Badger Sleep Balm

4.1

Not tested on animals

*Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Castor Oil, *Beeswax, Essential Oils of *Bergamot, *Lavender, * Rosemary Verbenone, *Ginger, *Balsam Fir and CO2 Extract of Ginger

on 12/29/2014 4:19:00 AM

Love this! I love this as a sleep balm but I prefer the night night one to sleep with. I keep this little one in my bag because I suffer from nausea a fair bit and the ginger in this actually helps! Not as much as medication but it's a close second :) and it's more relaxing than just popping a pill, feels better! But these balms are such multi-purpose products so what's not to love.

on 6/23/2014 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Oh its pricey but so good. I have a tin beside my bed and use it to moisturise my hands before sleep as part of my night-time routine and wake up with lovely smooth hands. I take it in my purse when travelling and its can be used as a heel balm, lip balm, dry ends hair serum, make-up remover and facial cleanser (oil cleaning method, massage in then remove with a hot wash-cloth or tissue off), the list is endless and the scent is divine!

This makes a great gift for all ages too. I did a mani on my grandmother and I used this to rub in her cuticles, and she grabbed it from my purse. She loves to rub it in her cuticles before bed as she said the soothing natural scent helps her sleep, and her nails have never looked so good! She later told me all her friends were jealous and rushed out to buy one of their own little Badger helpers.

***

I love how this brand is so upfront and is making the world better not worse. I did some research and found out not only is it organic, but it also isn't owned by a company who tests on animals or buys from suppliers who test on animals.

(Sorry Burts Bees, you are owned by Clorox who tests on animals
Sorry Body Shop, you too are now owned by L'Oreal who test on animals
Sorry Yes to Carrots, you are sold in China, who makes everyone who isn't Chinese test on animals if they want to sell in China.)

They are a Leaping Bunny Certified (better than Peta who sells memberships to business owned by companies who test on animals, and/or who contract 3rd parties to test on animals).

They have a great FAQ's section with tons of about use, allergy information (gluten, peanuts ect), safety on animals (ok on dogs, NOT on cats as you should never use any product containing scent or essential oils). There is a short video section to explain the company and products and the people behind it.

They are an ethical/free trade "B Corps member".

The packaging is CUTE.

What a fun brand.

on 11/23/2013 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

A few months ago, I was having trouble sleeping, so when I saw this at my local health food store, I figured I'd give it a try. The packaging is adorable and I love the smell, which is fresh, green, herbal, and not overpowering at all.
However, after I used it a few times as a temple rub, my greasy teenager-skin began to break out. I stopped using it until I read somewhere that castor oil (which this product contains) can stimulate eyelash growth. This may seem like a weird use for it, but I began applying a little bit to my eyelashes every night.
My eyelashes have always been fairly nice, but since I started using this, they've gotten longer and thicker. On top of that, I still get the aromatherapy benefits.
So, all in all, if you don't have acne-prone skin, I would definitely suggest using it as a temple rub, but it your skin is oily like mine, try using it on your eyelashes. You may be pleasantly surprised!

on 7/5/2013 11:12:00 AM

I'll be honest, I bought this because I love things in little tins and I'm quite the fan of Bergamot.
I wasn't hopeful that it would do anything other than smell good, and BOY was I wrong.

It may be completely placebo effect but I do not care. It WORKS. The scent isn't that strong, unless you put it under your nose you don't really notice it at all.

Put some on your temples and under your nose, I think that's the key, at least for me anyway. I'm asleep in about 30 minutes after, and I have sleep problems. I've been on prescription sleeping pills (they made me feel stoned and not at all sleepy), I've tried tea (just have to get up to use the loo during the night, which is not the best for sleep), I've used Benadryl or Nyquil and that only works for a few days.

I picked up my tin at ULTA for about $5. Just try it, it's totally worth it.... but make sure you put it under your nose.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm going to be honest here I mainly bought this product because of the gorgeous little tin it comes with but reviews I read were saying you had sweet dreams. The actual balm itself wasn't very strong and didn't really have much effect on my sleeping patterns but it does smell nice and I do still use it sometimes mainly to calm me before going to bed or after and argument with my brother lol.

on 11/18/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Yes, this balm does not seem to have a strong lavender scent. I would have preferred more lavender and other essential oils for the money charged. I will probably try 'Wildflower' brand balm next time, but will be returning to Badger balm as it is one of my favorite balms.
Update - this balm works like a charm on the face! It makes the facial skin smooth and supple.
My husband too, loves the badger line, especially the sleep balm and always likes to dab a little bit of the balm on his nose, before going to sleep.
The cool badger logo on the top of the cute little tin....this is one badger with tons of attitude, 'cos it knows it's one of the best-est! :))

Update July 11 2014 - I have started preferring the Night-Night Badger balm over this Sleep balm. Comparing the ingredients, I understand why - the Night balm has my favourite essential oils like lavender, sandalwood and chamomile, and Aloe, all mellow. The Sleep balm has rosemary, bergamot, verbenone and ginger which are all kind of strong, energizing scents.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Like other reviewers have said, you don't really smell lavender much in this, but I think it still smells good. I find that it is a relaxing scent. I've put a little on my temples and some under my nose (seems to work best for me under my nose). I also like that it seems to last forever. I think I actually got mine in a set, so I'll probably purchase it that way next time too.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have read the philosophy behind this is that the natural balms are meant to calm and clear your mind so that sleep may set in naturally once your mind is at rest and calm enough to enter into its natural sleep cycle. I personally am a deep believer in organic, natural and herbal based remedies and this is one of my all time favorites. I use this almost every night and find it is very comforting and reassuring. Sure some may scoff at it being a placebo effect. But if having this cute little purple tin on my nightstand at night is all it takes to ensure a blissful sleep, then I'll gladly continue to purchase.

on 9/9/2011 2:49:00 AM

I bought this a couple years ago when I was spending a lot of weekends at my mom's place and having difficulty sleeping on her uncomfortable pull-out couch. I can't say that it made me sleep any better or fall asleep any faster, but it smells nice and is soothing. Those weekends stopped and I've really only been using it when my eye area feels a little dry or when I'm sick and want some extra pampering and care. I've recently been reading up on how castor oil is supposedly beneficial for eyelash and eyebrow growth and darkening. So I thought, what the heck, this stuffs got castor oil in it so I might as well use it up for that purpose (this is probably less messy too!). Before bedtime, I use a q-tip to scoop a little out and rub on my lashlines and brows. It's only been a week, but I feel as though my lashes are a touch longer and my brows a bit darker and fuller. Maybe it's just wishful thinking!

on 7/27/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product doesn't make me fall asleep, but when I use it, I tend to remember my dreams, which I don't otherwise. I used it on my temples and it was a bit greasy and made me break out a little. Under my nose, it is fine. Could use more lavender oil in it in my opinion. I just put a couple of drops of lavender oil on top of it, and it seems to work better that way. Not so moisturizing as a hand moisturizer though. I will repurchase because it does make me calmer before sleep.

Popular Body Skincare Products