Freeze It Mega Hold

4.2

on 3/1/2015 7:27:00 PM

love love love this hair spray!!! I have had stylists recommend so many " wonderful " hair sprays for my fine hair, that they SWORE by.....ha! I spent sooooo much money and none of them even came close to this hair spray! TRY"IT"!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow, I loved this hairspray.... At first. Great hold and smell but it dulls my hair and definitely have to wash it next day. It makes my hair look and feel gross. Boo!

on 7/23/2014 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This stuff is great. Your hair will not budge if you use this. I saw a girl using it in a tutorial for adding volume by teasing your hair. I have used Rave for years but I think I like this better. It holds better and the smell isnt as strong. Price is good and can has lasted a long time. I like the spray can and will repurchase.

on 6/27/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Love it, totally love it. I have fine, thin grey hair...stick straight and very hard to hold. I would be lost without this product....it allows me to have the hair I have always wanted. Doesn't flack or look dull. Holds best of any I have ever used. Washes out without a problem. I have been using it for several years and each new upgrade has only gotten better. This is the best IMHO for anyone with fine hard to deal with hair. It leaves no smell after it dries which is a big plus for me as I do have asthma and other sprays caused me a problem. Again, all I can say is I love it!

on 4/13/2013 6:36:00 PM

My HG of hairsprays...... this stuff is the best. $3-$4 for the large can at the dollar store. It holds great, but won't cause a mess the next day. Your hair is still do-able on day 2. Leaves a nice shine to the hair, too. No offensive odor. Someone recently gave me a little can of Rusk extra hold hairspray & not only did it do absolutely nothing to my hair, the smell was nauseating.

Freeze It is the BEST.

on 11/12/2012 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have see-through (at least on top), baby-fine, poker-straight hair. I get lt. blonde highlights to make my scalp less noticeable. Placement is a major factor in going out in public. This hairspray is the best. I've been using it since it was about $2.97 at Wally World. It's now closer to $5. I stock up like you wouldn't believe.

To get some height, I spray the top of my hair while standing upside down. And, yes, heavy, daily use will cause noticeable build-up. No biggie. I just make a paste of baking soda and water and mix it with my shampoo and leave it sit for a couple minutes in the shower.

If you need your hair to stay exactly where you place it, Freeze-It is an excellent choice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my. This stuff brings back great memories. I used this all through high school for my crazy teased do's, It is simply the BEST hairspray if you are looking for great hold. Your hair will not budge. The smell is reminiscent of tequila and the bottle is pretty unattractive, but the spray is simply awesome. I have yet to find a brand that has a hairspray as good as this.

The best.

on 5/17/2011 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

This used to be one of my favorite drugstore hairsprays. I went to CVS to purchase a new can. They changed the packaging but claimed that the formula was the same. That's not the case. It's totally different and the price went up and the bottle is smaller. I could live with the price and that fact that as the price went up, the contents was less if it was the same hairspray. It's not. What I loved about it was that it was not a wet hairspray as many drug store sprays are. The new one is more wet than the old one. I am done with Freeze-it

on 2/22/2011 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

ive purchased this hairspray about 4 times now i really like. my hair is short blonde and stacked inthe back and this realy makes it bright and shiny and holds really well. i can tease it , spray come back in a few and tease it bigger and even comb thru it and it holds up well. gives it some texture. everyone knows dirty hair styles better so this kind of dirtys my hair up so i can get some volume. idk if that makes sense to anyone else! like it a lot definetly recomend. cheap too

on 12/27/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I can't believe I haven't written a review for Freeze It Mega Hold before. I have been using this hairspray, along with a frizz cream (usually Suave Professionals Anti Frizz Cream) for years now to add lift and hold to my medium thick, wavy-to-curly hair. This stuff holds curl like nobody's business, and unlike every other hairspray I've ever used, it adds shine like you wouldn't believe. The scent is light and unobtrusive. It doesn't build up or look dirty, either - I usually only wash my hair every two to three days, but I can add a little more of this to my roots and bangs every day in between without my hair looking grungy. And when I do wash it out, it washes out easily, without leaving my hair a tangled, matted up mess that's difficult to wash.

It will make your hair feel a little crunchy if you use it on wet hair or use too much; I just put a little dab of frizz cream in my palms, rub my hands together, then pull my hair back as though I were putting it in a ponytail, and the crunchies are gone.

If I could change anything, I would adjust the nozzle so that the spray comes out a bit finer, but aside from this, Freeze It's the best hairspray I've ever used, hands down. I've recommended to numerous people, all of whom have also raved about it, as well. Try Freeze It - you won't be sorry!

UPDATE: Yes, the bottle has changed for this product, but as far as I can tell, the formula is still the same. The problem, however, is that the spray nozzle on the new bottles has such a heavy spray. Believe it or not, that's a big deal. I absolutely cannot use a hairspray with a heavy, wet mist, so until I figure out someway to rig these bottles with different sprayers, I'm stuck using TreSemme.