12/28/2014 9:23:00 PM

Excellent at keeping my fauxhawk in place! Too bad it's so expensive, boooo. I've since switched to TRESemme TRES Two Spray extra hold and that is a pretty good substitute at a very reasonable price.

on 10/23/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great hairspray - horrible smell. Strong hairspray scent mixed with something else... BO? However I don't find that the smell lingers so it's okay. But I wish they would change the scent.

on 6/23/2014 1:00:00 PM

Absolutely love love LOVE this hair spray! Definitley my HG hairspray, without a doubt! I was always a fan of the Big & Sexy line of sprays when my hairstylist friend told me about Aveda's Control Force and I thought, okay, isn't Aveda all hype and doesn't actually perform well? I had never truely liked the Aveda brand but her hair always looked phenominal so I thought, what the heck?
Upon first spray, this stuff can get sticky & hard REAL fast. Best to apply it about 10 inches from your hair and don't stay in one spot for too long! The one thing that I absolutely love about this product is that even after spraying it like crazy, I can still brush through my hair, have the hair keep its style, have NO white flakes, AND keep it's hold! It's amazing. I once ran out of my Control Force while on vacation with no Aveda in sight and had to buy a Big & Sexy spray. Man, what a difference it made! My hair's curls fell within minutes and my hair got super frizzy very fast. Made me realize what a gem Control Force truly is! Humidity control, flexible but strong hold, nice smell (doesn't phase me one bit, in fact I like it), and lasts a long time since you're not using half the bottle. Well worth the investment in my book! Give it a go, curly hair, straight, or wavy. It will change your hair!

on 2/22/2013 4:51:00 AM

Negatives
- there is way too much liquid in the spray which ends up on your hair, unless this is the so called "wet look".
- pricey
- surprisingly, not a good smell for an aveda product

Positives
- strong hold (which is important for some people)
- makes the hair look thicker

on 1/27/2013 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good performance, but can't get past the strong smell. And I have never before met an Aveda product that I didn't adore the scent of. That's probably at least half the reason I buy them, seriously. It's not that the scent of this itself is necessarily bad, but it is so strong and lasts allll day. Headache-inducer for me, and I worry that it will offend fragrance-sensitive people around me because it's so overpowering.

on 12/30/2012 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As far as functionality goes - it does exactly what a hairspray is supposed to do. It held my style in place for a good portion of the day. It really was weightless and did not make my hair feel weird or crunchy. UV protection is a nice bonus. However as far as the scent, one of the worst hair sprays I've had. It was very unpleasant to me- it smelled like a milder version of the Orlando Pita hairspray. I can't quite define the scent, but reminds me of Old Bay seasoning for some reason. If it wasn't for the scent, I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good versatile hairspray. Actually more of a medium hold than firm. Great for finishing blowouts.

on 9/5/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wish MUA had a "maybe" repurchase option because that's how I feel about Control Force. I've been buying Aveda products for over a decade, although I would not call anything I've ever used HG material and, of course, all Aveda products are very expensive. Control Force is expensive, but if you want a firm hold it's pretty good. The smell, unlike most other Aveda products, is horrible (industrial smelling--make sure your room is well ventilated before using it), but it held my hair in hot, humid weather even though I reapplied it many times. Would probably repurchase, but only because I always get sucked into buying Aveda products.

I bought this after having an updo done for my cousin's wedding. Little did I know, I wouldn't need it because the stylist already sprayed the **** out of my hair. I took the bobby pins out and my hair stayed! perhaps overkill......

ANYWAYS. I think it is expensive but I like Aveda products so I will spend the money for them. Packaging is good but you have to make sure the aerosol doesn't get clogged.

Now to the hairspray itself, this stuff HOLDS- it does make your hair sticky if you touch it but once it dries it will hold you FOREVVVERRRR. Great stuff for summer humidity. I find myself using this with both straight and curly looks to get some hold in this weather.

If you aren't looking for SUPER SUPER HOLD, don't buy this product.

I will rebuy if I ever run out but who knows when that will be.

Top Rated Aveda Products